ITT: Quotes from authors that Make You Think™

I wonder what he thinks about DFWs conspiring to murder and stalking of women

>women are too dumb to understand DFW
>"Actually, women are simple too mysterious and deep for literature!"
What a cuck

top kuk

He doesn't know what the feminine mystique is lol

Jesus Christ

Is the complete lack of great writing or great output of any medium also part of their mystique?

John doesn't spend too much time thinking about betas.

the year is 2017 why are you posting this dumb niggers tweets from 2015. in the current year

he has arm around one in your pic

as long as people keep pushing "x is just a mysterious creature" there will never be understanding between genders,sexual orientations,etc when a group deliberately others themselves there can be no other result

>creature
PIG
YOU DESERVE TO BURN IN HELL

That's too long for a tweet. Nice try.

What the fuck is a DFW

>anyone being too dumb to understand DFW
zozzle
Dallas Fort Worth

No seriously what does the initialism stand for

Is it the name of some author? By the looks of it.

>DFW's incompatibility with trans readers speaks not to chauvanism but rather speaks to transexual mystique -- that not eve the most valuable of white male minds could touch on that of an mtf's.

fixed

Is this satire?

It's Dallas Fort Worth, like user said.

It's a fucking airport

I thought it was the post modern author David Foster Wallace?

Why would we be talking about an author on Veeky Forums?

oh, I might on the wrong board
kek, my bad bro

“Freedom of Murder. It’s in your back pocket. It is your birthright. Always remember that.”

is this real? i couldn't find it on his twitter

Who is the greatest female writer of all-time? Woolf? Austen? Did men have trouble connecting to them? I guess men aren't as mysterious as women?

I wanna say Shelley. She was better than her husband and their bull, at least.

Not that that means she was good or anything. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Kek

He's such a fucking cuck.

>She was better than her husband
>Not that that means she was good
Cheeky cunt

No way this is real

I think that we should all believe that we are all infinitely mysterious, even to ourselves (we should only believe this on an aesthetic basis, in moments of private peace, however)

This is why I despise Westerners/"Whites". The disgusting belief that the "feminine" holds intrinsic value in itself. Liberalism is a false inversion of True Leftism.

Deep

David Foster Wallace

He wrote a book about suicide as the main theme, this has to be a joke

many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. can you give it to them? then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. for not even the very wise can not see all ends -tolkien

Fake and gay

>feminine mystique

holy shit

He is right

That fresh new smell

>2017

You can see the shape Cara's penis through his skirt.

Do grills actually like this guy? I mean he practically treats them like exotic eldritch tropical beasts, not meant to be understood by puny mortal men

men don't write suicide notes

Yes. We're all special snowflakes who should rebel against our oppressive parents and repressive school system! We are the chosen generation. Why's my Starbucks not arrived yet?

I refuse to believe this

only this?
i refuse to believe this whole thread

>ooga booga
Can I get a tldr on this pls

we wuz keengz and shit niggamoh fucker
nigga we wyz writars and mofocka shit nigga hell yea nigga

Think about that, really.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

i really am

the ones about the womb and the avocado too

tl;dr white bitches in publishing and literary criticism are the cancer killing literature

whats the context of the first tweet? i don't understand her point

But you do learning and creation in school...

>whitey only writes about suburban ennui lol why can't he write narratives on a wide variety of subjects like we KANGS
>*writes something about race*

I see you havent read anything by him. If anything he writes post-colonial fiction, and almost all of the terrible shit that happens in his books is black on black, or rather, Jamaican on Jamaican. Even in his one book about Jamaican slavery, its black slaves raping white women and murdering their families.

I understand your point regarding black authors (I was particularly disappointed in The Sellout as well as all of the Afro-American go-tos and Morrison) but you just come off as ignorant in this case.

Top kek

>expresses an opinion about publishing falling to vapid women writing for bored housewives that he's seen from the industry repeatedly
>"haha he's black"
Really gets my noggin joggin

>I see you havent read anything by him
"The Book of Night Women is a 2009 novel by Jamaican author Marlon James. The story follows Lilith, a young woman born into slavery, who challenges the boundaries of what is expected of her. Lilith is a beautiful young woman born during the 18th century on a Jamaican sugar plantation. Orphaned from birth, she quickly learns that life as a slave can be frequently brutal and unkind."

Ah, yes - finally a breath of fresh air from a black author breaking new ground and tackling content one normally wouldn't see handled by a black author.
Blacks can't criticize anyone for monotony in theme or subject when literally all they write about is a race-related pity party.

Yeah I read that too. I doubt you did.

Lilith is a fucking witch. She murders every one of her masters and participates in a slave uprising which she betrays to save her white taskmaster/mothers rapist/father. Meanwhile she plays game of thrones amongst the house niggers. The death count is like 600 in that book. A heavyhanded morality play against slavery it isnt.

literally a witch by the way. she casts spells on her enemies in different slave covens. Its his best book. Also in his other two books, there are barely any white people to speak of

Read some Marlon James beyond fucking wikipedia summaries and get back to us, faggot

>I say blacks only write about race and slavery
>lol not Marlon James, faggot
>he literally writes about race and slavery
>faggot
Okay

>read some (insert black author)
No thanks friendo

>Read some Marlon James

haha

Your loss, his books are well written bloodbaths and dramas; He is an unrepentant SJW in real life, but his books are fantastic.

So Nicolas Sparks is greater mind than DFW because more women connect with his writing? lel

I hope she writes a book or a play so we can bring Marling-posting to Veeky Forums.

Is "you are fucking retarded" a blackness?

I have not read Infinite Jest but the fact that John Green insults DFW to pander to women is upsetting.

>I have not read Infinite Jest
get off my board

Sounds pretty fucking gay desu

>give money to an Sjw anyway
Hahaha

No

No one wants to read your shit books Marlon

Now I'm not a gynocentrist or a misogynist, as I believe in meritocracy and freedom of self actualization(something I think each individual regardless of gender may do differently), however, isn't feminine inherent worth a chauvinism thing? It's sexists usually spouting: "women need only to 'be' to have value since they can have children. Men on the other hand must 'do' to be valued." Or are you talking about traits/mindset specifically? I'm not sure there is an completely inherent mindset to gender though.

Why did the idea that the individual is unique become synonymous with juvenile rebellion? You have to be retarded to deny that humans are a profundity.

Marlon, who do you think reads books? Because it's definitely not black people.

I kind of appreciate Greens comments here. Atleast he doesn't just call DFW a mysoginist or something retarded.

While I have no doubt that blacks consume pleb entertainment, that is woefully out of date.

t. never read 19th century literature

He actually is right, you don't get published today by writing something of worth but jerking off retarded women. Look at big Johnny boy

>DFW
>most valuable of male minds

He was practically the only author besides the old guard (the McCarthy and Pynchon types) writing novels worth the paper they're printed on

>dat incoming turkey neck

>No
>Discernible
>Talent

How retarded do you have to be to take anything an old Jew says seriously.

>dfw
>post modern
>impligny

that's a really good quote

goethe was legit brilliant