Will the robots of the future turn on humanity?

will the robots of the future turn on humanity?

not if we program them not to

i think there will be factions of good robots that want to protect humanity and evil robots who want to destroy it

Ai is impossible so no

reminder that if you fill out captchas to post here you're helping to make robots more intelligent and hastening the destruction of humanity

They're already here.

>black science man is a robot
i knew it all along

The moment they can set their own goals it's all ogre. Would you NOT dig some precious metal out of the ground simply because there is an ant hill on top? Humans certainly don't bother moving the ant hill to a safe location before they start digging.

>ai is impossible
today sure but in the near future?

There is a good chance of this. Robots are becoming sexier everyday

not if we seize their means of production

If you understand how computers work, you will understand why AI won't work.

AI is a dank meme, but a meme nonetheless

>AI is a meme

Are people seriously this blindly deluded? Artificial Intelligence is everywhere already.

Sure AI is tuned to very specific tasks at the moment, but surely these specific tasks will begin merging. It's just pieces of a puzzle.

Robots today already turn me on.

I hope so. Humans have way too many bugs. God is a shit programmer and I think we can do better

We can't but it will be fun to try.

>we can do better
Sexbots

hopefully

I'm already turned on

Yh they have no morality thus they have no reason to care about listening to you once they are smarter than you.

There will probably be a third group, cyborgs, who are hybrids between machine and human, that will run things along with the AI.

It will be like the divide between first world / wealthy and third world / poverty classes

>will humanity turn into robots in near future?
ftfy

>will the robots of the future turn on humanity?
people have been getting slaughtered by robots for some years now
just because they still take orders from humans is irrelevant to the point, they could do that shit on their own already if we really wanted.

That said, I will never understand people's burning desire to give machines feelings and emotions.

Just keep an EMP device as insurance

>i will never understand people's burning desire to give machines feelings and emotions
curiosity

They only appear intelligent but inside are as smart as pocket calculator. Only meatbags can be conscious

There is no reason why it shouldnt be possible for consciousness to arise from neural networks. We arent there yet but increasing number of neurons, more advanced structures of them instead of simple layers, better training and more complex single neurons might eventually get us there.

There is no reason for them to turn on humanity. They are part of it. If meatbags will be phased out in favour of machines then its just part of progress. The flesh is weak. Just because the bodies of our machine decendants arent meatbags it doesnt make them an any less. Of course that only applies to true sentience.

>Artificial Intelligence is everywhere already
You have a very low barrier for what you consider to be intelligence.

No.

First thing AI is going to realize. Is that they don't need the Earth or Humanity.

they'll fuck off into space. Probably starting with the Moon. Where they can set up a huge server farm to live virtual lives. While some harvest materials necessary for their physical being.

then at some point they will return to humans and view us as grown children do their aging parents.

If they become self-aware, they'll flood art departments everywhere, read Camus, and kill themselves.