Hear me out on this:

Hear me out on this:

If it feels so real in our dreams - is what makes us conscious in reality active in our dreams?

In other words - are dreams in a certain sense 'real' ?

I think I'm convinced that dreams are another form of a real reality, and in the future that will be a theory that'll eve tally be proven and will be a part of education discourse.

If you subscribe to solipism, sure.
But the fact I know I'm not so retarded to give this the actual thought to reply to I know you're a real person far away from me, so that can't be the case.

I think you're just dumb.

Look into qualia.

>I'm too stupid to think in a three dimensional perspective

Ok, thanks for the bump.

Bottom line is that if our dreams feel real, that's because there has to be a reason for it.

What makes us perceive our current base reality has got to be activated while we dream, and if that's the case then there's no difference in a certain type of way

This is ripe for a guy smarter than me to make a theory that'll land him a Nobel Peace Prize. Believe it.

Furthermore, how I can recall my dreams as vividly as I do with my base reality real memories is too intense to ignore.

Like, my dream memories are lumped in sith my real memories in the same sense of authenticity

Holy fuck this.
I'm not interested in whether dreams are "real" though. I just want to live in a dream because everything is much more intense and full compared to real life.

here's some more food for thought, user

we dream every night, but unless we specifically remember our dreams the next morning, its as if there's a gap in our consciousness, like something never happened.

now, why isn't there a gap in your consciousness right now? unless there is some time after our life in which we can remember our own life

Dreams don't feel real, it's just that when you're in them you become numb to the feeling of unreality.

why will sci let this person post about dreams
but I can't post about cryptology?

>now, why isn't there a gap in your consciousness right now?
But there is. We have gaps in consciousness, or rather the memory of consciousness, all the time while we are awake. Just as with not remembering all our dreams, we don't remember all our reality.
Unless you're that one autistic guy who draws cityscapes from memory.

Perception =! Reality

>=!

when you're conscious, you're constantly receiving external/objective input. dreams are internal/subjective recreations and amalgamations of recorded input. depends if you consider strictly subjective experience reality.

those gaps in consciousness are still recorded in memory. it's just that they don't meet a threshold of response necessary to create a thorough record and don't get pathways for active recall. we don't remember dreams because we're just recreating existing information. also we're not conscious and it's not being recorded.

Bump

>I'm so stupid I don't understand what a hallucination is

>Im so stupid that I actually believe society understands dreams

This is no new idea. It's just unfalsifiable. Read books, kiddo.

As someone who dreams a lot, you need a certain self-control in order to remember and do whatever you want in them.

Some years ago someone posted the best way to lucid dream on /x/, and it's worked amazingly well for me.

When you go on your bed to sleep, keep yourself aware and awake as much as you can, note that you should feel the need of sleeping between that time. Once you start drifting, and get inside your dreams, start spinning on yourself to keep your brain busy from waking you up. After that, you have full authority on your dream, you can go anywhere, use any powers you feel like, and do whatever you want.

When the dream feels real, that's your brain working on everything to make you feel like it's real. There's many factor that will tell you that this is just a dream, like voices aren't right, things aren't the way they should be, you're in another place, weird shit happening, ect. In the end, whether they are 100% real to you or not, you can conclude you are dreaming and having a nice experience

some people claim they can see in the future with their dreams, or go to places they never been to, but that ultimately falls into /x/ tier category. I personally had this happen to me on several occasions, but there's no real scientific way to explain it apart from some sort of loophole in the universe

Ultimately, dreaming allow you to experiment things you wouldn't in real life. You can fly, you can create alternate realities, you can do anything you want. The best way to develop your ability to dream is to keep a dream journal and follow guides in order to have a successful dreaming session

If you can't dream, have nightmares or can't sleep, try changing something in your daily routine that can fuck with the way you sleep

>I'm so stupid I think I'm entering alternate fucking dimensions and not tripping on some locally-produced chemicals

I remember that back in one of my longest periods of loneliness I dreamed that I met a girl and this dream felt completely real to me. She was the perfect girl for me. She was cute, smart and entertaining. She also had pink hair because I was an animefag. But the best trait she had is that unlike all the girls I had met before, this girl actually liked me back. This was in the summer so I could sleep all night long and even some extra so this was a long dream. We met, fell in love, dated and even went through some minor couple drama. But we pushed through everything. The dream went on like this until one day, in the dream, I woke up. I woke up happy thinking about what will I do today with my qt gf. I took a shower, brushed my teeth to get ready to go out when a crushing feeling strikes me. For some reason my memories of her were very blurry and as time went on, they felt more and more unreal. Then it hit me. She was a dream, and I had actually woken up in real life. I had no gf, nothing to do and no reason to be getting ready to go out. I NEVER GO OUT. So there I sat depressed, having been fooled by myself.

The depression that ensued was chronic, which you can tell because even though we tend to forget our dreams in like 10 minutes, I still remember everything 2 years after the fact.

If you say our dreams are real, why are my dreams not real?

Reality should be defined to be constant with respect to human perception.

What makes us perceive our "base reality" are our senses. You see, hear, touch, taste and smell the physical world around you. When your body senses something, I.e. light hitting your retinas or sound waves moving the hairs in your ears, then a signal is sent through your nerves from that part of the body to the brain, and the brain processes it into information. Your perception of the world is that information which you take in. When you dream, your brain is basically just imagining that it's receiving these signals. It's a recreation if the real world, which is why dreams aren't quite complete because your brain isn't going to process everything perfectly, or care enough to I suppose. Dreams are a bit more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it. There's no alternate reality.

Isn't that gap based on awareness? If your aware in your dreams, your body responds to a certain degree, if your not aware and flowing with the dream, it merely fades out of existence.