Math is harder than physics

>math is harder than physics
Let's stop this meme. If that was the case, how come top physicists who has genius level intellect struggling with it? At least in math, the field is still progressing, new theorems, guys like Mochizuki etc. In physics, there are guys like Witten who got Fields Medal yet he can't do anthing grounbreaking in his field. It's just to goddamn hard.

> If that was the case, how come top physicists who has genius level intellect struggling with it?
>implying top mathematicians with genius level intellect don't struggle with math too
reminder Fermat's Last Theorem took 350 years to prove

In math, there is literally an endless amount of things you can study. You can even invent new problems. In physics, you are limited by how many different ways you can coherently describe reality, and you eventually run out, so it's harder to make progress.

I met Ed Witten when he did a lecture on the Jones Polynomial. He's autistic as fuck...Is this what all Physicists are like?

I wouldn't say that any field is harder than other but here is what I would say:

Math is more abstract. It is 100% about the intellect of the person. Physics is more real and tangible, there are visual aids, there are experiments, etc. So in general you need to be more talented to be good at math.

I was in math and changed to Physics in BSc. Can confirm Physics much harder

well you can just invent things like string theory

I find math a lot easier because I don't have to visualize shit or do labs or experiments.

I'd admit on some level I think Physics is harder; however, math takes a lot more abstract reasoning and generally I feel that given enough time I could probably pick up the physics since the math is baby tier; but I could be wrong.

which is not physics, just a math circlejerk.

in terms of usefulness to society engineering > physics > math

What's the meaning of this meme?

You mean
physics > engineering > math
Don't forget, the desire for physicists to share information across the globe is the very reason why the internet exists.

Yeah, but who invented the internet? Checkmate, physicists.

>top physicists
Is Hawking one of them? I saw people dismissing him here, but he seems to be better than most pop scientists.

dislike

>I was in the future highschool math teacher track and changed to Physics in BSc. Can confirm Physics much harder
lmftfy

In math you have every freedom you want, but in physics to understand and use math in physics you have to learn a whole new domain. It's not like high school: "physics is real, look out the window :^)", theoretical physics is still abstract as fuck. it's quite difficult to learn 2 domains at once.

Theretofore I would say physics is indeed harder

While that is the case, you are limited to inventing basic patterns because you have to build everything up from scratch while in physics you have an enormous amount of detailed phenomena you can observe and analyse, so all in all they are equally hard, neither physics nor maths are 'completed'

I'm a faggot

Thank god, where would we be without facebook and the number one procrastination tool