How do I write female characters?

How do I write female characters?

By writing me all up in that ass.
(real answer: write a character before you consider its sex)

Firstly you think of a man then you give him a woman's name

>it's another thinly veiled /pol9k/ thread

Just have her make decisions based off emotion and not logic. Done.

By drawing from your experience with the women in your life. Or just go to a public place and casually observe interesting looking women for awhile and build a character based on the idiosyncrecies you are witnessing from them. I've done the latter and it strangely works.

You write a character, and then you make them a female.
In short, don't let them become who they are because they're a female, but because they're a character.

thanks a lot jerk, now i have to go jack off to twinks for the 3rd time today

Oh, hello, creator of story! Allow me to remind you of the only three possible ways to write a woman in anything! Because, trust me, you do NOT want to put any kind of effort at all into making a coherent fucking piece of fiction! That would be hard!

>option A, the princess: clumsy, unable to fend for herself, the princess is a real dumb cunt and, if not for the heroic actions of the hunky, handsome, totally-not-another-self-insert-guys MC, would most likely forget to wake up in the morning. Do not give her any more personality than a glass of water, or else she'll quickly unravel as a "woman" and become a "person" whose personality requires even MORE effort and thought to write and....
>option B, the cunty mary sue: think of Korra; a hyper-narcissistic, venomous, willfully ignorant, stubborn, one-dimensionally uncouth tomboy with HELLA grrrrl power, yo! Anything a man can do, she can do better, and with 30% more spunk!
>option C: the other cunty mary sue: tune into Linkin Park radio for this bad girl! She's melancholic, angsty, easily irritated, cold, and has a dark and mysterious past riddled with paternal abuse and maternal absence. She can take care of herself and she's quick to remind you of it! Her favorite hobbies are lurking, sulking, being irritated by nothing, being irritated by everything, hating men, and holding grudges.

I hope you learned a lot from this post. Now go out there and write the next great empowering, gynocentric, rip-roaring tour de force, you voice of our generation!

I'll allow it.

You're embarrassing

Follow this advice if you want to write mediocrity.

No, you.

Serious advice: Put on a dress. Imagine it suiting you and imagine going out in it for the day. Walk around your house or room imagining conversations and making feminine gestures.

It shouldn't be hard to write for a different gender, but there are social blocks that warn your imagination against stretching too much. This will help stretch it.

(Disclaimer: side effects may include sexual self-discovery, and subsequent social alienation. Use advisedly. I mean, plenty of great authors were nonetheless terrible at writing women, not to mention huge bundles of repression. Maybe leaving that door alone's not the worst idea? Do whatever.)

Ignore link; obv meant for OP

Shouldn't you be trying to rip off Pynchon right now Willy T.?

Kys, fag

Gender/sex isn't interchangeable like the MSM has conditioned you into thinking, you brainwashed degenerate.

>saying MSM unironically
holy fuck, the people that have claimed the word "cuck" are proving to be the closest to its new definition. the irony

What are you even talking about, brainwashed retard?

We are not cucks, because we're against interracial relationships which we find degenerate to the social well-being of the world.

Although the MSM want you to believe it's okay, we have seen through the deception through the redpill. It may be uncomfortable for you and the other useful tools, but we're not fucking afraid to go against political correctness. The truth shall never be concealed just to appease minorities. We know the truth, and we're here to tell you. Deal with it

Nicholas Nassim Taleb, can you please just take a holiday, for everyone's sakes?

I'm white, faggot

>shall
I almost believed you

PHAHAHAHA

this is good shit

It's easy OP, you just make her a kung-fu expert who also has a PhD in astrophysics and is beautiful and sought after by all men but not in a sexist or objectifying way. She has to have a high powered career but is also is always there for her kids because she's a great mom even though she's not married. When men aren't trying to take her out to the nicest restaurants or exclusive social events, they are always coming to her for advice whether it's about which stocks they should invest in or how to fix their car's transmission she always knows exactly how to solve their problems. She's an activist for social justice and black people think she's really hip and cool. In addition to her own biological children (which were made in vitro) she's also adopted several from third world countries who've all earned full scholarships to the most prestigious private schools.

Just follow this general outline and I guarantee your female character will be a big hit, trust me OP.

Kek at whatever emotional problem you have in your mind that makes interracial relationships such a trigger stimuli for you. This board used to be intellectual.

Go back to /pol/.

haha what a cuck

You just realized that women are childrenlike scumbags and there is no other answer, so you saw that there would be only that kind of comments coming in this thread, thus you wrote what you wrote there.

But it is the truth and you have hard time accepting it.

