Who is more of a scientist? Bill Nye or VSauce?

Who is more of a scientist? Bill Nye or VSauce?

vsause

The hairs on my asscheeks are more of a scientist than both of them put together and tripled.

Vsauce

obviously vsauce

>VSauce
>graduated from the University of Chicago with a bachelor's degree in psychology and English literature.
>Spectrum Man
>graduated with a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering

Neither of them are scientists, although VSauce at least studied a science.

>Bill Nye studied mechanical engineering
>mechanical engineering
>engineering
>thus the guy isn't a scientist
I never got this sentiment. Yes, he's an engineer, not a scientist, but does that really matter when you consider pretty much all the basic required skills of a scientist and engineer overlap? Does it make him any less qualified to talk about global warming and shit?

He's literally only taken the Gen Ed bio and chem courses that everyone on this board has. Yes, he deserves credit and respect for designing parts of airplane engines and high tech vehicles on Mars, but none of that remotely translates to climatology or psychology. He's an authority on engineering and related physics, but only that.

>Gen Ed bio and chem courses that everyone on this board has
This board would be fucking dead if that was the case.

Vsauce is way better that bill

And you haven't considered the possibility that the guy might've read up on the stuff he's preaching? Do we automatically assume a person's knowledge ends where his formal education says it does?

but his arguments about climate change are al gore tier

NONE
THEY'RE ENTERTAINERS
SHUT UP
At least Vsauce makes you go hmm >more than spectrum boy

>psychology
>science
What did he mean by this

>psychology
>science
Autism is a spectrum

It's a soft science at the very least

The problem people have with him is that he speaks about these things as if he has a habit of speaking in absolutes and he presents his arguments from a position of authority when he has none.

There is absolutley nothing wrong with being a layman, and an argument should stand on it's merits regardless of who presents it, but Bill Nye is a twat.

My ass

What does it mean for somebody to be a ''scientist''?

>He [Michael] then graduated from the University of Chicago with a bachelor's degree in psychology and English literature.

meme

>Vsauce
>teaches people about science
>Bill Nye
>teaches people about sticking things in their butts

Derek from Veritasium is more qualified than both of those brainlets

Neither are Scientists at all.

Gaytasium, he was in the spectrum episode, brainlet tier science man.

nether, they are both hacks.
they don't invent anything they are trash lvl infomercials.

Was he? Why didn't I know about this?

>psychology
>science
oh boi

Neither of them are really scientists.
But at least vsauce isn't redefining science to fit his political views so I'll go with him.

Bill Sauce

YOU LIE
POST A LINK

>that image
for what purpose?

Who is really redefining science. The one observing reality and describing it. Or the one who sees something they disagree with, but will not adjust their viewpoint and instead claim that what they saw is wrong and they are still correct.