Dr. Jordan Peterson: A New Years Letter to the World

Veeky Forums, what do you think of Jordan Peterson's new video? Is he right?

He isn't looking so good.

youtube.com/watch?v=YnEFt20qe0o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XY7a1RXMbHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

16:05

This is why leftists want to bury him.

Veeky Forums is a board for literature, not random youtubers

Come on, this is the third thread now. Stop posting this.

sorry, I didn't see his face anywhere in the catalog but now I see the 2 other threads, I wasn't looking

this is a board for philosophy and literature you oaf

Veeky Forums is the board for "philosophy" you retarded faggot

MUAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAA MY PLAN IS WORKING MY PLAN IS WORKING MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

He's worried that his mish mash christfag ideology is going to be CRUSHED by Sam Harris' THICK JUICY athiest brain.

not really, seeing as they can both agree on darwinism

>starts crying
Pfffthahahah what a beta cuck

this desu, he's an r9kcore philospher.

I remember he used to posted regularly on wizchan

He's an entry level pleb.

Spent 40 years studying the exact same works over and over again just to gain enough of a proficiency in them that he can apply them everything he does.

The guy brings up the Gulag Archipelago every damn video despite it being a non-authoritative work in history, it's exaggerated a great deal.

So I tried so hard watched, and this for the first second and third and fourth and fifth time but no matter how many time but in the end it doesn't even matter: I cannot find an answer for my question? Is she does (Lain) Anischeral?

I mean, really. can somebody PLEASE help me out for answers..? instead of pushing me away and ansculting every time I try to discover.

This a a show doesn't help me for discifering the story, like a baby crawling in nets of ropes, instead confusing, especially at the end, where in confusing me. All the episodes left me confusing what is real in the show and what is just meraphorical. Does she an actual anischerality, simply or meraphorical for anternal state?

For anstanc elain shows to the equals and to the ones who have lost it a dissconnect? For years I have a belief that such an exozation characterizes her Anischerality, but perhaps after all the dedthes and envents of the show, she instead has become so numb to the nature of such envents that she dodn't connect? Many people say it has does without impact, but I can't feel you there.

Penchance anstead of Lain, of Anischeral, penchance SEL's Lain simply was a symbol to Us that even an society run on Technologues is will be subjective to all the humanity, and the same vices rutines that society has become routine and penchance her development is about breaking the habits?

I feel close as one step closer to solving this mystery. I'm about to break through, any help??

there are no answers dude
its just "write that down because it sounds deep"

Wow, what a hack.

Speaks about himself in third person and even calls himself "life-changing".

>DR Harris is a smart guy
DRAWP #T

Well, because it counters marxist ideas so well, why wouldn't he.

good copy pasta, I nearly fell for it

Because an intellectual would recognise its falsity and fabrications and omit them from his speech, instead, Peterson reiterates the figures and ideas without question.

He's a hack.

intellectuals are commie faggots, peterson is right to disregard intellectuaism

>he actually fucking begins to cry

lmao, what a fag

I think Peterson is a pseudo who has been rocketed to fame because he has stood up to the endemic thought regulation of western university systems.

His philosophy is a jumbled mess of Jungian psychology and idealism. I look forward to watching sam Harris destroy him.

>intellectuals are commie faggots

Hm, really makes me think

>he thinks he manages his own youtube channel
He has a patreon setup exactly so he can pay students to organize his shit for him.

>falsity and fabrications
how so? you cannot deny that many died under the soviet regime for horrible reasons. the camps are still there as a reminder.

the book argues for why and how a system like the soviet union occured. if you have better alternatives let me know.

the koran is true because it offers very effective directions for conquest and warfare, so you'd better convert to islam

>I think Peterson is a pseudo
I think you're a pseudo

> I look forward to watching sam Harris destroy him.
Speaking of pseudos...

I haven't seen lefties get triggered this hard by an intellectual since Hitchens. He must be doing God's work.

His ideas are tepid even compared to segments of the alt-right.

He's a meme for middle-ground losers who follow Neil deGrasse Tyson because they think he's actually smart.

>A man whose core ideas are against ideologies and extremism isn't extreme or ideological enough for me
Was Veeky Forums always this retarded?

is your argument really "the gulags actually weren't that bad!"

Come on dude, you can do better than that. Even if The Gulag Archipelago is exaggerated, still, millions of soviets were worked to death in these camps. The point remains unchanged.

>millions of soviets were worked to death in these camps.
Not to downplay how horrible the gulags were, but this isn't true. Most deaths were due to illness (possibly due to malnutrition), inmate violence, failed escape attempts, and food shortages during the war.

oh ok then

what's teh most redpilled minecraft youtuber

spot the female

faggot cucklord i just want 2 know the most redpilled minecraft youtuber

>forcibly put people in living conditions where this would be inevitable
>lol technically they died of malnutrition
are you retarded?

