RETURN OF MATH CAPTCHA, PLEASE

random.irb.hr/signup.php

See this website's captcha (Quantum Random Bit Generator Service: Sign up)? Why can't Veeky Forums have these? Here's an example pic if you don't want to click.

Something like this would really take care of most if not all the spam, bots, and brainlet normie bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

derivative-calculator.net/
symbolab.com/solver/partial-derivative-calculator
wolframalpha.com/widgets/view.jsp?id=8b416fa5519b3bb56ccbb0e54c811556
wolframalpha.com/calculators/derivative-calculator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This needs to be requirement to post on Veeky Forums

>I just learned how to do X
>lmao how could dumb brainlets not even know how to do X
Only pseudo-intellectual twats are the ones posting shit like this to stroke their own undeserved egos

BRING IT BACK

Yeah, slow the board down to a crawl. That will help

quality b4 quantity

we want to find the maximum contribution with the minimum shitpost

we want to have an F score that is through the roof, i.e. a high signal to noise ratio in our sample

we want to remove noob

we want brainlets to be BTFO

>what is wolfram alpha

>I can't do basic math.

Someone would just make an automatic solver.

Veeky Forums isn't /math/ though.

i can't believe how insecure some people can be.

>Implying that people who didn't learn math and science past high school shouldn't be able to post here if they're interested in learning
>implying that wolframalpha doesn't exist to solve these anyways

It's Calc I with the partial differential operator to make it look scary.
Anyway, OCR for TeX is stupid easy, so if you decide to stroke your ego with everyone-who-doesn't-know-what-I-learned-this-past-week-is-a-brainlet and replace the Recaptcha with this, I'll just make a bot to spam this board with anti-vax blog posts until you realize your mistake

Won't work
derivative-calculator.net/

symbolab.com/solver/partial-derivative-calculator

wolframalpha.com/widgets/view.jsp?id=8b416fa5519b3bb56ccbb0e54c811556

Considering these can be solved online easily, I suggest calc 1, but in simple word problems form. No spammer will know how to set up the calculations, in order to put them in solvers.

Also "I'm not a robot" should be "I'm not a brainlet".

Veeky Forums is currently /iq/ and /globalwarmingisfake/
No poster on this board worth their salt can't solve elementary integrals.

If we had math captchas all the Crowder and Molyneux fans would disappear and this board would be less shit.

Plus it looks like your working while you shit post from work so win win

You are the ones that should leave this board, given that you are too stupid to realize that solving these captchas does not require any mathematical knowledge whatsoever.

Haha i know calculus im so smart xdd
Fuck off brainlet. This wouldnt solve anything

It requires you to understand how to input integral or derivative questions into wolfram correctly at a minimum, which most people don't know how to do without already knowing how to do them in the first place.

>what is symbolab

People seem to misinterpret the purpose of such a captch system.
It is not to make the people who can solve it feel smart, it is to make sure that the posters have a base level of knowledge and could contribute to the board.
I for one would support what this user said so that solving the problem would not be a matter of using Wolfram.
I see no logical argument against such a system to ensure that each post has a bass level of understanding before being able to 'contribute' to the board.
This is a science board and the foundation of science is mathematics, having a test of mathematics before posting would be a worthwhile system.

>people interested in science and math come instead of "scientifically is white genocide real XD" and "SCI YLYL THREAD"
Oh no, the horror.

Science AND math, retard.

then fucking learn?????????????/

if you can't solve those you probably can't do any science either.

retard

If it gets the tards to learn, it's a win/win

I absolutely agree with this, and I admit I'd be very curious to see which threads would become more and less common and how the board's political and religious debates would change.

kys you fucking autist

>damn, now I gotta use wolfram alpha while my 60 second counter resets

Well, he has a point. These are the kinds of tasks generally covered in first year college math. Which means damn near everyone with a higher education should be able to do them

Veeky Forums is for both science AND math

are there any STEM fields that don't require calculus?

>Partial derivative
>1 variable

Huh

If you cant solve baby's first derivative you don't know shit about science.

Yes, It'd be fun.
>implying shitposting brainlets wouldn't just use wolfram alpha anyway
At least it might slow them down though, and if you're making really horrible b8 the effort of going to wolfram alpha might be too great.
There's really nothing negative about it.

>can't evaluate a first order derivative
>thinks i'm the one that should kill myself

don't you have an english essay due or something?

Shut the fuck up retard.

Engineering

it means the same thing. could have written [math]\frac{d}{dx}[/math] or [math]\frac{\partial}{\partial x}[/math] to the same effect with only [math] x [/math] in the expression

>most people don't know how to do without already knowing how to do them in the first place.

u w0t m8 ?
wolframalpha.com/calculators/derivative-calculator/

with the examples and tips provided you don't even need to know what a derivative is, you just have to be able to type 'derivative of [function] at x=whatever'.

The board was fine when it was a slow crawl just a couple years ago.

Indeed it will. I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't. /b/ speeds =/= good

>math is hard
>people who can do math are showoffs
>you can't stop me from shitposting

Something most normies have never heard of let alone be able to use.

>quality b4 quantity

This.

