What do ya'll niggas do wen u see a word you dunno?

What do ya'll niggas do wen u see a word you dunno?

It's funny to pretend to be a black guy on Veeky Forums

I say, no no no no, I see a word I don't know, I'm tired of seeing words I don't know

No thank you please, please no more words I can't read, and then I throw the book down on the floor

yes
anyway please answer the question im curious
ive been googling words left and right and its slowing me down and getting exhausting. is this the best way to go or the worst?
nigga

write it down on a piece of paper and burn it.

i know i shouldnt have phrased it as a shitpost but cmon guys

This barely ever happens to me anymore. The answer is you keep learning new words and it will slowly become less of an issue

I keep reading like I understood it.

I'm not joking. I see it as an offering to the word gods. It's a very spiritual experience.

This kinda. Context gives you the definition 7/10 times.

If you can get a gloss from context, maybe just write it down and look it up later if you're still curious. The context may be more important than the dictionary definition anyway. If it's making the text impenetrable, look it up as you go along, but also keep in mind that the reading may be beyond your level if you're doing that for every other word.

My vocab is improving, but the book I'm reading rn is very long and chock full of em, making it kind of a chore.

Samefagging because this is the best way to handle such a situation. That's also how I learn foreign languages.

Build a basic vocabulary and work your way up from there, using context to learn the new words. I learned English and German this way without taking formal lessons.

I feel bad for autists who need to look up words. Reading posts about plebs not being able to read books because dey dun no dem words makes my heart ache.

Easily derive its meaning from the context

underrated

I type the word into my computer and get the definition.

I DAB ON EM xDD
Am I doing it right, my fellow African-American?

I look it up on Wiktionary and then copy it and the definition into the Evernote note I have for the book I'm reading. Also use google to find entries in other dictionaries because wiktionary doesn't always have enough inflections.

Here's some from my recent reading:

>habitué - One who frequents a place; a denizen or regular
>sang-froid - n. Coolness and composure, especially in trying circumstances.
>strand - the land bordering a body of water; a beach
>repast - n. A meal or the food eaten or provided at a meal; to eat or feast
>ironshod - shod, cased, or tipped with iron or steel
>demur - objection, hesitation
>euphonious - pleasant in sound; agreeable to the ear

I use pieces of blank card stock for book marks and I write down unfamiliar words or ideas to look up later on them. Works well for me and doesn't slow me down.

You're monolingual, aren't you? Stakkars barn.

I just guess at what it means from the context and what other words it's similar to.

What u reading man

laughed like an idiot in public. Thanks m8

I keep reading and hope I get it from context clues. If not I still keep reading and pretend it was never there so I don't have to admit I'm dumb.

the amazing adventures of kavalier and clay

I immediately close the book and fire it in a rocket to the sun

Yes, I only speak English. Should I bother learning another language? Which one? I've never found a need for another.

ignore it and pretend it never happened

I have a phone with a dictionary app.

I usually only use it when context can't help. Like

>"And John was of course very precifiteicious in his cabileriroomerity"