I told people in the party that i major in Physics because i want to know how nature works and understand the universe...

i told people in the party that i major in Physics because i want to know how nature works and understand the universe at the fundamental level and then everybody laugh at me.

What went wrong?
What should i do?

Too poetic. Just tell people you are studying Physics. If anyone asks you why, you say that but in an ironic way (not ironizing your motive, but with an ironic comment).
Only autists will say what you said with a straight face.

Analyse your surroundings and talk about relevant stuff.

On brainlet parties you talk about gossips or some shit, I don't know.

They were laughing at you because if you want to understand the universe at a fundamental level you should have studied Math instead of becoming a stamp collector

Because you won't learn any of that even with a phd

He said physics, not chemistry

>What went wrong?
your choice of company
>What should i do?
discard them

Step 1: Be socially awkward and never actually talk to anyone
Step 2: Never get invited to any party, or even get asked questions

If you need help about step one just ask.

it's not what you said, but who you are, who they are, the situation, and the way you said it

you probably sperged and stuttered and and were just splurging it out uninvited

You should have said you like hot bitches and fast cars. Even if you actually don't, you will become instantly popular. It's just that easy.

>at a party
>talking about things deeper than which girls you have fucked and which girls you want to fuck in the future

You are retarded. That kind of talk is meant to happen with a group of close friend at a coffee shop or a gathering, not with a bunch of strangers at a party. (Party=place where you go to find drunk women you can have sex with without it being technically rape)

So yeah, that is what was happening. Everyone was trying to get girls drunk to fuck them and out of nowhere comes your "muh dreams" bullshit. If you talking about your goals and motivations could get girls drunk then sure, talk all you want. But I don't think you can do that.

This
OP is a brainlet

OP, every time I try explaining my science major people are ignorant about it. Just say it interests you to avoid losing all faith in humanity.

It's because most people are legit retarded nowadays and can't comprehend anything deeper than facebook and tv shows

>socializing with brainlets
Didn't your mum tell you not to hang around trash? They can rub off you and turn you into a brainlet or worse, a redditor.

Engineering majors are hard to explain to normies because they think you are a mechanic or electrician.

>because i want to know how nature works and understand the universe at the fundamental level and then everybody laugh at me
They've instantly associated you with the Sheldon types when they've heard this. You should of said you study physics bc its the only thing you really found challenging in hs, regardless of if that's true people think oh fuck this guy's smart

Yeah, I hear they understand engineering majors better if you're at one of those parties where they have rainbow shit everywhere.

Intellectual curiosity annoys normies.
You should have learned this in grade school come on man

>a conception of a party this androcentric
Women are people too who also go to parties and have fun. It sounds like you are trying to recreate high school parties you never were invited to, but overheard your peers talking about.

Everyone at that party was a math major.

>studying something to gain approval from normgroids
fuck off to reddit my nigger

>Women are people too
No they are not!

you did nothing wrong

they were wrong

you should grab a gun and show them how wrong they are, but BE CAREFUL: shooting people is only okay if you're also yelling about the fundamental laws of the universe that allow your gun to exist and operate, otherwise you'll get a C on your applied physics exam

Ugh, this so much.
Be me, EE.
>user, what're you doing
>EE
>oh, my nephew is an electrician too!

>What should I do?
You shouldn't care.