>I'll just make a bot to spam this board with anti-vax blog posts until you realize your mistake

Someone has already beat you to it.

>effort of going to wolfram alpha toi great
>not having at least three tabs of wolfram alpha open at any given time

Nobody could post. This board is filled with reatards.

>he thinks shitposting normies even care to learn the most basic thing and not that they just want their stupid sex question answered

Did we ever have a science-based captcha of any kind? I only remember the math ones for a short time. It was a good time.

You should know basic math if you are 18 years old or older.

Back when the original math captchas were around there were people dedicated to teach other people how to get through them.

lads, we've been requesting a maths captcha for years here

the moderators dont give a flying fuck

They did at one time, but I don't think any of the staff from when we had math captchas are still staff today.

That's high school math. It won't even prevent underage. It will only inflate their ego even more. Now people who post here will think they are mentally superior to others for knowing basic calculus. This is the dumbest idea I've seen on Veeky Forums this whole month.

wouldn't be surprised If you've only been here a month.

I'm usually on /b/ and /v/. Couldn't take them anymore. So here I am.

Please post this on /qa/. This would be a serious improvement for the board. We can finally get rid of flat earth niggers and have proper IQ threads and actual discussions on the differences between races without bleeding-heart liberal redditors and rabid /pol/tards.

another problem is that captchas should be something that is hard for computers, but easy for humans to solve. Calculus is the exact opposite. Expect a shitload of spambots.

This is true

>partial derivatives are basic math lel

back to 9gag with you

Back to with you rulecuck.

how about a picture of a calc problem? or how about Veeky Forums word problem?

Nigger I am not about to spend five minutes solving a captcha to post about cells and why I love them. Fuck you autist.

>make your own imageboard
>math captcha on science board

nothing is stopping you

Honestly just try it. There are very few disadvantages other than posting taking a bit longer, which isnt a big deal, and potentially is can improve the quality of the board.

Try it for a weekend and see how it goes.

>Something most normies have never heard of let alone be able to use.
You're delusional. Anyone in highschool and beyond at the very least has heard of wolfram alpha.

who the fuck is going to take hundreds of pictures of calc problems?

>math captcha on Veeky Forums
>install gentoo captcha on /g/
>autism test on /r9k/
>canadians and australians IP blocked on /pol/
Veeky Forums finally made great again

Trivial.

>pic related

>derivative of cos()
> 5 minutes

why did /pol/ take this board over? what happened?

At least format it the way people actually use it.

lol

>no more generals on /int/

You don't need to replace google recaptcha. You can add this as a second captcha.

Also, you dont' need to even use calculus. There's a shit load of math out there. Just an example in the OP doesn't mean you are only allowed to use that, brainlet.

1/69 posts ITT are paid for.

I rarely ever see that on any board except when someone wants to make a point about captcha.

If you replied or thoguht of replying "wolfram alpha" you are a brainlet.
The point is the racial IQ faggots don't know how to use that software anyways

None of that looks hard desu
I'd have to look up what the backward six in the far left was, but part of me thinks you could just simplify that to 1/X, I can't really remember. How do you graduate high school without knowing absolute value and trig?

if you want this then just go to 2(4)chan. don't ruin my board fucking idiots

I have earned Veeky Forums posting privileges

honeslty they'd be less tedious than the current captchas

> How do you graduate high school without knowing absolute value

apparently you did.

>not realizing that f(x,y) = x is a two variable function.

How many times have you failed Calc 3?

go into options and turn on legacy captcha under "quotes and replying"

ty

Keep recaptcha and add math captcha.

That's not absolute value. The vertical bars are the "evaluated at" symbol.

cannot solve pls hlep

I think it's a nice idea just because I could use the reinforcement on my calc1/2 skills

>u wot

>using partial differential operator for a single-variable function

The derivative of a constant is 0

I am 100% behind this.

> lol guize i did cal in college i r so smart xddddd

I assure you that I would still shit up this board because I know math but I'm also a fucktard shitlord

/thread

multiple choice questions with a timer would be best tbqh. something that's quick and relatively easy to answer, but takes time to look up (and also stops ). something like: which of the following is false?
f is differentiable -> f is continuous
f is monotonic -> f is integrable
f is integrable -> f is differentiable

I think it's a good thing to implement. It'll cut down the shitposts. They can look it up but 1. too much effort and 2. underages won't know this stuff yet to look up. There's no reason NOT to implement it.

You can also ask for the names of important or famous theorems. Stuff like mean value theorem or Lagrange's theorem in group theory.

This is pretty nice, but only short ones. Otherwise it becomes a chore.

If you don't know how to differentiate a single variable function you don't belong here.

1. it's doubtful that Veeky Forums can get anyone to pay them money to do this, the way they can make money from recaptcha

2. It makes it easier for bots to solve. Unless you're using random fonts or warping the image of the equation, a bot can read it and solve it easily

If it was something like "find the first derivative of y = 3x^2 + 2x" id be okay with it but come on now no one wants to do more than 10 seconds of math just to make a fucking stupid post

even that's too long. if it takes longer than it does to select 3 store fronts currently then it's not worth it.