You are not wrong about Harris, but he will still wipe the floor with the blubbering Peterson.

>he hasn't seen all 150+ hours of Peterson lectures on Youtube
He has the richest understanding of existentialism of any public intellectual that I've come across

so he knows that it's gay and retarded? lots of people know that.

Man he sounds as if he could cry out loud any moment.

he's an outspoken, religious christian. you're fucking retarded if you think black science man fans like him.

So he's basically your typical /pol/ster screeching about degeneracy and western values, only intelligent enough to express this rubbish in eloquent terms?

i fucked your mom kike

Hitler wasn't that bad either while we're at it.

hitler was a faggot kike who raped kids

Nice try, shlomo.

for the life of me I don't understand why Veeky Forums gets THIS triggered by him... maybe he's on to something?

>He has the richest understanding of existentialism of any public intellectual that I've come across

I really hope you mean living public intellectual. And even then this is only true if you limit "public intellectual" to the small group of high-functioning autists popular among the reddit crowd. Which is trite since he's the only such public intellectual with any understanding of existentialism at all.

I mean he is basically just a dumbed down Heidegger, but expressed in the language of pragmatism and psychoanalysis, with incoherent and generally arbitrary references to Darwinism when it suits his mood. That might be compelling if he had an argument for why and how all those different paradigms -- each with their own metaphysics and epistemological norms -- might be brought together. But he has no discernible concern for methodological rigor or conceptual coherence. It is kind of hard to do meaningful phenomenology when your metaphysics is a messed up as Peterson's is.

It's pretty interesting, they have absolutely nothing to actually say so they stick to shaming and insults.

it's because this is a literature board, not an e-celeb board

>The guy brings up the Gulag Archipelago every damn video despite it being a non-authoritative work in history

That's not true though, is it?

Go be a teenage Marxist somewhere else.

>This entire post

You're right. Hitler's concentration camps weren't responsible for millions of deaths. Rather, they were down to Zyklon-B and Typhus.

fuck off kike
everybody hear is to intelligent to believe in death

because Veeky Forums is full of depressive, anxiety-ridden wrecks who resent existence and peterson challenges their resentment in a non-sappy, religiously-inspired yet darwinian and ontologically-sound way.

>Burying people alive isn't that bad, most deaths are due to lack of food, water, or oxygen.

Honestly user this is one of the stupidest comments I've ever seen on Veeky Forums if not Veeky Forums in general, and I've seen quite a lot of stupid comments over the years. If you haven't considered suicide yet now might be a good time to start.

he was replying to a specific claim in your post you retarded faggot
do frogniggers genuinely all have downs syndrome

>He doesn't get it

The retard is trying to imply that illness/inmate violence/failed escape attempts/food shortages had nothing to do with the gulags themselves.

Anyone with 46 chromosomes can tell you that all of these causes are connected TO, and derived FROM, the gulags themselves.

He's being hyper-technical/pedantic: "How could a 'camp' possibly kill someone? It's just a place", for example.

POO IN LOO

Yes it is, retard.

The book is full of absurd estimations based on no actual official documentation evidence.

I'm also not a Marxist, I'm a free marketeer.

>expend massive amount of calories working in Siberian gold fields
>succumb to malnutrition

Gee I wonder if there could be a connection here. This could explain why so many slave laborers die tragically and unexpectedly after being confined to a camp. user, I think we have a Nobel worthy breakthrough on our hands.

>I'm also not a Marxist, I'm a free marketeer.

doubt.jpg

there is nothing wrong with baseless conjecture if it sounds good to me and my friends

Doubt all you want, it's the truth. I have no reason to lie in an anonymous image forum.

literally all he said was that inmates were not specifically worked to death, and he prefaced it by saying he wasn't downplaying how horrible the gulags were. there is nothing there to suggest that he was making the claim that the gulags weren't responsible for the other forms of death he listed as more common.

which of course you know since you take issue with him being pedantic. he can't be both pedantic and making the massive claim that the gulags didn't themselves cause any deaths. that is not a minor, pedantic distinction by any means.

I don't know why you nerds have to be so moralistic and sanctimonious all the time. it is possible that someone is just insisting on nuance or even being pedantic without condoning state sanctioned mass murder. not everyone who disagrees with you over minor details is some sort of covert tankie. grow up.