>t. virgen

your answer confirms my point, everytime the cucks do not have anything to say

try getting laid for once, loser lol

you need to understand women.

main points:

1. you are privileged relative to the male population but not aware of it and thus definitely not any happier for it
2. your life mainly consist of vying for social status with a balancing act of trying to be a model citizen
3. you view relationships with your girl friends and your boyfriends through an outsider's point of view. key question: how does this person reflect on me? (not to be simplified, it is possible to derive something positive out of every association provided you frame it the right way - associating with the poor and downtrodden speaks to your charitable character for example even though you might not have anything in common)
4. you are ultra competitive, in fact more so than your average man. but you are a "silent competitor". you know making your will known outright can be a counter-productive action as it relates to your model citizen persona and it is quite unfeminine. so you have to let your will be known subtly. for men you use your physical appearance and a damsel in distress behavior in order to get the response you want. for women you use neutral statements loaded with submeanings. those statements can be both spoken or physical (saying you are sick to your best friend and thus unable to meet up is such an example).
5. you are relatively unconcerned about the consequences of your actions on yourself or others. you want SOMETHING, though unlike men where it might be a house, a wife and a dog or a successful business, or similar, you do not have a defined end-goal. that something is instead an elusive emotional state of which you get glimpses of but never manage to achieve as a constant. your pursuit of this emotional state often results in wrecks around and inside you, but because you are so focused on that state, you believe yourself to be truly justified at excusing the collateral damage it causes because it is for a greater good and you know internally that you didn't really mean to cause trouble. thus all such damage is dealt with little remorse with the main preoccupation being that your image of a model citizen did not take too much of a hit.
6. that mirage of an emotional state thus has almost complete control over you actions.
7. this makes you secretly hate yourself
8. with the only possible solution being a complete submission to a strong male figure or God.
9. your entire life is a struggle as with increasing battle attrition accrued through the emotional state having control over your actions, the paradox of rightful submission leading to feminine freedom through the leadership of the masculine looms as the final answer.

Depends on your target audience. If you're writing for teen girls make your character headstrong,emotionally driven and lacking in the part of her brain that focuses on logic. Give her a pretty face bit plain body. If you're going to involve one boy make him be too affectionate of the girl. He also entertains all her whims and wishes and loves her unconditionally. If you're going to involve two,make one boy as stated above and make the other one more confident and laidback. He's the one who isn't direct about his affection for the girl and the one the girl is actually attracted to.
If you're writing for teen boys let the girl always be aware of her female body but let her behave like a teen boy.
If you're writing for older audience and would rather focus on the plot Don't really make the two sexes a whole lot different .
If you're writing drama for older females just make them excessively emotional.

Sex is our difference, gender roles shift with cultural norms. (It obviously does, dope)

So, obviously if OP is trying to write about something set in the past he has to siphon his female characters through the lenses of ultra-femme, timidity, submissiveness, conquered sex worker, etc. in order for them to seem authentic. But too much character in your females would lead too much focus away from the male leads. So I went with a cheat laugh.

Ah superior neanderthal halfies. mmmmmm

write her as an absolute irredeemable bitch. the worst type of person you can think of.

then have the main character fall in love with her. This is not a joke, she will be regarded as a strong empowered woman.

writers hate him

>not writing in an all male homosexual utopia setting

>gender roles shift with cultural norms

which is why there has never been a successful matriarchal society

top kek

Asuka a shit

Hella epic! xD

No.
Rei a shit

1. men are creators, women are just mere helpers
2. they are less autonomous beings, they rarely start anything and are always going with the crowd or with some carry
3. they behave more like social monkeys than men, they sometime do not have control over their insticts or I would say they are sometimes less self-concious

but do not blame them, they can't help themselves

Taleb is against interracial relationships?

Do your research. Put on a dress and high heels, then cram a dildo up your ass. Go about your daily routine like this and jot down anything that changes.

Currently I'm writing two short histories where the main characther is a girl. I don't even think about the sex, just write it like a boy.

If you want to write female characters then do it. Stay away from first person teenager female character since you die of boredom before even hitting 10k.

>he thinks the female sex can be reduced to wearing dresses and making gestures

They should be seen as an entirely different species. They only look similar to men, but it's just a disguise.

interracial relationships should be banned, desu.

Just walk up to as and start a conversation OP, we don't bite :)

>mother-wife (Mary, Tethis, Penelope)
>bitch (Odette de Crecy, Helen)
>priestess (Antigone)
Choose one or mix them if you want to make a troubled character. Pro tip: sisters (Raskolnikov's for example) are usually between the mother-wife type and the priestess type.

Obviously, by spending time getting to know a variety of women in a variety of ways.

Then you write a character who resembles some amalgamation of their mannerisms, preferences, reactions, etc.,.

This character will ultimately be a reflection of how you see women rather than an objectively feminine character, but that is okay, all literature reveals more about the author than anything else.

Nonsense. Men and women are fundamentally different on a variety of psychological and sociological levels.

That even goes without considering the varying complexities of daily life that come from living as a man versus living as a woman physically and as a member of society.

Simpletons, both of you.

