Why is Veeky Forums the most intellectually dishonest board?

Why is Veeky Forums the most intellectually dishonest board?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_charity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>as charitable as possible
sorry if you dont like cold hard facts and prefer them sugarcoated because your mother didnt love you but it's not my fucking problem.

you want an specific answer ask specific people snowflekin. dont go searching on Veeky Forums for your subjective answer and cry when the earth is actually round

I'd tell you, but the fact you had to ask shows that you're too much of a brainlet to ever understand.

Being charitable is not about being nice, it's about making sure you understand your opponents argument as well and as honestly as possible, so that you're not attacking a strawman they never meant.

apt to judge others leniently or favorably.
"those who were less charitable called for his resignation"
synonyms: magnanimous, generous, liberal, tolerant, easygoing, broad-minded, considerate, sympathetic, lenient, indulgent, forgiving, kind
"he was charitable in his judgments"

Nice try lemon pie

How ironic that you're right now demonstrating exactly why you should be charitable, because you have completely misunderstood my argument because you didn't spend enough time understanding it.

Charity is a word with a common sense meaning, which you quoted to try to disprove me. When you talk about being charitable in arguments, what's referred to is the Principle of Charity.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_charity

At least we can communicate somewhat. Look at the hilarious retardation that is /pol/ and you'll be happy with what we got.

So because you said something and understood it I should too? Perhaps you should be clear and succinct with your rhetoric instead of assuming people automatically will get what you are saying.

I think the psychological problem you deal with is theory of mind, are you autistic by chance?

>So because you said something and understood it I should too?
I would at least hope you take the time to try to understand what I mean, instead of doing what you did and instantly interpreting it in the least charitable way possible.

I've lurked on Veeky Forums for a few years. I spent most of my time on /b/ in the early days, went to /g/ spent a while there as well as Veeky Forums. Those two are my home boards and I was never sure I had anything to add here. I'm almost done with my degree now and for the last six months or so I've actually been posting here. I'm not sure I have much to actually add and so I try not to unless I believe I can truly add to the board.. I believe that the problem comes from /pol/, /v/, and dare I say /x/ users moving too quickly past lurking here. This board is slow and it should be. Those are my two cents.

/pol/ autism surely infects all other boards, but /v/ and /x/?

For its size, /v/ is incredible non-cancerous, and /x/ mostly keeps to itself. Almost never have I seen paranormal discussions being brought here.

>For its size, /v/ is incredible non-cancerous
Is this bait?

>For its size, /v/ is incredible non-cancerous

implying objective facts exist you absolute brainlet :^)

So everything is pol's fault?

>implying you even know what the word objective means, brainlet :^)

>not depicted: Final Ultimate Step (posting a smug anime face)

>Why is Veeky Forums the most intellectually dishonest board?
A lot of irrational, full of hatred and biased people post here, anti scientific attributes by definition.

>t. brainlet

>implying you even know what the word implying means, brainlet :^)

Maybe if you weren't such a brainlet you would know.

>/v/ is incredible non-cancerous

What did this newfag mean by this

>Everything

Sub 95 IQ /pol/tard detected

I believe you should learn to listen and understand others.

You seem to believe there is a single reality wich by coincidence, matches with your way of thinking.

I believe this attitude is not helpful in any scientific context.

>"/v/ is incredible non-cancerous"
>reddit spacing
most reddit post on Veeky Forums atm

You're begging the question, brainlet.

I would explain it to you if your brain could handle it.

The great men of past centuries would deem you an uncouth upstart

Veeky Forums is the only board that argues good

If we're honest I think we all knew it's only bitter balltards who could be this needlessly unpleasant on a Myanmarese cloth weaving board.

Autism

Well the chart in the OP IS a meme that originally came from /v/ and is being forced here since then. /x/ is borderline retarded, but not really cancerous. Their threads aren't really that bad here.

i really must have upset some people when i suggested you cant always expect people to waste time trying to understand you and then waste more time typing out a nice answer, but then again i dont have mommy problems

>to intelligent to be honest