Bump. I actually like this channel but this video made me dissmiss the whole channel

Bump. I actually like this channel but this video made me dissmiss the whole channel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo
youtube.com/watch?v=UIDlIWYRjK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>destroy this man
Kill yourself, we're not your personal army

>our Universe is fine tuned hence God
This argument is so retarded, Jesus, I'm not even an atheist. How does this dipshit know that the Universe didn't come to exist and immediately collapse because four fundamentals weren't just right a gorillion gorillion times before hitting necessary ratios? The unlikeliness of the odds is irrelevant in infinity, if something could exist at all, it WOULD necessarily come to exist.

Actually he's wrong, if it's so fine tuned how could ONE god do all that? Obviously it had to be a PANTHEON. Zeus, Thor, Hera, roast this heretic.

Reported for raid thread. Enjoy your permaban.

While the video is a good argument for a Creator, it fails to address the epistemic impossibility that we would not exist to perceive our existence had all of the conditions not been met.

If the strong/weak force had been slightly altered, for example, the universe as we know it would not exist. In such a universe, nobody would be there to acknowledge that the fine-tuning is incorrect. Couple this with multiverse theory and the probability of our existence is significant, if not inevitable.

Trash video, trash channel.
>says the odds of life existing anywhere are "astonishing" and "inconceivable" just because very specific conditions have to be met, doesn't give an actual estimate
>le fine tuning maymay, presents no model for what the odds of getting a specific set of cosmological values are so all we get is his opinion that what we have seems unlikely

>I actually like this channel
Are you retarded?

The comment section is fucking cancer. It's crazy how people don't understand basic logic.

>I actually like this channel

Why? What is wrong with you?

I think he likes that it's a channel with conservative views on many things, but he doesn't expect the full conservative package - i.e. religion.

The first half of this video is completely right, modern science is far too confident in the idea that extraterrestrial life is common or even out there at all. However, the fact that we find ourselves here despite overwhelming odds is far more elegantly explained by the anthropic principle than by a creator.

the main issue is that this planet isn't "life-sustaining" the life on it has adapted to live here lo

This post is too reasonable you're making me angry with your reasonableness.

ooh, he bad

>The video was obviously recorded a long time ago, given that PragerU likes to add so much editing
>Lets say that guy said all that shit like 3 weeks ago
>He got paid to say that and now he is gone. Doesn't even think or care about the debate. He is gone buying some hookers with that money.
>We know that PragerU speakers are never told to follow up the debate in the comments. So again, the guy is long gone enjoying his money
>Just now, 3 weeks after he got paid and fucked his hookers, some autists on the internet got buttmad and are now rushing to the comment section of a channel he doesn't own nor knows barely anything about to give him counter arguments
>The only counter argument he needs is that tight 12 year old asian pussy you can get if you can pay enough and know the right person

You "debaters" fucking make me laugh, and I'm an atheist. At least go back to debating yourselves about climate change or some shit. That way at least the person on the other side at least knows you exist.

Not an argument.

PragerU is a joke, by the way. Don't know if you knew.

>dimiss an otherwise brilliant channel because of one dumbass

Fake and gay

The point is not to debate the creator of the video but to convince other people who have watched the video and are reading the comments, you supreme autist.

pragerU isn't perfect, but it's necessary in our politically homogeneous social media circles which often push liberalist "science"

science isn't conservative or progressive, but the liberal side isn't letting up, so we might as well get exposure on the conservative view and interpolate from there.

>polite sage for non/sci/

>pragerU
lmfao
so much for the autistic right

>PragerU
Good Goy.

We shouldn't tolerate using "science!" to push any agenda. PragerU does just that. It doesn't balance out the conversation it just drags it further in a shittier direction

>This fucking asshat is so fucking wrong about everything he said in this fucking video.
Quality refutation of the central point right there.

>he likes PragerU
Christ user, can I get some content with that pure ideology?

Science can never argue for or against god. Science exists within the physical universe, which is defined by the metaphysical "settings" of the universe. You can't perform science on metaphysics. Science is very good at explaining the "hows" of things. It really doesn't ever explain a "why does any of this happen at all" to almost anything. Why does anything behave the way it does? It's not a question of finer and finer details, it's a question of just asking why anything happen instead of some other way. We can do science to find out what's allowed in this set of metaphysical rules, but we can't test these settings and rules at all.

God is a meta-meta-physical being, who is capable of adjusting the metaphysical rules of the universe, and is not going to be affected by them. This is so beyond science we can't even begin to start to think about how this would work. They're wholly, utterly incompatible. It's a frankly ridiculous notion to try to do this. It's something at least twice removed from and beyond our universe.

They feature many different people, some better than others.

i hate prager university so fucking much. They occasionally have some good videos on there, but then they give a voice to the most irrational conspiracy nuts, to the point that you can't share any of their videos, because it would discredit your point simply by being associated with those fucks.
I think their choice of speakers is simply "what oppinion is the most contrarian on any topic? Let's get someone expressing that oppinion vocally"

a question to you astrophysicists:
Could the universe be even MORE fine tuned to support life?
Or are the conditions we are living in really the best possible universe?

what is Veeky Forumss oppinion on Lawrence Krauss?
youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo
youtube.com/watch?v=UIDlIWYRjK8

he argues for a universe that simply "happened to exist"
but i'm too unknowledgeable in matters of physics/too stupid that i could follow his argumentations

>fine tuned
[citation needed]
First, the term "tuned" automatically implies a creator, which makes it a leading question.
Secondly, "fine" is a problem.
We've only seen one universe, ever.
Creationists like to say that if the gravitational constant were even slightly different, yadda yadda yadda...
The problem with that statement is, since we don't have a bunch of different universes to compare, we have no idea what the normal range for the gravitational constant is.
For all we know, almost every universe in existence has a UGC almost exactly what ours is.
Or maybe not, we just don't know.

>Could the universe be even MORE fine tuned to support life?
It's unclear what you're asking.
Life as we know it is self-tuned for this particular universe.
If things were any different, they just wouldn't be the same.

Bitches don't know about the self organization of dynamical systems

if you actually think prager has produced a single good video then you are subhuman