You're an idiot

HM, sounds goods to me and my friends :^)

fuck you bitch

rude

it's a false nuance. there isn't a real difference between being worked to death and dying of malnutrition in a forced labor camp. in reality, practically nobody actually dies of being literally worked to death, they die from their conditions while continually undertaking hard labor -malnutrition being one of those conditions. in any historical event where people have been said to have been "worked to death" the proportion of people actually keeling over while engaged in labor due to their heart or lungs ceasing to function would be exceedingly small. they fall ill and die because of excess labor in combination with lack of food, rest, shelter etc. you can't disentangle the labor from the conditions when assigning a cause of death in that environment.

I agree but all that means is that that poster was being pedantic. It doesn't mean that he was implying "that illness/inmate violence/failed escape attempts/food shortages had nothing to do with the gulags themselves."

reread the post, he literally states that it is untrue that millions were worked to death, instead suggesting they died due to illness possibly caused by malnutrition. he's proposing that "worked to death" does not functionally include illness and malnutrition, which it does. i am being pedantic because his pedantry is flawed.

>laughs at chronic depression

> muh mental health awareness

the only consolation here is that sooner or later all you humorless fucks are going to find suicide mighty enticing. that is if you're not faking your mental "illness" for attention.

Hitler's concentration camps weren't so bad as long as you weren't a Jew or Slav. Their POW camps on the Eastern Front had a 55% mortality rate, which is what a real death camp looks like.

The claim that "millions" died in the gulags is false, regardless of the cause, and the vast majority of the total deaths were due to unavoidable famine during the war. It's funny how people's brains shut off when it comes to actually trying to quantify the evil of Hitler and Stalin. Just blurt out some random high sounding number and if anyone argues with you he's a nazi/communist apologist.

>His philosophy is a jumbled mess of Jungian psychology and idealism. I look forward to watching sam Harris destroy him.
It essentially comes down to science cannot adequately explain consciousness, the cultivation and tending of which replaces god. It's hardly novel but I don't think it's all that easy to dismiss.

>unavoidable

He's just heidegger with training wheels and some pop-science and Jung mixed in. Everytime he starts talking about evolution I can't help but roll my eyes, he fundamentally misunderstands causality itself for the sake of his non-ideolog ideology.

It's pretty hard to avoid famine when half of your country's agricultural production has been destroyed or seized by an enemy force, and prisoners are obviously going to be the lowest priority.

Can you link to the video/section you're referring to specifically?

>The Holodomor (Ukrainian: Гoлoдoмóp),[a] was a man-made famine in Soviet Ukraine in 1932 and 1933 that killed an estimated 2.5–7.5 million Ukrainians, with millions more counted in demographic estimates. It was part of the wider Soviet famine of 1932–33, which affected the major grain-producing areas of the country.
>man-made famine in Soviet Ukraine
>man-made famine
>-man-made
If commies weren't so stupid you'd have an argument, but they literally ARE that dumb they can't even manage feeding themselves.

>During the war
>Holodomor
Are you illiterate?

/pol/tards laugh and jerk off to pictures of dead Turks I don't think he'd find much common fround with them. Also from what I know he's not a fan of Trump

The fact that it wasn't during the war is exactly my point, it preempts this retarded argument here
The Soviets were LITERALLY so STUPID they couldn't feed themselves, even before the war started. It's perfectly within the scope of reason to say the famines were avoidable if they just weren't so damn dumb.

>the ruskies weren't mass murderers, all the people they starved to death during the war weren't on purpose
>why the fuck are you talking about all the people they mass murdered before the war, we're talking about WW2 here
lol

Bruh I think you might be mentally ill

Gulags weren't affected by Holodomor which makes it a moot point. You'd know that if you actually did just 5 seconds of googling.

> It's perfectly within the scope of reason to say the famines were avoidable if they just weren't so damn dumb.
They had two completely different causes...are you really this stupid user?

This thread has made me lose faith in Veeky Forums. Most of you are low IQ pseuds who have never picked up a history book and couldn't think your way out of a paper bag. Even /pol/ has higher quality discussion, and they're pretty fucking retarded.

You're utterly retarded, the point is the Ruskies were obviously willing to murder millions via the Gulags or any other method if they already did it in the Ukraine in the 30s. Have you no sense of context or reason? It's pretty fucking obvious.

What a well reasoned refutation, you even invoked the /pok/ boogeyman. Truly, a rhetorical master stroke.

>shilling this hard

youtu.be/XY7a1RXMbHI

He starts around 55 mins, and then for the next 10 mins he goes on to completely misunderstand/misrepresent determinism, and then Darwin. It's almost comical.

Is this some kind of priest

Not an argument

>They had two completely different causes.
Malice and...malice?

Basically, he's selling a new-new age religion. And people defend him because they want to hate trannies from an intellectual vantage point, which he sort of offers.

>Rather, they were down to Zyklon-B
Bayer corporation has some explaining to do.