Just think of a man and take away rationality and accountability

-From As Good as it Gets

>Helen
>bitch
Do explain.

Says the Westerner who would likely die to be in the arms of a Japanese woman.

Weab trash.

Have them call their friend bitch instead of cunt

For you

You done fucked up

Read books from the 1800s

Nice projecting

Like male ones except you make them think way, way less and get distracted easily

And fixate on horribly banal things like men would never do

That's literally it

Anna Karenina

This is good advice
impressive

Then take away reason and accountability

Your not writing a girl your writing a boy with a girl name. You literally admit this yourself, be embarrassed at your mediocrity to recommend it to others.

Make here a 7-8/10 skank who's a slob.

ITT: Virgins who don't actually understand women.

but what if I don't like talking to peoeple?

Imagine you had a mysterious power over other people...but they would never take you seriously even when they were groveling to you. That's what being a woman is like.

>gender roles shift with cultural norms
Wrong. Gender roles come directly from sex.

females of Veeky Forums. how close is this to being true?

Coming from a virgin who is pretending not to be a virgin on the internet. Fucking pathetic, buddy.

100%, that's why they're ignoring it

>we're against interracial relationships
>I can't find anyone from any race willing to fuck me

Get this shit off Veeky Forums.

Nah. This whole thread is a load of balls, my man.

For writing 3D female characters, the best advice is here:

Actually it's deduction.

If you use "desu" at the end of your sentences you're a weab, or worse, a moron who is imitating weabs without even realizing what culture he's appropriating.

If you're a weab, then you love all things Japanese, and since the vast majority of weabs fantasize over anime representations of Japanese women, or images of Japanese women, it was a fairly small leap to imagine that a person using a Japanese word at the end of their sentences (and yet is clearly not Japanese) would like to have sex with a Japanese person.

In the case that it's the latter, then you are a special type of moron who should not even bother himself with speaking, as there is no possible way that anything coming from his mind into the world could have anything beyond a comic, or obnoxious, effect.

You dumbass.

Obviously it's bullshit, are you retarded?

Hmmmmm.....

Well, I think you should work on that for your own personal benefit.

For your literary purposes, however, I would read books written by women, from the perspective of women. I would also watch films, written by women or marketed to women with great success, and analyze the female characters in these works.

Possibly also go people watching. I've never tried it, but maybe it actually works when the right person is doing it.

>women
>idiosyncrasies

>denial
Women lie to protect their position, even on the Internet.

All relationships are interracial.

There is no such thing as a pure, undiluted genetic stream.

Humanity has been forged through a never ending process of migrations, intermixing, and war - which usually ends in the appropriation of the losing side's women (and some men), followed by more intermixing.

Your so-called, "redpilledness," is an illusion brought on by your inability to escape the Matrix you have contrived to protect the fragile inner world you seek to uphold regardless of it's soundness or validity.

Although your kind opposes those from the "non-binary," and transgender movements for these same reasons, you are actually guilty of the same sorts of logical inconsistencies and a preference for fantasies custom tailored to your particular dysfunctions.

NOW THATS A REDPILL.

>Although your kind opposes those from the "non-binary," and transgender movements for these same reasons, you are actually guilty of the same sorts of logical inconsistencies and a preference for fantasies custom tailored to your particular dysfunctions.
Your post was good until this part

YOU CANNOT FUCKING CHANGE YOUR GENDER. THIS IS A FACT.

you do realize that there is a filter on this damned site that turns T.B.H into desu whenever you right the acronym right? I've been asking about this "desu" filter for a while but no one has addressed it.

Are you aware that we are posting on an anonymous image board

hownew.ru

>There is no such thing as a pure, undiluted genetic stream.
yeah, since we aren't clones. The genetic clusters are all easily identifiable, though. Usually even without lab equipment.

That's the funny thing, women lie even on anonymous image boards. Because even one more man learning the truth is damaging to them.

t. newfaggot

>If you use "desu"

get a load of this newfag, senpai desu

Christ

Damn, you should study biology or psychology before spouting 'facts' around.

Also, people don't change gender, they change sex.

>do not have control over their instincts sometimes
>meanwhile men apportion blame of the rape of women on themselves: she wearing a sexy outfit that accentuates her body in a way that men can't help but get turned on by.

Alright ill give your post a 4/10 but only because it at least started convincing.

>study biology and psychology to realize that you can change your sex/gender
No you really can't. If you support transfaggotry you're a special kind of liberal drone.

>implying men in the first-world blame rape on women and it's not just a feminist meme

Write them as male.
Remove reason and any trace of altruism.
There.

This

>weab

>Remove reason, any trace of altruism, and the penis.

FTFY, friendo.

That's quite some fantasy you've got there.

I said apportion blame: " Rape is a terrible irredeemable crime and the men who do it are shitbags BUT girls really need to not to dress like sluts when they go out to prevent themselves from getting raped"