What type of journal are you writing in daily, user?

what type of journal are you writing in daily, user?

w2c rad Veeky Forums approved journals

Other urls found in this thread:

fieldnotesbrand.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=rp2qBGbeITk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm that grown ass dude browsing Walmart's back to school sale elbowing kids and parents out of my way so I can horde up on all the notebooks with the neato cover designs.
I bought $30 worth of composition books I'm never going to use because I only write on perforated paper I can tear out neatly without ripping my whole goddamn life in half.
When it comes to serious writing I use legal pads.

I used to use moleskines but stopped as I took writing more seriously because they're too expensive and I just need paper. 95% of what I write ends up in a trash can anyways.
If you're just journaling I guess they're fine
Try rhodia

I use the A4 Ryman one that is basically a clone of the moleskine one for half the price

I use any fucking lined notepad, because there is this cool technology called computers that enable you to organise much more efficiently and neatly your writings. However, purists (impressionable young men) like the tradition of paper because they think it categorises them with writers of the past.

Hence why Moleskines are popular: young impressionable pseuds liken them to Hemingway and the like, giving their fantasy of a man of letters a $30 false authenticity.

I have an Muji Charcoal B5 Double Ring Notebook because my mom bought it for me and it's small enough to fit in my pockets, I can draw in it as there are no lines and my handwriting is tiny anyway.

>journal
Diary desu

Juat bought my first moleskine
What am I in for?

It's a packet of paper what the fuck do you mean "what am I in for"?

Did I like it?

>trying to dissuade people from physically writing things down

A composition book. Why write in anything more when this works fine for me?

I got a fucking Shinola notebook for Christmas and they're like $30 apiece. I'm afraid to write in it because I don't want the first page to be absolute shit

>tfw want to buy a journal (read: diary) so i can write every day, but i have pisspoor fine motor skills from nerve damage as a child and not only is my handwriting atrocious, but my hand starts hurting after a few minutes of writing

Way to misinterpret what I was saying, dingus.

leuchtturm
I can get them cheaper than moleskines and the dotted grid a5 notebooks are amazing.

I bind my own. It's easy, cheap, and you get to use whatever paper you want instead of shitty stuff.

Hmm...

Nobody cares what you were saying you dumbfuck

tumblr

I made my own :)

I don't use it as a journal but I write my poetry in an old hardcover notebook that my mom bought me years ago. On the cover it says, "Follow your heart and it will lead the way to your true spirit." I crossed out "your true spirit" and wrote in "disappointment."

You don't keep a notebook for to-do lists and memos and that sort of thing? Sometimes it's nice to waste money on frivolous things just because you can.

This is what I use as well, although I basically organize it as a bullet journal for school/health purposes. Would never keep track of my shit without it.

that's lovely, user

I'm a fan of the Kokuyo color pallete binders. I don't like bound journals, as sometimes I like to shift some sections into other things without having to tear a pages out, and I prefer to just write on a single sheet at a time, and then transfer it in as opposed to having a whole bunch of unnecessary pages.

I own a couple of moleskines, and a Mnemosyne, but I much prefer the flexibility of just having a binder and being able to choose my own paper that I put in it.

Only downside I can think of is if you're hand carrying daily, instead of in a bag. It's not as portable as a moleskine.

The University bookstore offers a collection of unruled, one-subject, 70 page, 7.75 x 5 journals for three dollars a piece. Each cover is demarcated with a famous Impressionist piece, Renoir's Luncheon of the Boating Party or Manet's A Bar at the Folies-Bergère or Monet's Water Lilies or any number of others unlisted here (these are just the most recent journals I have on-hand). Since my writing size is comparable to 9 pt. Arial script, I can write around one hour and thirty minute's worth of shortspaced, continuous notes before I complete a page, this meaning that I can fit nearabout a full lecture of notes onto a single page for quick reference. Generally I despise to have either A. two-thirds page of blank space on any one sheet of notes, or B. a disorganization of notes by their separation between multiple pages. In other words, I found that they are relatively cheap for the offered alternatives, last me an entire semester in all of my subjects (and any extemporaneous writing I might keep in the final few leaves of pages, working opposite of my lecture notes from back to front), are well made, and are pleasing to the eye.

