How do I not be a pseud

How do I not be a pseud

Start with the Greeks

Serious advice btw

This.

read and write a lot

Don't waste months learning how navelgazers of yestermilennia used to word the same existential uncertainties we all face every day. Read up on a useful skill and do something cool. Don't become like these worthless fucking losers that actually think people in the physical sciences couldn't wrap their heads around the complexities of a storytime major.

Normie detected

Step 1: read books
Step 2: be smart
Step 3: just admit when you don't know something.

>Step 3: just admit when you don't know something.
This especially. You don't have to be smart or anything, just be humble enough to know when you're talking out of your ass

Should from the surface of the earth wisdom disappear
Still no one will acknowledge his own ignorance.

You're just jelly

Nope. Psycholinguistics major. You know, useful skills and applicable knowledge.

>feels the need to justify his existence to anonymous posters on an online image board

Read as many genres, authors, and types of book as you can.

Admit when you don't understand a book and go back and attempt to read the book again in the future.

Practice writing a little every day.

Read the classics but don't focus on them exclusively.

Don't Trusts Veeky Forumss opinion on anything really. Veeky Forums is full of people that don't read.

>Psycholinguistics major
>useful skills
>applicable knowledge.

Yeah. You're basically a doctor

Make sure that when you're reading, you're reading for fun. Not out of a sense of malformed duty, or because you want to look good. Ensure that you would read even if the only benefit it brought was a good book read.
But why the hell would you want to be """useful"""?

>But why the hell would you want to be """useful"""?

Humanities. Every goddamn time

Read deeply and widely...start with the Greeks as everyone has stated. Humble yourself by acknowledging the limits of your knowledge and understanding. Every day seek to learn something new. Be curious. Ask questions. Discover something new. Travel. Aesthetics. Learn to set a table. Look at the quality of material and not the label. Appreciate new genres of music. Seek out what's best and form your own opinions.

Disregard the charlatans. Ignore the naysayers. Remain skeptical. Question your assumptions. And avoid jumping on the bandwagon.

Good luck in the new year.

STEMfags. Every goddamn time.

But it's not just STEMfags, shamefully. You also see such retardation within philosophy, particularly analytics. Autistic obsession with logic above all other disciplines, obsession with "usefulness" -- you'd think philosophers, of all people, would understand the consideration which must go on before you leap into "useful" and "not useful".

just asking but, what's a pseud?

A pseudo-intellectual.

Google my man.

Kek. Go back to your gender studies you salty cuck

Wow. How dignified. The elegance and originality of your insults. Just wow.

I'm in Humanities, and he's right. We'd be much better off if we relegated IDPol to the trashcan of history.

Nobody mentioned idpol before .

>fucking love reading
>never do enough of it
>whenever someone asks "have you read X" I usually have to decline
>A good portion of books I've read because I saw a movie or show came out and I heard they had books so I binged the books instead of the movie
>makes me feel like I'm trying to get that "the book was better" cred when really I just enjoy books more for the most part.
that pleb feel.

Go back to your own site you buttmad autist

The only means to ending IdPol is by embracing it. Homogeneity destroys it like nothing else.

>Embracing shitskins and the mentally ill

For what purpose?

However the original post was not about identity politics but about tendency to try to quantify everything by logical usefulness.
For example I am a lector, pretty much studied all the multicultural jazz that everybody seems to hate these days and I can work with whichever focus group I want or I can still find a place to get cash but not "be useful" from the STEM or atleast E point of view.

To be honest I will be always more useful than many theoretical economists or mathematicians. Just throwing abstractions around the blackboard. Pretty much the same shit as abstract philosophy or ethics or any other shit like that.

IdPol is for everyone, not just minorities :^)

I frequently freeze to realize that "shit, i don't know that, that's just something i'm guessing, or heard"
How can i stop myself from saying dumb shit i don't know?

Speak less but when you do make it count

I've tried that too, but sooner or later, something retarded blurts out

The final solution is a piece of ducktape

No but seriously If you are in your twenties you can still afford the be a bit of a retard. Just think about what you say and when you say shit own up to it. Say you are sorry/wrong. People appreciate it more that if you tried to play it cool.
If you are over 30 see the first sentence.

Read for betterment and intelligence, not for appearances.

Will refusing to be a beta orbiter make me a pseud?

Do something that has merit instead of simply posturing. Be engaged, don't pretend. Be completely willing to admit your own ignorance.