Are you afraid of Ai replacing you ?

Im studying engineering management and I always thought my job will be safe and only the plebs have to fear it but after

youtube.com/watch?v=2Pc4HhhW0Xo

and some other sources im kinda scared

I actually planed on specialize in finance and strategic management
but in only, give or take, 15years these fields should be the domains of Ai or NW´s
Especially the stockexchange sector will be off limits

Engineering will also be nothing for humans anymore since neural networks that we have TODAY can construct stuff better ( with enough data)

Did i fell for the stem meme ;_;
was /g/ right ?

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/exam-guide/cfa-level-1/fixed-income-investments/arbitrage-free-valuation-approach.asp
investopedia.com/terms/c/cash-and-carry-arbitrage.asp
girlsreleased.com/#set/45105
research.google.com/pubs/papers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sauce?

>sauce?

No >:/ stop objectifying women
and answer my questions

She looks like Justin Bieber from when he was a teen

fuck, can't unsee

Nothing has changed; before it was worry about people replacing you and now it's A.I. We are all replaceable OP the system is heartless.

>system is heartless
but befor you get overthrown you can accumulate power and influence so you become part of the system user
with AI in that equation you wont event get to that point

You were never not replaceable, user.

That's not a women

It doesn't matter. I would fuck her/him anyway.

Looks like a woman to me. If this is the result of surgery, I am very impressed.

>Engineering will also be nothing for humans anymore

My field, Civil Engineering, requires humans and I'll explain why. The law states that when building a road, building or anything really that, if poorly designed, could endanger the public you MUST have a professionally licensed engineer review and approve the construction plans. A human is required by law to sign off on everything in order to reduce the risk to the public.

a lot of things will change when AI exceeds our intellect and having a job will be the least of our problems at this stage, believe me.

>are you afraid of Ai replacing you ?
No, I'm looking forward to the day AI will finally put us out of our misery, in fact I am actively working towards such a goal.
t. autistic CS fag

AI isn't even real lol

>Will you become worthless cattle to the new techno-feudal lords?
Yes, but this is a good thing because that's what you deserve, and that's your position in life. I know because of the image you posted.

Why do you believe that the law will stay the same in the future?

>because of the image you posted

did it made you remember that you will never feel the warm embrace of a female user ?

Because laws don't change that quickly, and AI replacing stuff is a huge change, in which there will be a lot of resistance to it

> but in only, give or take, 15years these fields should be the domains of Ai or NW's
I don't know really. I mean, my thesis is about the applications of AI and sophisticated algorithms in finance, but finance and strategic management sometimes can pull out some much bullshit that it's inconceivable.
An AI has the problem that it's a black box and can't explain what hypothesis or reasoning has applied in order to reach to a certain decision, which for stocks arbitrage it isn't a really big flaw, but in management you should explain to the CEO what models you have applied and why in order to maintain the appearance of competence.

It's a quite interesting topic and I work as hard as possible in order to earn a shitload of money while others are fired, but I believe that the scenario which you present won't happen anytime soon. I mean, Volkswagen can already fire a lot of manual workers and use machines, yet a lot of people still work there because of the pressure from labor unions.

> but finance and strategic management sometimes can pull out some much bullshit that it's inconceivable.

can you give an example? I'm studying AI and economics and if everything goes wrong I was considering going to the field.

What kind of techniques are you using?

My impression was that AI in finance was mostly just signal classifiers at this point.

Are you doing an easily automatable job, like handling and stamping papers? Then yes.
Are you doing a job that requires complex practical work, or a high degree of creative thinking? Then no.

For finance you can consider the Discounted Cash Flow analysis for pricing a firm. A problem of this method (one of the most used and respected, mind you) is that you have to estimate a lot of variables, really a lot (revenue, costs, amortization and depreciation, general costs, taxes, etc.) which is difficult since you must do an analytical analysis for future values. Since doing an analytical analysis for the future values is difficult, usually the firms do an accurate analysis for the first five years and after that they make some general hypothesis for using a model for calculating a terminal value. What's the problem? More than 70% of the price of a stock is determined by the terminal value, which was calculated with some hypothesis of the analyst. Since I went to a scientific high school this kind of approach was a shock for me.
Cont.
As an example:
investopedia.com/exam-guide/cfa-level-1/fixed-income-investments/arbitrage-free-valuation-approach.asp
investopedia.com/terms/c/cash-and-carry-arbitrage.asp
But really, I'm not so arrogant to believe that I can implement all of this by myself. In order to create a successful system you should have some good statistical/mathematical knowledge, top computers and a really efficient code in order to do everything in basically an instant. For example the biggest investment banks use algorithms that find, analyze and make the order of the stocks in just a a few milliseconds. Sure, an average firm doesn't have the capital to buy all the computers and competences required to do this things, but it shows you just how useless a human can be in this kind of fields.
As for the techniques, I've listed arbitrage techniques simply because they are conceptually easy, but difficult to apply and I admit that the prospect of a sure gain is attractive since in the market you should gain money only if you take some kind of risk (systematic risk to be accurate).

Strategic management isn't my main area of expertise, but what I studied in my university wasn't really attractive. There are a lot of moments when you have to quantify abstract elements like the reputation of a firm which you do with proxies like the customer satisfaction index (if the clients are happy, they will buy your products and talk well to their acquaintances about you) and I don't really find it a scientific approach.

