twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The speed of light is constant in all reference frames *drops mic*

"trivially"

*mental atom bomb*

"left as an exercise to the reader"

or
>Proof: see X.XX in the exercise section

"A mitochondrion cannot be a meter in length!"

"It is well known that heavy objects sink (An anchor, cannonball, your girlfriend, etc.) (...)"

Mathematicians need to be stopped

Hahahahahaha why

is this real?

Pls tell me this is fake.

This page left intentionally blank

kek

Weird or unusual images in your brain help remembering complicated stuff.

As if a hair covered ball isn't weird enough.

Doggos are cuter than balls though. Also note that the common german name for the hairy ball theorem is "Satz vom Igel", which could be translated to "hedgehog theorem". If you try to comb an hedgehog, you will always get a bald spot.

I won't believe it until I see someone try to actually comb a hedgehog

>better known for other work

They apparently change their geometry when touched while in ball-mode...

youtube.com/watch?v=NbzOkaCsQRc

what the actual fuck that's not even cute

Is this the epitome of those huge brain memes

"Of three ordinary people, two must have the same sex." D. J. KLEITMAN, quoted in the book Ramsey Theory

Woah dude

that's pretty cisnormative

"THE PAIN IN MY HEAD IS THE FUSION OF EGG AND SPERM, BUT IT ONLY TAKES A FATHER TO MAKE A BABY, THEN THE WORLD ENDS." took a psych elective over the summer and this a direct quote from the book (i think it was in all caps as i posted)

>Implies mathematics can discover universal structures outside our own universe

LAUGHING OUT LOUD

D A N K

Dan Fullerton also uses the frog in one of his videos. It's probably very real

Physics can't either.
Here's a fun one, if mathematics can't do it, neither can physics, since physics is literally just applied mathematics. No, you playing with legos is not physics, you autistic mouthbreather.

> "The people, unlike the land, were fertile..."

US history book from high school.

Fuck this fuck
I am mad

When an author does that he is basically saying: Here, my child. I have trained you well. I know trust you in being able to alone re-discover one of the important theorems in mathematical history so that you too can feel like the mathematician you will one day be.

When an author does that you should put your hand on your heart and sign the national anthem while crying as you can feel the author giving you the trust, space and respect your dad never gave you.

Wait, I mean my dad. Hopefully your dad also didn't love you.

I've got two of them

Amazing

My dad left me as an exercise to my mother.

kek, good post homie

I dislike this because I study math mostly alone and so it's hard for me to tell if I made or not a mistake in a proof.

was resolving singularities part of your plan?

Fuck that's even worse. But pretty funny post my main man.

What is keeping you away from getting a rigorous mathematical education? The only way you can become good at spotting problems in a proof is by getting shit at by a 60 year old professor who has been writing proofs for more than 4 decades and now expects you to in the few weeks he has been giving you the material to learn to write as rigorously as him.

> "We got an Hulk"

>Cells can't be more than a few micrometers in size
My first bio textbook was full of oversimplified and flat out wrong shit like this.

>the proof is left to you as an excersize

Can you arrange a threesome so that it fulfills all of the following requiremets:
1. No person is homosexual.
2. No person condones the degeneracy of homosexuality.
3. No person gets cucked.

>I am a pretty big person for someone as yourself

Was being apprehended a premeditated action on your part?

>tfw working on the perfect threesome proof right now
FUG.

Spitroast a woman with a curtain over her midsection.
One blowjob, one penetration, neither male can see the other because of the curtain.
None of the three people are in any kind of serious relationship with any of the others

100% gay free, 100% cuck free

>BUT IT ONLY TAKES A FATHER TO MAKE A BABY, THEN THE WORLD ENDS
What did they mean by this?

Expanding this figure, WITH NO SURVIVORS!

it's still consistent with the special snowflake distinction between biological sex and muh feels gender

A while ago but I believe the quote is

"showing a blithe disregard for the arrangement of parentheses. "

- Spivak's calculus

I don't know Spivak but he seems like a cool guy

Proof: Think

more authors ought to taunt their readers like this

Like the russians that leave all the proofs as an excercise for the reader

>But where did the frog — Dat Boi himself — originate? Not in AP Physics 1 Essentials, its author, Dan Fullerton, told me over the phone: “I was working on a problem about rotation. I thought the art was interesting, and so I made the problem about that.” Fullerton, who teaches high school physics, said he would ask his students about Dat Boi.
nymag.com/selectall/2016/05/dat-boi-frog-unicycle-3d-animation.html

Not everything in math will tell you the behavior of things in the real world. Say if you graph a sine wave, it will model the amplitude motion of the wave and other properties, but it still won't tell you things like what kind of a wave it is. The wave could be longitudinal or it could be transverse, and math wouldn't tell you that. There's a reason that they're separate disciplines. Math uses symbols to represent the logic and patterns behind everything but physics deals with the world directly. Physics isn't just applied math. It uses math to prove ideas and express things but it's a lot more than that

>physics deals with the world directly
you're trying to say something correct but failing terribly

It's teasing to get you to look up the exercise

The author wrote a series of book about the main domain of physics, undergrad/graduate level (Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Relativity, Thermodynamics, Quantum physics)

Every chapter he shills his other books, it's frustrating

Two words
Lagrangian mechanics

Eisenbud&Harris?

My national anthem has no text. What to do?

nice

Give independence to Catalonia

Best post on this board right now.

Ježek sám sobě kadeřav.

Kráva zajíce nedohoní

Source?

Kek

Physics is basically a pairing of observable quantities with symbols in equations. It will tell you what type of wave it is if you wrote down field equations for example.

Not Veeky Forums related but anyways

I don't get it

He is citing both a famous Calculus textbook and some foreign book on basic algebra and geometry. Obviously one is much more advanced than the other.

>What is keeping you away from getting a rigorous mathematical education? The only way you can become good at spotting problems in a proof is by getting shit at by a 60 year old professor who has been writing proofs for more than 4 decades and now expects you to in the few weeks he has been giving you the material to learn to write as rigorously as him.

Because I live in a small city in Brazil and the closest to a decent math course that I could get was Software Engineering and all my teachers almost don't care for proofs.

>EGA by Grothendieck
>just some foreign book on geometry

damn, pretty nice quote

Anyone else hold their breath while they read that?

Revision:
"If 4 men are fucking a woman, then two dicks must go in the same hole"

What about the earholes?

I was including both ear holes and the anus hole.

>rpms

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT THAT'S FUCKING WRONG YOU FUCKING FAGGOT NIGGER SPIC

This would have been funnier without the bane.

Lol, why dont you try Computer Science, everything related to graphs, finite automatas and etc would require some proof. It's very fun.
Also, what's your uni?
(Federal ou particular, eu sei q vc é br)

kek