Any opinions on the multiple gender thing?

Hey guys.
So, I'm pretty new to this thread, never posted here before. But since you guys like science and stuff, i'd like to hear what you guys think about this "multiple gender" thing thats been really trending lately.
Like, you are either born a male or a female, there is no extra gender.
Just because you are born a man, feel like you are a woman inside, and you are a-sexual, it doesnt mean that you need a gender just for that feeling.
I mean, I'm a straight male, and I like to eat every once in a while. Does the fact that I eat often, the fact that I am a man and the fact that I eat alot make me compatible for another gender?
NO.

Personally, I think this "multiple gender" thing is just this one thing that a few people thought of to get some attention. At the time this caught attention, noone did this before, so every TV channel wanted to report it.
Then all the fucking mongos from America came, and thought;
"Hey! My mother and father never cared for me, and I was raised by a fucking cardboard figure under the pier on the beach! If I identify myself as a lesbian mixmaster, I can make the news, and my parents will know what they missed out on! HAHAHA!"
Or, something like that.

But anyways, what is your opinion on this?

Multiple genders don't exist. There is only one gender: the human gender.

oh, you weren't here during the aftermath of that Bill Nye video. "spectrums" became this huge meme for like a couple weeks.
Of course you're right, but there's no sense in rationally arguing about it, no one who defends the opposing argument knows jack shit about biology, or if they do then they're lying either for money or some other motive.

Most of the people advocating this idea are trying to assert that 'gender' isn't the same as 'biological sex', and is related to emotional identity or something. But then of course we'd be left to wonder what exactly 'gender' is in the first place.

My own opinion is that this started off as an internet subculture like furries and otherkins, pretty much harmless, but then due to sparking the public bathroom issue it got adopted by tumblerfags and blown up into a social movement, and now Hollywood and the mainstream media have taken it under their wing as part of their endless crusade against morality.

Bill Nye is literally the closest thing we have to proof that there are multiple genders. Just him saying it. Other than that, biology is pretty clear.

The multiple gender thing is sociologists and college students mistaking personality for gender, because their new definition, is meant to try and say that someone not liking who you are personally is discrimination.

It's just politically motivated right ring retards who deny the existence of multiple genders.

Experts are even starting to debate the veracity of sex being duality.

The context multi-gender advocates use is that gender is something seperate from biological sex and is somehow intertwined with sexuality. This is of course a load of horseshit as its literally just your personality and sexual preferences. Being a tomboy doesn't mean you need a new gender, being bisexual and attracted to intelligent people doesn't make you intelligence-sexual.

if you told bohrfags that the location of a subatomic particle is based on a spectrum of probabilities, they'd have laughed you out of the room.

what if you told the spectrumfags that they're massive faggots?

I like you

it wouldn't make the bohr model any less incorrect

underrated.

>How energy could be discrete you sexist shitlord, its obviously a continuous spectrum

This thread has fucking nothing to do in any science section of any sites.

Obviously only 2 genders exists. That is a self evident fact to most persons.

But, rich bourgeois kids going to college desperately feel the need to be oppressed, (This is because all their political message include people needing to be freed of oppression so they want to be included i that) so they invent (or appropriate) new types of oppressed people and associate themselves with them to give their political demands a louder voice.

While gender and sex are colloquially interchangeable, their has always been a nuanced difference between the two. Sex is exclusively biological, but gender is not and has never been such. Genders are ascribed to mechanical fasteners, plugs, and word classes, so it's nothing new or scary. Some cultures have a long established third gender as well, so the binary gender concept isn't even a cultural universal.

Sex: Whether you have a X or Y

this

Intersex people do exist, are born like that and often undergo (re)assignment surgery without their consent, sometime even without their parent's knowledge, precisely because of the biological sex binary that's so deeply ingrained in our societies. Assignment surgery is often done to make the child "fit in" the sex they were born "closest" to, but a lot of these children end up unhappy and start presenting as the opposite sex. In all cases, that is a non-necessary cosmetic surgery done without the person's consent, and a lot of intersex people rightly feel violated when they find out what was done to them. But I will admit intersex people are mostly fringe, and biological male and female is accepted as the binary by the overwhelming majority.

The gender concept was mostly created to dissociate biological sex from "mind sex", because some people do feel like men trapped inside women's bodies, and vice-versa. Some people feel like neither, some people feel like both. Just like sexual orientation, the brain's gender identity is thought to depend on a delicate hormone balancing while still inside the womb, at certain stages of pregnancy. And just like the 20th century LGB movement was fighting to dissociate the notion of biological sex from sexual orientation ("men love women" becoming "heterosexual men love women" and so on), the "gender movement" seeks to dissociate the notion of biological sex from gender identity. Neither concern many people: most people are straight, most people are cis. But for those who aren't it's easier to comprehend themselves because at least some part of society tells them "not all women love men", "not all men feel like they're men", etc. Yeah, college kids jump on the bandwagon because it's edgy and fashionable, but this isn't just thin air, gay and trans and intersex people exist, and they deserve to live.

There is only one gender, the Human Gender.

>Like, you are either born a male or a female, there is no extra gender.
So the whole world should just accept this as the truth because you said so?
>Just because you are born a man, feel like you are a woman inside, and you are a-sexual, it doesnt mean that you need a gender just for that feeling.
Why do you to feel entitled to tell other people what they need and what they don't?

>Have binary set of genders that is pretty much accurate for everyone
>Some fuck decides that minor deviations from the norm disprove the model entirely
>Proposed alternative is a clusterfuck

That's about it.

There is only one spectrum, the human spectrum.

I need all of your money, and your car.

true