I use one like this.
Less than a dollar.

I thought long and hard about getting a notebook, to collect my thoughts. In the same way as a typewriter a notebook for a writer, today, only stands as is, as a symbol of the Great long gone.

I collect them, now, in my phone or, when I write, on blank A4 paper with a basic pencil. Then use a paperclip or the like.

There is no need for fanciness. Even Baudelaire wrote his poems drunk on a napkin.

I use these, with lines.

Bought 6 or 7 of them at a discount in a Muji store. They're not too bulky, which I like, the lines have proper spacing and they're not too big. I'd fully recommend them.

Bump

Has anyone used Field Notes? Looks pretty good and cheaper than Moleskine. fieldnotesbrand.com/

im not a writer, but I use a rhodia no. 16 dotpad at work

i like the paper a lot and i think the price is reasonable (6$)

btw this piccy makes me feel like i have vertigo or something

What pen?

Got pic related as a gift a few years ago, started using it earlier this year as a journal and it's almost full.

I also use those 5x8.25 moleskin cahiers as commonplace books where I put random shit. Relatively cheap and not too fancy so I don't get precious with it.

> not just having a giant pile of pages scattered all over your desk

how does it feel to impose limits on your creativity?

rhizomatic organization of your creative work = genius

i use a caran d'ache ballpoint

i dont think it's necessarily good for sporadic note-taking, but w/e

>Pretending that you're a genius instead of a lazy fuck

A5 Maruman sept couleur with fountain pen (pelikan stola or pilot prera).

For some reason, I have a fondness for these. I buy them from supermarkets when they're on sale for fifty cents apiece. Sturdy enough for the price and good for rough drafts. I don't feel guilty for ripping out pages or not writing on both sides of the page.

Computers are for editing and final drafts.

i can never find these, the lie flat design is goat

>bullet journal
Pics pls

I like these because they're cheap and simple and plus I like the marble design, but I'm always accidentally tearing pages out because the binding/paper quality is so shit

>tfw you have an addiction to buying journals and pens and they're scattered everywhere in your house

So write for 30 seconds everyday in handwriting only you can read.

Europa notepads
Binder
2 lines of text per line
numbered pages with contents
rounded corners

pink/red ink for keywords
blue ink for the main body of text
green ink for meta-data/notes

highlighters & post-it notes go in the trash

400 page 90 gsm pukka refill pad

Word Processor

Writing in a free journal that I got at work one day.
How to save money, corporate style.

what type?

I used to keep a cheap schoolbook as a Bullet Journal but now I just use Workflowy

My handwriting is terrible so I wouldn't want to mark an expensive journal with it

Besides, the fancier journals I've owned haven't had enough room

thats what binders are for, you just rip out the pages you fucked up on

throw it away then

whatever you have to write there should be more important to you than $30, regardless of how messy it looks

I have a doc file because I'm poor

>I'm poor
Gross, keep that shit to yourself

Legal slates, and legal slates only. Filled with my musings on medieval philosophies.

be gone with you vile beggar!

in a thread full of people vying for the most "correct" answer, this is it

your a runner?

no mine is correct gtfo

Yes, indeed I am. And what brings you to this assertion, my dear friend?

Eh, it's a real mess desu, I'm not a 16 year old girl so I don't spend house making every page beautiful. I do monthly habit tracking for shit like studying, working out, and taking my meds, a month-a-page calendar to map upcoming events, and daily to-do lists for school, workouts, appointments, etc. Lots of grocery lists and accumulated school work checklists. Sometimes doodles and scribbled notes about books to read or things to look up. I've also used it for note taking with a class that required aggregation of knowledge from half a dozen tours, 10 hours of student presentations, a bunch of guest speakers, and a handful of articles; since I paginate and index everything, it was really helpful for tracking down info. I aced the class.

I'm a really anxious guy with a tendency toward unraveling if I don't keep lists. Writing this reminds me that it's about time I schedule an STD test. I'll forget about that if I don't write it down.

