You wasted thousands of hours on video games

>you wasted thousands of hours on video games
>you will never be patrician due to this inherent disadvantage

STOP FUCKING POSTING THESE THREADS I SWEAR TO GOD THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS PATRICIAN JUST LMAO IF YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE SOMEHOW BETTER AT ANYTHING WHILST READING BOOKS LIKE SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS AND LISTS TO FILL OUT JUST LIKE SOME FLAG COLLECTION QUEST IN A FUCKING VIDEOGAME GUESS WHAT YOU DONT GET AN ACHIEVEMENT FOR THAT SHIT YOU HAVE TO READ THOSE BOOKS REAL HARD AND ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT THEM BOOKS AND ONCE YOU HAVE THOUGHT ENOUGH YOU SAY NOT ENOUGH AND READ THEM AGAIN BECAUSE ONCE IN AWHILE YOU REALISE THAT IT IS SOMETHING TO BE UNDERSTOOD NOT JUST PROCESSED BY THE BRAIN THERE ARE NO IDEAL BOOK READING CIRCUMSTANCES IT IS ALL JUST AIR IN YOUR HEAD SAWDUST IN YOUR HEAD AS WELL SINCE YOU MADE THIS THERAD AGAIEN AND FUCK FUCK YOU AND YOUR MOTHER WHICH I FUCKED COINCIDENTALLY ALSO FUCK YOU YOU YOU YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAAND ANYTHING AT ALL ITS LIKE YOU DONT WANT TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING AND MY WORDS WILL BECOME YOUR UNDOING AS YOU UDNERSTAND THAT THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN CHANGE AND THAT YOUR GENETIC DESTINITY HAS ALREADY MADE IT SO THAT YOU ARE A LAZY MEDIOCRE SLOB THAT HAS IMAGINARY PERFECT CONDITIONS OF THE WORLD TO BE MET AND SOME SORT OF AN IDEAL IN YOUR AIRY HEAD AND I HATE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR

wew

lookie here boys, we got a GAMER

What if I stopped playing video games and all I do now is basically work and read/write? Is there still hope for me?

Sometimes i think
There is one empty place in everyones soul
And it can be occupied by games and hentai/doujins
Or by enlightement
Mine is filled with games and hentai/doujins
Anyone else /faust/?

Its a nice fantasy to believe the only thing between you and a top patrician is how much time they spent dedicated to their work but the truth is many of them didn't.
People like Melville were hard workers who had little access to a tremendous amount of books much less the time to read them all.
What set people like him apart is a genius eye, that he took more valuable insights from a shorter amount of time discussing and reading than many people could from a hundred years of hard study.

If you're not happy with where you are right now, blaming it on how dedicated you have been is a flimsy excuse.

there is always hope, but I don't know about chance

I stopped playing video games when I was 15

aren't you a mature one

That's nothing! I stopped playing video games before my grandfather was born!

People can be talented enough to write great works while not having dedicated alot of time on literature, while others dedicate their entire life to it and never seem to make anything worthwhile.

It depends on the person, giving up just because you've wasted your time in the past is even weaker than never trying at all.

I was gonna play a game for the first time in several years, but it's too damn big! I can't download 40 fucking gigabytes. I guess even single player games are for people with good internet. I guess I'll have to read a fucking book.

What shithole do you live in where you don't have broadband for dirt cheap?

I think Pong is less than a megabyte.

Thank I'll try that.

My friend, is your family patrician? If so, you can redeem yourself.
If not, with lots of hard work, you can become refined and cultured enough to marry into a patrician family.

You cannot become patrician simply by your actions.

Better to spend all this time by playing videogames than masturbation, like me.

>hurr I have to give up video games to be a good reader
Just don't let it consume all of your time you psued

>He doesn't read papyrus scrolls

Typical plebs...

tfw you will never stand in front of the temple of Mars Ultor waiting for your client to come to start your legal case. Why even live?

That's because video games are more fun than books if you know what you're doing

Even though you wasted all that time, you can easily use modern technology to eliminate the deficit.
Just listen to audio books when you lift, drive and work

I'm more patrician than you and I still play Heroes of the Storm.

Also:

>Romans

That's how I know you're a plebeian. The Greeks are patrician, not the Romans.

t. roach

yeah im sure listening to ulysses is a great idea
audibooks are useless when it comes to serious literature

>Heroes of the Storm.

what a fucking pleb

Disgusting

Britbong, actually.

>what a fucking pleb

I bet he plays DOTA. Point and laugh.

Jokes on you, fag. I stopped playing video games when I was 14. But I did habitually play smash bros with my roommates in college.

>But I did habitually play smash bros with my roommates in college.

*translating*

>But I did habitually smash my bros (roommates) in college

While there is plenty of literature that isn't suitable to consume in the audiobook format, audiobooks are really good for non-fiction.
Which you might be reading to be appreciate a period piece.

I started playing video games again. I see nothing wrong with wasting time on simple activities.

@8904917
filtered

wait a minute isn't browsing Veeky Forums almost as much of a time sink as video games? I bet you all have at least some hobbies that don't lead to self improvement. why do we care about self improvement anyway, are you all protestants?

Holy..

tripfags can fuck off my thread

>playing any ASSFAGGOTS