What's the fucking point?

forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2016/12/05/the-highest-paid-youtube-stars-2016-pewdiepie-remains-no-1-with-15-million/#751b4a167713

In 2015 this faggot made $15 million USD playing videogames.

Why do I bust my ass in college?

What's the fucking point of studying STEM in this society that glorifies mediocrity and looks down on hard work and merit?

Non-meme replies pls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PSJjs4l_FHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Live and let live.

because your need for toys and nice things permeates your every waking second

He realized there was a market of 12 year olds and man children that would watch him be bad at games at be a faggot in general. If you had realized this, you could have been him instead. Stop bitching and find the next minecraft/YouTube/pewdiepie and use it

Supply vs. demand, user. The demand for gaming youtubers is met a thousand times over by the supply, but the demand for people with useful STEM knowledge is not.

Good

Society SHOULD look down on being a wageslave

Implying it's good to go into a career just for the money.

i hope you fucking die

He sounds like a savvy guy, get gud dude

It's not that simple. He is a great entertainer. It is real hard work profession. Try it out.. You'll notice how demanding it is. It's like trying to keep yourself warm on a tundra by maintaining a campfire.

I was about to eat but your saltiness made my food uneatable

He's an exception not a rule. Even if you threw everything away and started livestreaming games, you still wouldn't make as much money as him.

t. PDP

something something evolutionary psychology something something tribalism something something you compare yourself to entities you have no business comparing yourself to simply because you're aware of them

because you are not good looking or charming or funny

How often in your life you are telling a story and more than 10 people are listening?

>What's the fucking point of studying STEM
Desire to know and learn. You should probably quit right now if you're just a brainlet in it for the money.

>Why do I bust my ass in college?
because you probably rolled a ZERO on charisma and maybe, just maybe, rolled a 4 on intelligence.

Cases like this are lightning in a bottle. Arts/entertainment is a significantly less stable field that takes a lot of luck. STEM is more stable if you're willing to put in the work.

/thread

>why do I have to contribute to the economy when other people make money entertaining people! wahhhh wahhhhhh

Because you're not entertaining.

youtube.com/watch?v=PSJjs4l_FHU

>What's the fucking point of studying STEM

I f you're asking that, you shouldn't be in STEM. You pick STEM because you're interested. You could make make far more money in the business world. I mean sure, you could be an engineer or CEO in the oil industry and make millions, but STEM is mostly long hours for little monetary value. Most people do it because they want to discover or work on solutions, the money is just a vehicle to allow them to do that. Don't go into STEM is your only goal is making money, you can make far more in business or being a pseudo-scientist and scamming people.

I don't want to be some gaming faggot contributing to the decay of society.

>money
Way to miss the point fucktards.
I don't give a shit about the money.
It's about the future of society.
There was a time when being in STEM, contributing to the development of mankind, was considered a moral highground, the bechmark every man should aspire to.

It's the reason Einstein, Edison, Von Braun, were nearly celebrities in their time.

Now modern society glamorizes this brain dead behaviour while hard work is looked down upon. The fact that you all thought I give a rat's arse about money, is sympthomatic of everything that's wrong with modern civilization.

>being a pseudo-scientist and scamming people.
Maybe I should... give up and embrace the cold nihilism of modern "society" and watch as it all slides down into Idiocracy-style Hell. There is no incenctive in being one of the few that keeps society running when nobody else cares.

wew... you are going to die yourself from that venom lad. Grow up.

Never heard of the fucking cuck e-celebrity. Sometimes being 37 has it's advantages.

Because it's extremely unlikely to get big on YouTube and pewdiepie is an even weirder case. Some people get the lottery, that doesn't mean you should give everything else because of that.

That guy is a beggar compared to the poorest Wall Street finance guys. Much of that banker shit is smoke and mirrors, value transference, and parasitism of no value to society, yet it's worth hundreds of millions and billions.

At least set your object of derision up a bit higher than an e-celeb outlier.

Your old. No one care about your opinon.

