Meta threa

how do we fix intellectual one-up-manship on this board?

ban all leftists, force everyone to take the redpill

We don't, that's the whole point of it.
I don't have the balls to call people plebs IRL so I come here to shitpost and feel superior to my peers

If we lose that, we might turn in to /tv/ and nobody wants that.

Half the board now is autistic "ironic" shitposting about how great things like Harry Potter are so it's not much better as it currently is.

>he still thinks one-upmanship is bad
One day, when you're a little more experienced, you'll understand the benefits of intellectual dickwaving.

ban plebs like you so we few Ubermenschen can discuss literature in peace

The board would have to collective age ten uears

Why would we want to do that. The real problem is the meme trilogy as a supposed ceiling of greatness.

>It's pretty clear that Stendahl set the tone for 19th century character portraits in the Romantic tradition.
>Perhaps, but Sir Walter Scott's less elite method of portraying individuals by their acts in a beautifully crafted narrative is far more comfy and effective
> HURR JOYCE DFW
>*conversation collapses*

t. hasn't read any of these four authors

Yeah because reading Ivanhoe and Rob Roy is so hard, and Stendhal doesnt have two great and easily readable novels. And its idiotic to think that every new person to this board doesnt immediately go to DFW and find either no discernible talent, or that they are easily swayed by group memes.

if you were baiting due to the thread by attempting some patrician one-up-manship, I salute you, 10/10

What I hate the most is the reddit-tier passive agressive smugness. As long as we don't stoop to that I think we're good.

>tfw to smart too compete with Veeky Forums brainlets

What are you talking about? You mean there might be something wrong with just sitting in your little bubble, snidely sniping at random normies and circlejerking about how bad DFW is? *No*. /s

:^)

By accelerating the ageing process of users.

I dunno, I used to posturize on matters a lot in my younger days because I thought intelligence was cool, ya know. Gotta show off and be the top dog of the internet. Little did I know the older I got the more I realised people don't give a monkey's shoeshine about that, and that it's better to educate others without belittling.

I should probably go to Reddit but I don't like the formatting.

>not brain/lit/s
FUCK, how did I miss this?

>tfw 30
>delete most of my comments before I post

Enforce a ban on Joyce, Wallace, Pynchon for starters. Anyone who mentions them or any of their writings gets banned. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Banned.

Block American users and all your problems will go away.

This

t. Boris

This, seriously.

>babby can't handle the memes

Fuck off, newfag