I recently made a DNA test...

I recently made a DNA test. My father was from Sierra Leone and I found out something quite extraordinary: from his side of the family I had approximately 1% Papuan and 1% Native American from the Amazon. As we all know, these were not places from which people travelled to other countries or continents. How on earth could a Papuan from Oceania or an Amazonian from South America end up in Africa? These were all countries that were visited by the Portuguese who had slaves, right? Yet I'm not aware from which countries they had slaves from. I hope this will spark some interesting conversation. Thank you.

genetic testing isnt 100% accurate

the complete reverse of what you're proposing has happened

I know, but coincidentally (?) all of these countries (Sierra Leone, South America, Papua-New-Guinea) were places from which the Portuguese took the natives and enslaved them, transporting them to the New World. If Portugal didn't have any sort of history with one (or any) of these countries, I'd brush this off as just statistical noise as well. But the fact that Portugal enslaved people from every single one of these countries and transported them to the Americas. Plus, the Sierra Leone Creole people were descendants of American and other African slaves who were transported into the country between the late 1700s and the late 1800s. I'm approximately 1% Papuan and 1% Amazonian which means that they were my ancestors from the late 1800s, implying that perhaps they were ex-slaves that were transported to Sierra Leone and having children with the local people? This is very interesting. If the test had shown me to have Papuan or Amazonian blood from the 1900s, I would've taken this with a grain of salt. But everything here connects with each other (all countries were places where the Portuguese took slaves from, in Sierra Leone the Creole people/ex-slaves landed into their new home country in West Africa in the 1800s, my Papuan/Amazonian ancestors were from the 1800s).

Oh right, and the DNA test showed me to have about 25% of uncharted West African blood. Guinea-Bissau was a part of Portugal for a long time.

You're looking for patterns in randomness. A very human activity.

>My father was from Sierra Leone
>from his side of the family I had approximately 1% Papuan and 1% Native American from the Amazon
shit genes desu

/Thread

nigger

Lol, I know.

Well, I study Law at one of the most renown and hard-to-get universities in whole Europe. What do you do?

>Well, I study Law at one of the most renown and hard-to-get universities in whole Europe. What do you do?
Physics at UofT in Canada, nigger.

>seriously bragging about studying Physics and being Canadian

300 feet starting.
Any rooftop you want :D

none stem :V

It can be. The tools, methods, and pool of data just need to be refined and expanded.

Post more jungle ladies

You need to understand how genetic testing is working. What essentially is happening, companies will sequence part of your DNA that codes for proteins. Protein-coding DNA tend to be more or less stable across population with a few variations that tend to accumulated across isolated sub populations. So what DNA companies test is whether you have mutations in your DNA that prevalent in certain race/ethnicity. It does not mean that they account for all occuring prevalent variations and variations common to other races can happen specifically in your family line. Plus during sequencing itself, there is a chance that nucleotide in a chain would be called incorrectly, giving a wrong result. Usually it can be averted by sequencing sample over and over again, but this companies do not want to spend additional money on that.

VoilĂ . ;)

Yep. Thankfully the company I got the DNA test from is a company which will allegedly make even more accurate estimates in the future and I don't even have to pay any extra. Can't wait!

>giving samples to the DNA jew

>Lol, I know.
Being insecure about your race on Veeky Forums is fucking pathetic, but what do I know, this is probably some heavily veiled /pol/ thread.

>300 feet starting.
>Any rooftop you want :D

ebin :-DD

Little known secret is that the European powers led forced displacement campaigns. Theres a tribe in india that is said not to be indian but native american. Since the time of Rome we've been an evidence based society. He may be descended of mestizos and experienced crop farmers (were used to introduce crops).