Why has there been very little advancements in battery size/usage ratio...

Why has there been very little advancements in battery size/usage ratio? computers shrink and get stronger but batteries seem to be the main limiter of this stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because every time they make a better battery they already have a screen / Processor /other hardware that is ready to use the extra power in the same amount of time as the previous model..

OP Here
but that makes the battery drain faster, I'm saying why aren't there phones like today's phones with the battery of a Nokia? The battery isn't advancing as fast as everything else is my problem.

>I'm saying why aren't there phones like today's phones with the battery of a Nokia
there are, check the wiki of the chinkshit general on /g/

I've been looking on that wiki, the portables section has no info on battery life. I'm a newfag, please explain

i'm sure if you used a nokia battery in a modern smartphone it would not last long

That's my point, most tech has advanced a ton except for batteries

chemists are brainlets

>computers shrink and get stronger

Not really any more.

Capacitors > Batteries

Acids don't really change. There are two ways to improve battery life. One involves something to do with nanocarbon tech, the other is software that saves battery when not in use.

pic related had a battery capacity of 700mAh and was announced May 2007, so 10 years ago. By comparison, the Galaxy S8+ released recently has 3,500mAh, and you can buy 20,000mAh rechargables on Amazon dirt cheap
don't really see your point

fucc

Is there a limit to how much energy you can put in one spot? Is there a limit to how much space information can use?

Is that one 1.02Ah? The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is 3.5Ah.

>Is there a limit to how much energy you can put in one spot?

Yes, but we will never reach that point.

>Is there a limit to how much space information can use?

Unknown. We can only theorize the tiniest units of physics.

Thanks friendo. Recommend any literature?

I meant check the recommended purchases section of the chinkshit wiki, here:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

Check oukitel k6000 pro or oukitel k10000 for instance.

Battery capacity doubles every 100 years. If you're a virgin, go bite a vampire and wait a few centuries.

I mean, just recently Johnny B Goodenough put out a solid state battery prototype which is a huge game changer

Batteries actually are advancing, the problem is manufacuterers then use that extra power to make the phone run faster / high resolution / etc.

If you use a modern phone battery on a Nokia, it could probably last months.

>Not really

Yes really, and all the time. You're just a brainlet who looks for advances in computing power by checking the processors on $200 computers over the last 2 years. Look into how many digits of pie are calculated each year. The time of calculation shrinks and the number of digits calculated doubles from each previous year, more or less. Stupid people like you are frustrating. Mostly because they think they are smart when they are wrong about the idea they hold which makes them feel smart.

>adding more cores instead of tripping single core speeds every year is "advancing technology"

Sure thing, kid.