>it's time to schedule a STD test
but why

What does lit write with, though

my hands

>I'm not a 16 year old girl
>It's about time I schedule an STD test
Sure...

With a one dollar fountain pen from Tesco

That's really impressive! Lovely work!

Flip it over and write from the back. What you put there doesn't matter and it will make it easier for you to eventually write in the beginning of the notebook. Shinola? What is that?

How do I improve my handwriting ?

This, 0.5, with a Pilot Metro
Got out of the fountain pen ratrace after a big disappointment with the Lamy 2000. The Metro will never break, skip, leak and it just werk$.

Make my own pocketbooks using a long reach stapler and whatever paper I can snatch. I rarely write stories, and it's even rarer that I write them longhand.

diary sounds too feminine

Your job is sprint?

This, Leuchterm is fantastic

Look on Amazon or Fountain Pen/Writing retailers like The Goulet Pen Company or Paper & Ink arts if you wanna pick them up.

But what if I have more to say than I can get down in 30 seconds?

Palomino blackwing or bic 4 colour pen.

Pencil. My hands sweat a lot and the ink just smears

What do you even write about "daily"? I would like to get myself involved in more writing outside of school, do some exercises even in storytelling or more specific things relating to structure or style, but I just don't know what to write... How do you write something, maybe its a story, in one of these journals? Do you write the entire story? Is that one story interrupted across a few journal pages with small notes you've written? What do you fill these pages with?

>Palomino
youtube.com/watch?v=rp2qBGbeITk

I plan on doing one about my thesis research.
Has anyone here done an academic journal?
If so, any tips?

because he has sex, unlike you i suppose

Met a dude on Grindr a few weeks back and want to be safe like a responsible adult who also meets anonymous strangers in the middle of the night for casual sex.

>mfw I got a UTI and his landlady's cat was covered in fleas and I would still meet up to suck his dick again

I legitimately write better on paper. Computers offer too much distraction since I could be doing a thousand things at once even inside the word processor. Also, being able to draw or sketch in a notebook is a great creative outlet.

i don't, you probably don't either

however when i have i've used a condom

oh ok

I would get regular STD tests were I having sex outside of the monogamous relationship I'm currently in? condoms aren't perfectly reliable for protecting against STDs and that is something you should know

holy shit this. writing by hand is a million times better than on a PC

i don't think i actually need to know that though

maybe it's just because i write slowly but i much prefer using workflowy to writing in a bullet journal

don't have to write another sentence to elaborate if i'm not specific enough the first time or realise i've left something out, i can just delete what i've written and write something else

I am and used condoms; but as this user mentions, condoms aren't foolproof and regular STD testing should always accompany sexual activity outside of monogamous relationships with clean partners.

No, my dear fellow. Sprint is the name of a telecommunications company that was handing out free leather journals at my work on one particular morning.

As for your question, pic related.

rotring 800 masterrace. You have no idea how much pussy these handy pencils have gotten me.

Had one of pic related.
Small (3.5 x 6) and linen on the outside. Wrote with an amazing metal, brown, 0.3 mechanical pencil that I unfortunately lost. It fit cozily inside of my pants-pocket and had more than enough pages for my diary desu.

Now all i have are two separate plain journals roughly 13cm by 21cm that I had removed the covers to and now use rubberbands to hold together, using a black bic cristal to write with. I enjoy how well the cristals work, especially with how cheap they are, and I use the caps as toothpicks while nobody's looking.

When i feel like this i skip page 1 and just go for it on the next one

Mein Gott, do I hate namefags.
Every fucking time I see your nickname I see your nickname I want to die and the fact, that you will probably respond in a cheeky manner makes me cringe even more.

I like the Picadilly journals. Inexpensive, but they hold up well.

I use my Lenovo Yoga book because digital notes are the best notes.

Poet here. I copy a favorite poem onto the first page of my notebooks for this same reason. I don't want there to be any pressure for the first page. Also kind of sets the tone.

You could use meaningful quotes or a passage from your favorite DFW novel.