MODAFINIL - EFFECTIVENESS

What causes me to experience such a big response from Modafinil, Veeky Forums?

>Be me
>Super lazy and task avoidant
>Apathic most of the time
>Take Modafinil 100mg
>1 hour later I am on another world in terms of focus, capacity to visualize, plan and work. I genuinely feel like someone completely different.
>I do more work in 5 hours than what I've done in the last 2 months
>Constantly realizing tings I didn't quite get before
What's wrong with my baseline state that a drug would change me up so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09638288.2016.1236414
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lots of dopamine

Modafinil itself doesn't bind to dopamine receptors, but for some reason it causes a pretty large uptick in "natural" dopamine production.

How did you get Modafinil?

Rounds like me and ADHD meds. Dunno how tolerance is with modafinil, but you might have realized what I did, that a magic pill in fact can make a lot of problems go away

duckdose.org

>Dunno how tolerance is with modafinil

Cycling 4 days on, 3 off seems to keep it working just fine, considering I only take 100mg instead of the ''normal'' 200mg is pretty good.

Prescription, 30 bucks worth lasts me 3 months.

I hear some people don't experience anything from it, but to me is such a strong effect, it's not just the focus and motivation either, it's almost a shift in consciousness and perception. It's like I can ''see'' a lot more while on it, not just in terms of making realizations but just how I see the world around me, so much 3D space compared to my baseline. Really hard to explain.

-
Man, if I was like this in my baseline life would be so much better all the time. The difference in productivity is staggering.

>tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09638288.2016.1236414

Maybe this is why I benefit so much from Modafinil, is because there's indeed something off with me. Not sure what exactly, I grew up with Insomnia, maybe that's got something to do with it..?

Can adrafinil do this too?

New to the thread.

Yes, since adrafinil gets metabolized into modafinil. Though, the only question I'd like to have answered is whether adrafinil is perfectly and reliably metabolized into the active form (modafinil) in a 1:1 ratio.

Pertaining to it's mechanism of action, modafinil binds weakly to NET and DAT receptors on dopaminergic/noradrenergic neurons, inhibiting them from re-uptaking released dopamine/norepinephrine, hence increasing the extracellular levels of these transmitters.

Fun fact; the R-enantiomer of modafinil (Armodafinil I think is what its referred to as) has greater NET/DAT binding affinity than does the S-enantiomer.

If it was mere Dopamine and N-Epinephrine causing this effect, why don't I get the same feeling on Adderall or any other stimulant? Yesterday I meditated while under the effects, and the mental clarity was one of the best I've experienced in my life, I reached such a state of calmness and focus I began to see really uncomfortable truth about reality.

Op here back again, I can't believe it's been six hours since my last post. Been doing nothing but work.

This stuff is amazing.

Armodafinil is stronger but it's designed for armenians

So it's more effective in Armenians? Never heard of that before.

Does anyone have any experience with duckdose? I'm skeptical about the legality and I don't want my savings stripped away by Pajeet for his toilet shrine.

you might just be experiencing the plicibi effect

So I know looking at wikipedia is bad for sources, but reading the entry on adderall implies to me that adderall has much more direct effects on dopamine release than modafinil.

I think a distinction can be made that adderall is going to actually influence the release (as well as the reuptake) of dopamine, whereas modafinil only functions to change the reuptake. So, I guess you can take as much modafinil as you desire, but the potency won't change if dopamine/norepinephrine isn't being released to begin with.

Contrasting with adderall, it has the power to both facilitate dopamine release as well as inhibit dopamine reuptake.

What's duckdose friendo

Poo in the loo's selling modafinil online. There is a lot of shilling for it online, but it seemed shady.

I've wanted to try modafinil because I really liked Adderall, but didnt want the bad super fast hearbeats that it gave me sometimes. Or the lack of sex drive.

I've been 4 months on it, and the effect is not subtle at all. It's like I just woke up from a life of being nothing but a half-sleep robot, there's so much awareness of my surroundings that walks in nature are truly one amazing experience, there's just so much to see and so much focus, seeing the little details in everyday things is astonishing.

It's also scary as fuck to realize I am just another variable that's capable of seeing and analyzing other variables. It's making me feel a bit disassociated with myself, desu. But it's so easy to pay attention, meditation is very easy so I don't have any anxiety about it.

Hijacking this thread: anyone know how to reduce the half-life of modafinil? It works really well for me, but the problem is that it sticks around in my system for way too long and screws up my sleep schedule for the next few days. The disruption ends up cancelling out the benefits.

If there was a modafinil-like drug that metabolised faster (like 8 hours or so) it would be fucking perfect.

>engineering student
>distracted easily and follow trains of thought for too long sometimes (which can fuck with grasping a string of concepts for example) but have been overcoming that for the past year or so, highly doubt I have ADHD
>gf's friends order stuff from the deepweb a lot so ask them to score me and her some mod
>receive the modalert 200mg tablets
>usually take a whole tab upon waking up on a study day
>shit gets me wired a bit but very good for just concentration and doing work with a clear goal
>also disrupts my speech a bit, i sound like i'm doped or something
>if i'm not studying it makes me kinda hyper, gf said the same about her
>no need for my morning coffee, mod keeps me relatively fresh for the entire duration
>body temperature goes up quite a bit and it gets me quite dehydrated too

Other than those side effects i dont feel anything bad, i've done ritalin before and that shit is much more powerful but more like cocaine than anything else, gets me way too hyper mentally so I would prefer mod.

Inb4 gf => normie

Op here, I take Melatonin to aid sleep while on it. Works just fine for me.

>>also disrupts my speech a bit, i sound like i'm doped or something

Does the same thing to me too, funny.
--

I'll be leaving soon to sleep, it's been a really productive day on Modafinil. Went through 7 hours worth of lectures taking notes and doing exercises, going to sleep is the worst part about it. Melatonin helps, but everytime I start to fall into sleep while on Moda, I get these intense out of body experiences with really strange thought patterns and disassociation.

Not sure if that's the drug's doing or just my psyche, desu.

I get all of the above mentioned effects (alertness, dehydration) but I also get the most unique smelling shits. Anyone else?

Since I take adrafinil, I get smelly piss. It's a side effect to one of the metabolites being sulfurous in nature, I believe.

Good morning lads, OP here again. I just woke up and I am off to jog + dosage with Modafinil. Hoping for another very productive day.