Why is Psychology looked down upon so much guys?

Why is Psychology looked down upon so much guys?

not a science

Because it doesn't probe the physical substrate of reality like the hard sciences do

t. pseudo scientist

not an argument

>physical substrate of reality
>hard sciences

top kek

it's not quantitative, and it's faulty attempts at quantitative analysis are statistical analyses carried by people who overwhelming studied psychology "because math is hard."

Stop calling it science and I will like it more. Call it liberal arts and I won't have much criticism.

Psychology should be abandoned. The useful areas of research should be put under psychiatry or neuroscience. Psychologists are retards that didnt get into medicine so they larp as doctors or scientists. Even engineers are geniuses compared to them.

Because stemfags are bitter about their laow GPA and having to end up working computer science jobs which they have made fun of for years because it really is the only profitable stem major.

Also undergraduate superiority syndrome

t. armchair psychologist

+

It is gender studies with philosophy.

Trips of truth but in my Psych electives we generally are taught women are inferior to men in many ways.

Yeah, I enjoy thinking of psychology just like I enjoy every other subject. Most of the established fields of research are fine. You realize it's only undergraduate retards who barely know anything about their own fields that are constantly shitting on other majors? Go talk to any good professor (usually older men or women), see if you find this unwarranted undeserved superiority complex among those people.

t. math major

It is pure jewish discipline not for goy. Only jews will get money or job in it. Goys are just shekels for universities.

>Go talk to any good professor
I dont talk to jew parasites.

I urge Veeky Forums to become the first good board on Veeky Forums. Ye shall recognize thy arrogance, and humble ye self.

>when you can actually visualize their reddit tab open in their browser
It's a sorrowful feel anons

I wish. Reddit is so much better than Veeky Forums but unfortunately shitposting and wasting time and being bitter online is more attractive than actual decent and fullfilling conversation. So unfortunately reddit never was for me.

Because they draw conclusions based on interpretations of statistics taken from very small and insignificant polling groups.

Idk, but when your psychology professor tells you that homosexuality and being transgender are natural occurences, you kind of just assume the subject as a whole is bullshit.

LMAO @ this guy who thinks decent conversations are ever had on reddit

>Tfw one of my professors accidentally called homosexuality a malfunction in a lecture and then realised what year it was and immediately backpedalled and apologised before any special snowflakes could say anything

Fuck the world we live in

It's the year of Donald Trump being President of the United States, bitch.

That was the night that I realized my uni is a bunch of pissbabies. They had a big watch party in the student union and by the end of the night half the people were literally bawling.

So /r/math isn't better than Veeky Forums?

Because it aims to a greater master of the human mind, while not using the philosophy of science at its best. They just basically test theories on sample of people and pretend everyone follow that psyche theorum

hey I'm offended

>they larp as doctors or scientists

If Philosophy is gay, your comment is senile man on man asshole gaping

Serious question: what sub-fields of psychology are "scientific" AND useful?

Neuroscience

none
This is or should be under neurology.

Literally this.

psychometrics

Extremely easy to fall into subjective arguments

because in order to feel like their shitty degree is wroth something they have to look down on something

Nearly any science or engineering degree is superior to psychology. The only inferior ones are shit like gender studies and they are a tie between sociology and those teaching educational degrees you can get.

It is pure shit and you will only signal your potential employers that you are a brainlet who dont have any useful skills. You will be overqualified for shit jobs to hire you, will not have any meaningful skills for jobs that require it and will be seen as not a scientist by academia so you are actually hurting yourself studying it.

Maybe if you are lucky you will get a position in mcdonalds because your degree shows you can cope with stress and anger, have peoples skills better than high schooler and cant do anything else so they wont lose you.

>science or engineering degree
>gender studies

>walk through those doors.. Facts Only

I'm not sure why there's any controversy about ALL of psychology not being a science. There's branches that are clearly just words and nothing useful but there's other branches like abnormal psychology and biopsychology and behavioral psychology that are observable, testable, sciences. Just because experimentation doesn't yield 100% accurate results every time doesn't mean something is not a science. Just because something doesn't primarily utilize math doesn't mean its not a science and I fail to agree with most of you that psychology isn't a science. There's are people that through rigorous testing and experimentation on humans, have come up with things that we will all take from like good parenting strategies, therapy work, and social tools. Generalities are extremely useful in regards to how actually chaotic living things are.

t. Bioengineer

Because half of what psychology does can be done better by neuroscience and psychiatry, and the other half can be done better by philosophers.
I'm surprised it even is a field of its own, instead of just being seen as a pratical sub-branch of philosophy and/or neuroscience, that creates an occasionally useful link between the two. People who study psychology are usually people who are too much of pussies to study in the two first fields.

L. Ron Hubbard hated it.
Therefore I love it.

You realize that psychiatry is the 8 year turnaround on psychology right.. There wouldn't be psychiatry without psychology and neuroscience as well.

And for neuroscience, that would only be useful in the case of neural imagine and autopsy work which would lead to a fuck ton of conjecture about what causes what. Like if an area in the brain isn't lit up and the person happens to have Parkinson's affecting the language centers and hippocampus, that wouldn't just explain Parkinson's, we would attribute that to many hundreds of other issues that they have. Its far from a complete study. But I dont know much about the research aspect of it either. Not familiar enough.

I guess what I mean is that psychology is a great building block for applications of psychiatry and neuroscience.

itt: people mad they were diagnosed with autism

I'm mad because I wasn't diagnosed with autism.

Still not a science.

Psychology only applies to stupid people, anything else relating to psyche is more of a neurology type deal.

>the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Sure looks like a science though.

Really I thought philosophy was silly and made fun of for not producing anything how is it any better than psychology

Not that user, but don't all you guys mean cognitive science rather than neuroscience?

Marketing

To all psychology & psychiatry pros ITT

Does Transient Global Amnesia qualify as an Organic amnesic syndrome?

Been doing a literature review on it for the last 8 hours and just realized I probably fucked up.

I will submit it anyways but fuck man im a stupid piece of shit

>Psychologists are retards that didnt get into medicine so they larp as doctors or scientists
Psychologyfags will never be able to recover from this, not even with a thousand years of shitty overpriced therapy

You are all fools. I am psychologist major and am the most autistic of all. The master of manipulative weaponized autistic meme magic. I can even outjew the jew.

Sounds like a question for a sociologist.

yeah it is dumbass, it follows the scientific method

yee, theoretical physics do that, amirite?

its not. Veeky Forums jerks off to its IQ every day, and IQ is a psychological construct.

It's basically a part of humanities, in that it's basis is entirely on personal opinions, personal bias, agendas and ideologies. It is not empirical or scientific. Therefor it is useless and dangerous (on the same level that the traditional "medicines" of some cultures are simply dangerous) in it's supposed application.

half of Veeky Forums dismisses it as pseudoscience (it is) or ignores it, those that discuss it are from /pol/ and Veeky Forums or just memeing.

it at least attempts to

That's what the Jew wants you to think.

true. true

In order to grow, to enhance one's own worth to himself and society, one strives to grow more shrewd, cunning and irregular. He/She develops into an individual.

This, however, makes the results of analysis of the (thought) processes behind one's personality a thing of temporary nature, valid only for clearly limited subsets of a population, valid for a short duration in time.

Findings in the field of psychology are vague, more often than not inaccurate, sometimes simply incorrect. Hence, the study of human psychology is not rewarding and worthy of pity.

Psychology isn't a science. It's really just common sense for the most part.