The only meaning of life is to seek immortality

The only meaning of life is to seek immortality.
Proove me wrong.

But what will you do once you find it?

If the only meaning of life is becoming immortal, what do you do once you get your infinite lifespan?

make up for a wasted life

me immortal man do highlander shit like chopping off heads and shit, you moron. How radical would this change the world? Fuck you slowly would become an internet on it's own. No fucking worries ever. Just fuck you okay

Who knows, we in this current "form" can not understand what we will become when we reach the immortality. We will probably completely change mentally. Since we will have time to learn and understand everything,stop killing each other for personal gain , we will probably be totally different beings , trancend the current primitive view of our existence. When we reach immortality we will , after some time, probably know what to do next. Maybe we discover how to create new universe. I mean we are talking about infinite time to learn stuff , so why not becoming "god"?

Immortality sounds boring.

because your current life is empty and boring
I pitty you

My life is pretty great but you are laughably short sighted when thinking about immortality. What will you do after the heat death of the universe? Eternally float around in space continually suffering from radiation? No thanks.

If there's something to do after becoming immortal, then immortality isn't the only meaning.

deriving an ought from an is

So why do you want this thing that cannot be understood, as opposed to death, which is also a bit mysterious?

>When we reach immortality we will , after some time, probably know what to do next
The only meaning of life is to end immortality.

If we seek a cosmic purpose, we need a worthy goal.

I'm currently studying to help contribute to anti-aging science. But, Immortality is not the goal or meaning of life. It is merely the first step to a higher existence.

Killing people becomes natural because its the only way they die

that or disease

or supernova

Immortality is the death of novelty

I hate myself and want to die. Checkmate, OP.

Life goes on with or without immortality. What immortality is really about is the hubris of the individuals espousing it. Why are you important enough to continue indefinitely?

Why does one need to prove they are worthy to continue indefinitely? Who are they proving themselves to?

Because you just claimed it's "the meaning of life." Presumably you have a good reason why you should be immortal.

I didn't, some other guy claimed it was.

I just want to be immortal because I like living.

The meaning of life is growth, not immortality. We are already immortal in a sense that the patterns that represent our existence can be replicated. Once dead, if you knew one's electromagnetic make up as well as their atomic structure, you could replicate them at will as if they never died.

We're not immortal because we're individually defined by the arrangements that form as a result of our experiences. And you do not know anyone's arrangement, because we have trillions of cells with who-the-fuck-knows how many atoms across the whole body

Basically shut up

Just remove your simian ADHD to not get bored of being immortal.

Start working towards an [math]\aleph_2[/math] lifespan

To seek immortality requires a conception of mortality, which much organismal life does not have.
The meaning of life is to interpret its external environment and react accordingly to stay alive.
The meaning of life is to live, to live is to interpret semiotic meaning

allahu akbar
72 virgins here I come

You are closed.

The real goal of life is Transhumanism.
We must become Gods, not only achieving the singularity and immortality, but giving life to a new universe and trascending this plane itself.

"Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators the creator seeks--those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest."
Friedrich Nietzsche
"Thus Spoke Zarathustra"

>death
>mysterious
Jesus died and came back because it apparently was boring as fuck.

Jesus never died, he ascended.

Jesus was deported before he could ascend

Even if you are immortal you will die when the sun becomes a red giant, and engulfs earth, making you and everything youve ever done completely meaningless. Therefore, the meaning of life is to master interstellar travel. Theres lots of shit out there that will never be observed if we dont make the leap to the stars.

I remember some poster on Veeky Forums saying this a few months back and me replying that they would waste their life if they pursued it but didn't enjoy it while failing to extend their lifespan.

After pondering on it for some time, I now fully subscribe to this view that extending our lifespan is the only worthy goal, because natural death by ageing will inevitably erase every "goal" you had set out before. Preservation is the only way forward.

Thing is, ageing is a much more immediate threat to your life. If you plan on preserving yourself, the first hurdle you have to pass to even get as far as the Earth's destruction is to defeat ageing. Then it would be to defeat cancer, etc. Eventually, if by some miracle you made it that long, mastering interstellar travel would be one of the goals of preservation, yes.

I just want to punch you in the face because I would like to do it.

>activates servos to electronically tip robo-fedora grafted onto scalp

I can't prove you wrong because that's why self-replication (otherwise known as life) arose in the first place.

The method was imperfect, so we try to improve upon it.

WHY do molecules "want" to self-replicate? Anyone's guess. But the answer may be similar to the answer to the question of why there is such a thing as consciousness.

Don't let this board's simple-minded engineers fool you. These are not trivial questions.

Molecules don't want to self replicate. Self replication is a spontaneous order. Things which happen to replicate create replications that replicate. Things which do not replicate do not replicate. Simple as that, incredibly trivial.

They absolutely do. You are a know-nothing moron.

That's dumb. You're dumb.

>life is just self replication
Oh you poor thing. Try your luck next time sweetie

This guy is rightthink of it more like niche construction.
Life doesn't just self replicate it evolves, and mindfully interacts with its environment.

Interstellar travel should come first. You will have thousands of years floating through the abyss to figure other shit out. And at least if you make it to another star, there is a chance that something you did to the universe would have an impact (albeit tiny) the outlasts the sun. If the goal is simply some part of you lasting the longest amount of time possible, interstellar travel beats immortality even if you die during the journey.

Our experiences our stored as memories, and the brain can be replicated with the exact neurological make up you had at any point in time. We may not have the technological capabilities right now to scan any one person's arrangement, but it can certainly be done with the right equipment.

What? How do you think interstellar travel will be possible in the next 60 years? Because that's when ageing will kill you if you don't figure out how to bypass it. Immortality (biological) is a term referring to a condition achievable by countless medical interventions to prevent or cure diseases that would realistically kill you in your current or even slightly expanded lifetime. All of those diseases (including ageing) are very likely threats to your life, much more than the destruction of Earth.

I don't get what you mean. You won't make it to another star if you don't live long enough to have access to the technology that permits travel to said star.