>What's the fucking point of studying STEM in this society that glorifies mediocrity and looks down on hard work and merit?
>Now modern society glamorizes this brain dead behaviour while hard work is looked down upon.
Ah, so it's not about the money, it's about the fame and glamor. Dude, even if society glamorized scientists (which it basically does as long as we're talking about popsci TV celeb normies like Niel degrasse Tyson), what makes you think you'd be worthy of note?

stop caring about money you dumbfuck

Fuck you millennial trash - my generation (and older) is anti-degenerate and we run the world.

One person accidentally btfo of one media source and you think you can do the same??

This.

That idiot isn't going to save his money. It's going to evaporate on the dumb shit he will spend it on.

He isn't the problem with society.

>Why do I bust my ass in college?
Because you lack charisma.
Entertainers all make shitloads upon shitloads of money just for being able to make some quips other people wrote in 20 minute segments.

You will never make as much money as them no matter how smart you become. That's just an unfortunate fact.

Surprised nobody is crying about the fact that Jordan Peterson's Patreon "only" makes him $30k a month while this little punk leaves him BTFO.

That's not true. There is some quality in these people that is not replicable in others. Their personalities are so likeable that they can make money portraying some character they have chosen to accentuate. Its not about quips, its something much more.

Who the fuck is jordan peterson?

Some fucking Leaf self help psychologist popular with the /pol/ set for his fight against shit like gender neutral pronouns in academia. He's born in early 60s and it's amazing he makes 30k a month given he relative obscurity.

So you can get a better job and earn more than the average goy. Are you only studying your degree for glory?

>What's the fucking point of science?
If you're unironically asking yourself that because you wont become a millionaire out of inventing things, you're fucking retarded and should drop out asap

But to answer your question (from a money point of view), it's because you went with the herd. The market works in a very assholish way by guaranteeing that the concept of a "rich person" will always remain rare and restricted to a small percentage of the population because that's what it exactly means - a person who has more money than the rest of the 90%. If everyone became rich the universe would break, because such a thing cannot happen even under communism - there will always be wealth/power/resource inequality between people.

So the market goes out of its way (sometimes even becoming quite illogical with illogical demands) to ensure that there isn't a golden "just graduate this and become a millionaire lol" rule to acquiring wealth. If there was, everyone would do it, and if everyone did it the market would be over-over-saturated with such people, greatly diminishing their average profitability. That was the case of lawyers 30 years ago and is currently the case with compsci - people saw money, went in with the herd and saturated the market to bare profitability. When such a thing happens the market does a 180 and promotes the illogical stuff that no one would ever think of doing for money instead - youtube and streaming in this case, singing songs and acting in front of cameras in some other cases in the past, and most likely playing games competitively in the future.

>tl;dr - if the average joe starts graduating in your profession, it's probably time to think of an alternative

Yes, that aspect is called charisma.

Charisma isn't that kinda suave smooth-talker you knew in college. Real charisma is this ability to create an entire alternate persona to present and entertain others.

>a "rich person" will always remain rare and restricted to a small percentage of the population because that's what it exactly means - a person who has more money than the rest of the 90%
This exactly

OP even if you are a poor welfare queen, you live with luxuries King Henry VIII could have only dreamt of, no matter how many gold bars he offered to get them

Once you realize this you will be a much more satisfied person, and your life will be way easier. Then you can devote your life to science without worrying.

I agree. Quality post

If you want money there are specific things that you have to do to get. It's not just about studying and getting a nice job. If you are so smart to be STEM you should have figured this out.

I dont think you really appreciate how honest "charisma" has to be to create an effect on millions of people.

I think you just have a very weak standard of charisma

Einstein will be remembered far, far longer than PewDiePie. He makes a bunch if money off little children (which is a high value market) dont overblow his status

>the demand for people with useful STEM knowledge is not.
boy will you get disillusioned when you need to go job hunting

It would probably be easier if I had a massive distribution network to broadcast my story across.