Science is a form of slavery

When did you realize that science is the most unironically cucked career option available.

They promote Einstein to make you think that maybe someday you could contribute to society in a way that would make people like you.

All the benefits of science are given to the people who AREN'T doing science. New technology, AIDs treatment, consumer products etc.

A farmer gets to workout doors. A teacher gets to watch their students grow. Doctors get to see how much they make a difference to their patients.
Every job has appeals to them except science. If you slave away at equations enough you might benefit people who you don't know and who will never thank you.

How the fuck do people think that solving equations is the best thing in the world for them. You can never enjoy life as a scientist. Your always thinking about the future. You don't get to live in them moment.

All the people who don't do science get to live in the moment, enjoy life, let the millions of science-slaves slowly change and build the world around them.

Meanwhile you'll be solving the same problem for years and once your done with it; your only reward will be more problems.

I only wish I had known sooner so I wouldn't be in debt.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_sjMWAzZYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>don't do science goy!!! not worth it!!!

>make you think that maybe someday you could contribute to society in a way that would make people like you.
it's "contribute to society in a way that will benefit it"
you depressed selfish piece of shit
most of those people also do you something for you day in day out, and giving them better toold for it benefits you as well

>giving them better toold for it benefits you as well
Most likely won't make a difference to you while others get benefits.

If you think that's a good enough reason to stare at equations all day kindly reconsider.

let's all point at this cuck and laugh

but maybe I like my work and nobody in the industry will pay me for autistic research in theoretical computer science? I don't give a fuck whether society as a whole will benefit from my results

Software development is a cool industry, where you solve problems quickly and get to see them effect the world around you, whilst still getting the benefit.

>Most likely won't make a difference to you while others get benefits.
What the fuck does this even mean?
Are you not human or something?
Science improves everyday life, for everyone, including yourself.
Staring at equations, give me a fucking break, if you despise doing it, why is it your fucking job? Why aren't you droning in a office or behind a conveyor belt, breaking your back on a building site, plowing a field, prescribing drugs or putting out fires?

Software development isn't really a science but still I have a hard time believing that being surrounded by soulless pajeets all day would be someones first option in life.

What your solving in particular probably won't benefit you specifically. Science does improve everyday life but you would still get all these improvements if you were doing other than science like enjoying life.

>All the benefits of science are given to the people who AREN'T doing science.

Yeah, but the scientist gets paid to do that science. Similar to how the doctor does not benefit from curing another person, except for monetary compensation. That is why we have capitalism.

Doctor gets paid a lot more.
In a science career you spend a majority of your time isolated from people or with robots.

Science is presented as this wonderful thing in society. They show you beautiful pictures of the milky wave, say the best scientists are kids at heart.

They present science as a thing you would want to do with your life, like its only a bonus that you get paid.

To get paid so little for a soul crushing job is cruel.

Watching videos of people who aren't scientists; enjoying their lives with people who aren't broken like in science. It makes me regret my life decisions.
I choose to give my life up to serve society when I could of actually enjoyed life.
I was a bright young boy who was hoodwinked into becoming a public servant. I hope I can warn anyone who is still young to change careers.

youtube.com/watch?v=E_sjMWAzZYc

may Allah bring down all sorts of cancer upon you

>Doctor gets paid more
Well, doctors have better politicians by their side. Not surprise here, blame this broken system.

>science is presented as this wonderful thing in society
Science *facts* are presented. I've never seen any kind of mass media telling people they should be scientists. I think everyone, even people who make media, can agree that most people are too retarded for academia in general.

>workout doors

that's a new one

Civilization is a form of slavery. I thought everyone knew that already.

>grass is greener
You would have found a reason to be unhappy about being in any one of the other professions you listed.

>When did you realize that science is the most unironically cucked career option available.
Master in physics + joining your country's armed forces master race. You can still do theoretical research while serving your homeland

Dumb frogposter.

I get to get paid better than the average person while contributing to society working with intellectual peers away from the brainlet general public.

Dream career desu.

I am a superior autistic individual. I do not care about money or any outsiders' opinion. The only thing that matters to me is having fun at the expense of society. My job consists in lying through my teeth pretending that my research is even remotely important to secure grants, and this has been working pretty smoothly as of now. Don't be mad, dumb wagecuck goys. I'm God.

What field?

Theoretical condensed matter physics

>How the fuck do people think that solving equations is the best thing in the world for them

There's nothing like waking up at 6, and immediately hyperfocus on a problem that you have been working on last night and pass the day without even realising you've been working on it for 18 hours.

Nothing like math problems to dull the pain of an otherwise miserable life. Better than alcohol or drugs, even.

It's a kind of escapism. Nothing else matters any more but the subject in front of you and it's an abstract problem that doesn't deal with the bullshit of life.

>Not enough women in STEM fields

When did you realize farming is the most unironically cucked career option available.
They promote the noble working farmer to make you think that maybe someday you could contribute to society in a way that would make people like you.

All the benefits of farming are given to the people who AREN'T doing farming.
A scientist gets to work indoors, A teacher gets to watch their students grow. Doctors get to see how much they make a difference to their patients.
Every job has appeals to them except farming.

How the fuck do people think that growing food is the best thing in the world for them. You can never enjoy life as a farmer. Your always thinking about the future. You don't get to live in them moment.

All the people who don't do farming get to live in the moment, enjoy life, let the millions of farm-slaves slowly change and build the world around them.

Meanwhile you'll be sowing the same fields for years and once your done with it; your only reward will be more sowing.

I only wish I had known sooner but I was born into poverty and have to work the land I was given to be able to eat.

lol its fun you faggot get on our level probably salty you failed calc II

LOL

>A farmer gets to workout doors.
Some kind of door farmer?

That's just feminist propaganda directed at retarded women. Women so retarded they will never make it anyways.

If feminists and women are so determined to self detruct then so be it. Who cares.

>reddit spacing

>never get to see your ideas come to meaning or fruition

speak for yourself.

Science and engineering landed a man on the moon

Fuck you and your shitty opinions.
sincerely, America

Bump

Elaborate plz

How on earth does anyone, out of any profession, not have an existential dread inhibiting any rational thought?
Seriously I've been working on math and engineering for the past 6+ years, mostly self-taught, and the loneliness and isolation is killing me. Seems like no matter what I do or how hard I try, noone cares. Yet the guys who used to yolo throughout their 20s don't seem to be much worse off ... Did I fail life?

but you can farm for only yourself, which 90% of the population did not too long ago

It`s 2017, no one believes man landed on the moon. What kind of idiot are you.

I 100% agree user.

Science is for people that feel naturally inclined towards it, and enjoy doing it.

No you just need to make math friends and stop focusing so much on the work itself. If you can't keep up with your work while living a fulfilling life then you did mess up, but not much worse than most people do. Just find a different application for your skills.

But your real problem is probably just social skills and self confidence

>being a crop sciences major
>being fucked twice in this thread

At least I know what kills my plants on the DNA level. Yeah!