ITT: We discuss the Bible

ITT: We discuss the Bible

Faith without works is dead, and the Bible proves it time and time again

Anything on the contrary is simply incorrect

Greatest book ever written

Agreed, user.

Romans 2:6-7
>For [God] will render to every man according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life...

Just recently I was gifted a copy of the New American Bible edition. How does it hold up to the King James one?

Top book, lad. Which version do you lot read? I'm a fan of the King James Bible

>4 posts without a fedora lord
Is this a new record Veeky Forums? I'm actually proud.

it's worse

KJV is overrated though

>it's worse

How so, mein Freund?

>not reading the bible in original bronze age hebrew

>not reading the bible in the original ancient greek translation

>Faith without works is dead

Yes, because faith without works really isn't faith
Faith, of the kind this verse is talking about, inevitably leads to good works
The example par excellence of having 'faith' without works is the devil, who clearly a) believes about God and the gospel and b) doesn't respond with good works
It is still the faith that saves, not the works

>OT
>Greek
LXX does not count

Hi OP, I'm apparently taking an interest in reading the Ecclesiates. I really like the tone of its modesty. It's much preferable for me compared to Proverb. Do you have any recommendation for the book from bible that has similar tone?

I am an Indonesian and after reading the KJV version it got much better. I am looking the modest, earthly and nihilistic tone book from the bible. Care to give me recommendation?

attention: this is a shitpost

>everything I don't agree with is a shitpost

Grow up, kid. It's time to leave your safe space

There are many books in the bible. Which one is the greatest? Why is it Job?

What kind of discussion thread is this?

Will we actually criticism it and realistically talk about it from a historical point of view or will this merely turn into a christian safe space thread where anybody who doesn't like the Bible will be dismissed with Fedora memes and such, regardless of the insight that he brings.

Looks like I have my answer.

>Will we actually criticism it and realistically talk about it from a historical point of view
What's stopping you?

But muh sola fide.

It's at odds with sola scriptura. Take your pick.

I think he was saying that his own post was a shitpost.

My favourite part was the bit with the unicorn

Fedora memes.

*tips*

Jews really are foul creatures

DUDE REVELATIONS LMAO

Yeah, so I actually have a question. I was reading Exodus on chapter 32 when I ran into verses 25-30. Could someone put it into a better context for me? So far it just looks like people running around killing each other.

Sola fide only teaches that faith is the "alone instrument of justification," with justification being defined as the forensic declaration of a person as righteous before God. It does not exclude the necessity of works in salvation, but understands them to be a part of sanctification, which is the process whereby a person's obedience and love towards God increases throughout their life. Works do not save you in the sense of making you righteous before God.