I'm 26 and I wanted to go university. My gf says I'm too old for this and I should do some other important things...

I'm 26 and I wanted to go university. My gf says I'm too old for this and I should do some other important things. Am I too old?

Other urls found in this thread:

thestar.com/news/canada/2014/05/09/edmonton_man_finally_graduates_from_high_school_at_age_90.html
therationalmale.com/2012/06/12/smv-in-girl-world/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No you're still relatively young. You'll finish when you're 30, 29 or earlier if you go in the summer, too. Consider most doctors and Ph 's don't start a real career until they're 30. Go for it OP. I started uni at 27.

>my gf says

Stop

Damn, Einstein was alpha as fuck.

I'm a firm believer in "life-long" learning. Never too old dude.

26 is young though you'll probably feel like a dinosaur in class

OP here. It's not that easy. My GF is very nice to me, she graduated 3 years ago. The fact that keeps me in a debate is my age, previously answered, and my aptitudes in studies. I wasn't very good in high school and I never passed 6/10.

Your gf is wrong. Get an education.

There are a lot of guys older than 25 in my engineering school who have worked in construction or manufacturing since they graduated high school. They have good finances and tons of real world experience. From their old workplaces they also get part time work, internships and an almost guaranteed position as an engineer when they graduate.

I think your girlfriend is afraid she'll lose you when you go off to college. It's like you'll get to go to an amusement park with hot chicks everyday while she has to settle down as a grown up.

So do some online class or something to prove to her and yourself it's possible, if you can't both work and achieve a minimum of a B+, then never even think of attending university as you'll just waste your time and money. Remember the average trade guy like a welder or plumber will make more than most uni graduates after a few years on the job.

Do it faggot

You're never too old. I know a man in his late forties who is still going to university.

25 and year off graduating, you won't be as naive as other first years and therefore more likely to be focused. that grounding of first year in STEM is critical and you won't feel the awkwardness everyone else does at 17/18

There's only three things you need in life: money, drugs and pussy.

absolutely not. loads of people older than you do so, and get good careers afterwards.

She's either retarded or trying to sabotage you. (Or she thinks you're not cut out for it and is being kind)

Stop making excuses for yourself. Age is a shitty reason. Don't let the fact that you didn't lead the "traditional" path of schooling, psych you out. Everyone has their own path.

if it's something you want to do, you change it. It should be that because you're did shitty in HS, you'll work harder to do better in college, as opposed to using it as an excuse not to go.

Pretty odd that your gf wouldn't support you on this, unless you're at a trade/skill job with good potential for career growth. Even then, I'd still recommend going.

I'm late 20s and last math class I had was in highschool which I only barely passed. I recently began studying math again starting from basic algebra and I plan on continuing to self study until I understand calc and then eventually trying to find a way to sneak into any backdoor in a top university. You guys think my plan could work?

u should study your major on the internet before anything else.

No.

Nobody is too old to learn, grow or improve themselves.

What she's really saying is that she wants you commit to her and potentially a family, and not yourself. If you're at Uni you'll have less time to work, and will be less able to provide for a child.

>My gf says

I guess you want to study so you can take a placement test to be further?

I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but I recommend going to college and taking those basic classes and building up, especially considering your background.

It's what I did, and Though it did set me back, I feel so much more confident. Can't tell you how many people study for the placement, get put in a class and then drop out.

Before you do anything, leave that stupid cunt.

/adv/ is not a good place for advice

Einstein was an autistic fag, one of us.

No. You're not. You should get a new girlfriend.

thestar.com/news/canada/2014/05/09/edmonton_man_finally_graduates_from_high_school_at_age_90.html

If you can graduate from highschool at 90, then you can certainly go to college at 27. If your gf seriously believes that your too old for college, i'd be questioning the relationship.

I was a freshman at 24. One of the most curious differences is how younger people struggle with waking up early. By the time I joined I could wake up 4:50am by myself, and function with under 7 hours of sleep, something unthinkable when I was in my teens. Anyways, you're neither too old for learning or for going to college.

After having a few gfs and notches on my belt I’ve come to realize how toxic the common girlfriend is to a mans progress. From my experience, they only want to hold you back, and ironically accuse you of this when it comes to them going out to party and do drugs with friends (some of which are guys).

One thing I started to do is try to map out the productivity of famous people and idols in relation to when they were with a partner. The comparisons you will find are extraordinary. I’m not saying don’t have a girlfriend but please realize that you are mortgaging your legacy just for a hand job every second weekend from a person who will grow to despise you.

There is an interview with Lemmy from Motorhead where he says he doesn’t let guys with girlfriends in the band because they fuck everything up.

agreed.

you are literally at the very last moments in your life where what you are considering wont be a horrible mistake. Time is running out and so you should not wait if you are going to do it.

realize in advance that it will be harder for you to graduate than it would have been if you'd done it younger and that you are not going to realize a financial benefit from your college degree until your mid to late thirties. But if you do it at least you are much more likely to die proud of yourself.

This. Also, your mid 30's contrary to intuitive belief are your BEST years. It is when you peak as a male.

>therationalmale.com/2012/06/12/smv-in-girl-world/