Sorry for my ranting. If you're really interested in the field, the advanced stuff is intriguing, but if you're in for the money, know that investment banks hire even people with a degree in English, so you can pursue a simple degree in CS.
Before I go to sleep I'll tell you a particular sentence from Isaac Newton:
“I can calculate the movement of stars, but not the madness of men.” (he lost a lot of his wealth playing stocks)

MOre concerned with replacing that underwear with my face desu

Why would you worry about that? If anything, when AI reaches that point, you'll be living on welfare doing whatever you want. That stuff will get automated soon enough, so I suggest you switch to funding/working on ageing research so you can contribute to something else that will make a difference.

>implying that a problem

I study psychology (more so neuro) with a math minor

Am I equipped for a AI ridden future?

No, the government will take care of us if that even happens in our lifetime. There is just no way to tell from this point if we will move to a post-work society where everyone get's a liveable income, what the implications would be, what rules and beliefs we would follow, or if more jobs will actually be created from all the automation of tedious labor and other relatively trivial tasks we find in this current age.

That's basically the issue.

There will always be "high-society" and various desirable, "collectible" things will still exist. After the transition, however, it will be impossible to elevate yourself into that strata.

Finance is safe because it makes absolutely no sense for anyone but the biggest autists to want to interact with AI rather than businesspeople when they want to finance something.

Just give me my robowhore.

Doubt it, i'm an automation engineer.

>Im studying engineering management
>engineering management

So Business?

>engineering management
a bullshit meaningless degree that is absolutely worthless when trying to find employment

>a bullshit meaningless degree that is absolutely worthless when trying to find employment
>absolutely worthless when trying to find employment
>find employment

How is your autism degree going user ?

I study in germany its literally 60% of the normal machine engineering courses and 60% of the Business ones

moar here

> girlsreleased.com/#set/45105

why did my boner go away when I realised it's a woman

because you're an engineer.

Jobs that will be replaced in 15 years at most:
taxi and truck driver, everything in logistics

In 20 years:
doctors, nursing, software development, large scale construction, nearly every manufacturing job, lawyers, most management jobs, financial consultation

In 30 years:
psychological consultation, all teaching jobs, child care/raising, all remaining management jobs, politics, military, police ambulance and emergency response, all sales jobs, etc

I am willing to argue about this, if you have a different oppinion. Will lurk for some time.

>1994

The weirdest thing to me about this pic is the fact that it's a square. It doesn't look like a square to me.

>"that fast"
They will still change

>A Modern Approach From A Time When Computers Could Not Identify Images, Recognize Faces, Perform Any Meaningful Natural Language Tasks, Beat Humans At Chess; Nor Was There Any Meaningful Interest In Artificial Neural Networks Because People Confusedly Thought That They Were Linear Classifiers And Back Propagation Was Too Expensive

Pretty good chance you're the one unfamiliar with the field, friendo

I don't think so. I don't believe that any of that will be replaced at all. To me, "AI" is nothing but a fad/cool buzzword. Deep learning, neural networks, self-evolving algorithms, are all real, but their application is extremely restricted. People will say that I'm shortsighted, but I feel like they've been meme'd by this idea. I don't understand how they don't see the great amount of things humans are amazing at, and way cheaper (specially considering there are more humans nowadays than ever before).

I have no worries -- natural stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

This is so high res I can smell her pussy

Bro, you really think AI or robots would make more effective teachers and child raisers in 30 years?? I could see some of these things working in tandem with humans, but the public majority would ever allow things like an automated police force, for one.

*never* allow things

for the love of God MOAR

>public
>allow

The police are a public entity. And of course the police unions would fight it. Do you think they often lose?

Wait she's on elephants this entire time? I've seen this pic so much but never noticed the actual elephants. The hell

maybe the magic scifi novel AI that thinks and feels like a human
but thinking and feeling like a human is pretty unneccessary
you don't need that shit to replace people's jobs
you just need a smart programmer to come up with a good algorithm

>lawyers
huh?
i mean maybe you can have a program writing boilerplate contracts and shit

but trial lawyer is a social job
you're trying to convince a jury made of stupid humans about something

>missing the point

It's not about learning the latest algorithms but what AI algorithms look like in general. All the Hollywood bs magic people have in their heads about AI will disappear once they realize AI is nothing more but programming tricks, heuristic, and gambling on statistics.

There are many kinds of tasks in law, appearing in court is a tiny fraction. In the case of business law the job of the attorney is to keep the client clean and make sure you do not appear in court, Proactive is not a cliche. Appearing in court means most likely someone was insufficiently proactive. Criminal law is of course completely different.

A huge part of legal work is docketing and discovery. It is a pain and takes time and is a major factor in driving cost through the roof. Everyone hates it. Everyone would like to simplify it. Some software is appearing but we are nowhere near a solution yet.

In a law firm with 50 attorneys you have 1 - 3 in reception/switchboard, 2 - 5 in docketing, 25 - 100 assistants/paralegals, 2 - 10 secretaries/administrators etc. The potential for AI is big even before you start cutting in the number of attorneys.

t.Patent attorney
(Oh, and just about once a week I get a telephone from India, with offers of outsourcing assistance)

research.google.com/pubs/papers.html

Google is currently at the forefront of AI. You should check out their scientific papers on Machine Intelligence.

/thread

>those nipples
what did she mean by this?

What does that book have to say about Wasserstein GANs or Siamese networks?
>Modern Approach

hnnggggggg

thanks sir
is it bad that I'm actually upset that this thing isn't in my grasp at this very moment. I can almost feel how song the skin is.

soft** the skin, fuck

You were always at risk of being replaced. Everyone has since the industrial revolution.
The key is to keep learning and finding new ways to make yourself hireable. Look for new fields and jobs that currently don't have a risk of
being replaced and teach yourself how to do that job. You'll be fine if you do

thx for the input

have an other picture of a fertile female to satisfy your lower cognitive desires

same here brah
call me

Veeky Forums poster