SpaceX Pre-Game Thread

T - 5 hours

>SpaceX will make its sixth launch of the year Monday, with a Falcon 9 rocket deploying the Inmarsat-5 F4 communications satellite.
>Liftoff, from the Kennedy Space Center, is scheduled for the opening of a 51-minute launch window at 19:20 local time (23:20 UTC).
>The booster won’t be returning for a landing due to the performance requirements of the heavy satellite.

Live Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=ynMYE64IEKs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i3K8jJUshx8
docs.google.com/document/d/12B3bgtyA8TaRtya0ytHZUU8MtcVWC09kuJRftCykXQ8/pub
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HOLD

>was a SpaceX employee

Their shit is fucked, yo

Why do people pretend that Mars would be useful as a "backup" to Earth

Like what the fuck

Go "colonize" the bottom of the ocean, or the top of a mountain, retards

yes bbb tips me

Mars is more fun than shitty gay ass oceans you can't touch because biologists will go apeshit and probably torpedo your ass too.

>make reusable rockets
>expend them for shitty commsats
Explain this, muskfags.

These are just experimental vehicles, the Block 5 Falcon 9 launching later this year will be the "final" rocket
They don't particularly want to be stockpiling older F9 designs

It's a busines.....?

>>make reusable rockets
>>expend them for shitty commsats
>Explain this
The comsat's worth much more than the rocket, and Falcon Heavy's not ready yet.

Falcon 9 was undersized for the GTO comsat market originally (which is what motivated the development of Falcon Heavy originally), and while it's been upgraded to serve it well in expendable mode, now it's still somewhat underpowered when they recover the stages (which is what motivates the completion of Falcon Heavy now).

They like to recover them, but at the end of the day, it's less than $30 million worth of hardware, and the comsat is probably going to generate that much revenue in its first month or two.

Plus what this guy said:

SpaceX is a meme.

For the time it takes to refurbish one rocket stage, they could launch 10-15 expendable rockets. Somebody is not doing the correct math. Man-hours and materials to refurbish in my opinion does not cost less than manufacturing to finality a regular one. When that bulk consumption subsides and man-hours explode exponentially, an unsustainable event materializes. Musk is hard-set that flying rockets should be on-par with Boeing airliners. Boeing airliners never leave the atmosphere and undergo cryogenic hysteresis. When he pushes the envelope that hard, the odds of dire consequences vastly increase. The basis of his venture is what is at the root of ..basically...low intelligence being "re-purposed" into higher intelligence? Give me a break. 1940's technology remains 1940's technology.

But Musk is not alone. NASA, Amazon, and all of the others are doing the EXACT SAME THING. They are all competing with each other using the exact same technology....hahahaha. Nothing like using hobby shop drone software to engage the "rocket come home and land over there" commands.....Wonder where the algorithms came from actually......hmmm

There is a way to lift a 500 ton payload into space and move it anywhere it is needed. Deep orbit, next to the moon, stationary orbit - anywhere. It is just these so-called scientists cannot see the forest through the trees. Too many like-minds and all focused on one thing: build a tube and attach liquid fuel burning engines to it...YEAH! THAT'S THE TICKET! We at NASA just blew through 20 billion building the next rocket......which is no better than ATLAS......Should have just upgraded ATLAS...would have saved 19 billion and would have already been doing things and going places.......

My tax dollars not at work. I want to pull a "Exorcist" moment and spin my head around 360 degrees and then projectile vomit green pea soup......

Scientists - - -idiots, highly trained and highly specialized non-free-thinking idiots.

this really doesn't seem pasta worthy

30 min

HYPE
Y
P
E

BIG

Chances of explosion?

-1/12

One has to wonder what kind of mind arrived at such conclusion in the first place.
>All these organizations and multi-billion dollar companies are working on the exact same thing, hurr why are they all such idiots?

4 min

4 minutes

FUCK YEAH! GO PROTON...I MEAN FALCON!

>biggest payload for Falcon 9 ever
HHHNNNNGGG

>the erector

This view makes it look like it has a huge launch escape tower

ayyyye

who here Veeky Forumsentifically illiterate?

HERE WE GO

Passed max-q, looking good

oh another expendable launch

DUDE ROCKETS AMIRITE??

>85,000 watching now

That's the most I've seen in a long time. Must be time of day thing.

They should follow the first stage to destructive reentry.

I wonder what the people in the background are making noises about, maybe fairing recovery attempt.

i think they saw 1st stage fall apart. or maybe they did something cool withit

Are they doing the whole inflatable castle recovery yet

Could be showing video of that

Witnessed

yeah it was def video of the 1st stage getting crispy

no the ship they use for fairing recovery is still in port. No attempt this time

it's always fun when they go over the poles because there are texture wrapping errors in the earth model they have for the coast phases

qt3.14

youtube.com/watch?v=i3K8jJUshx8

Oceans and mountains are still going to be on the planet with four billion niggers on it

because Mars is actually easier than trying to build a dome on ocean floor.

SpaceX executives constantly watch flat earth videos on youtube & think that is a serious belief by people

It apparently keeps them up at night

t. Ahmed Mohammed - Undergraduate engineering student @ MIT (Ministry Institute Technology), Karachi.

Where will SpaceX be in a decade?

Is it not? Its like Creationism, a fringe bunch of people so hellbent on believing something. Only FE people have a massive distrust for some reason

flat earth shit is a massive discreditation campaign

shame this gets so little attention

They don't have a marketing campaign in the west and have cameras plastered all over their rockets.

This. Literal west vs east political information wars.

Launching 10-15 rockets a month, if everything goes according to plan.

Only living there is a major health hazard. Having children there may be a harsh lesson in terrible birth defects.

>Falcon Heavy's not ready yet
Literally just 3 falcon regular taped together, look at it. You're getting plaid like a fiddle

Do you believe they used actual tape? Also, you got homophoned.

>homophoned
I didn't phone no homo's, nigger. It's a doggy dog world, so you better watch yaw self

Lads, I went on Reddit, and found THIS.

docs.google.com/document/d/12B3bgtyA8TaRtya0ytHZUU8MtcVWC09kuJRftCykXQ8/pub

He looks so happy!