Who are smarter? Engineers or Doctors?

Who are smarter? Engineers or Doctors?

Well, one of them is a glorified auto mechanic, the other is an Engineer.

Engineers. Doctors just memorize shit and doing only that for years shrinks your brain.

How the fuck are you supposed ride the top one, it looks sickly and malnourished

neither.
t. art history major

Ypu cheeky fuck.

doctors are greedy bastards who dont give a shit if their patients live or die, as long as they don't get sued. They routinely overmedicate and misdiagnose people, and have zero creativity and ingenuity.

Doctors. Engineers just memorize shit and doing only that for years shrinks your brain.

Kek

I don't know who is smarter but getting into medicine is like the end-game where I live while literally half the population are engineers.

>Doctors just memorize shit and doing only that for years shrinks your brain.
In which country is this true??

im studying mech eng and the only course i had to mindlessly memorize stuff was german course

medicine is where potentially smart people go to get dumbed down to the level of a medieval peasant.

engineers weren't good in the first place.

Physician here. With pain in my heart I'd have to say engineers.
Funny.

They're different types of intelligence. Once's a holistic knowledge of the ins and outs of how a system works, the other is how to apply a few principles to predict how a system would react. Two different types of knowledge desu

Whole lotta engy butthurt in here.

If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't know how to deal with the fact that I'm still being bossed around by the highschool jock, except he has an mba now.

Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll get a very nice wife at ~30 or so, all ready to commit and settle down.

>is X or Y smarter?
>"neither"
>"art history major"

Oh it shows.

So where do you live?

Meet your new doctor

Wew

Both Engineers and Doctors can be extremely close minded individuals despite supposedly being smart professionals.

Both have a tendency to believe in crackpot theories, regarding any given topic.

Both are the kind of fields you go into, if you don't want to question yourself and what you were taught to believe in.

How do you mean the last part? Or what are you contrasting that to, and what do you think doctors and engineers were taught to believe?

Uhh just to be honest here, the real intelligent people are the ones who don have to go to work everyday and make money in their sleep. I don't care if you are an engineer or doctor chances are yous still work for someone.

Doctors are at the top of society next to lawyers.
Look at freemasonry, many of them studied Law or Medicine.

Thus, doctors tend to be more intellectual (humanist) and read more Veeky Forums-tier books. At least the wiser ones. Average doctor just memorize shit without truly understanding the core of the subject.

They don't know shit about the true scientific mindset. Calculus looks like wizardry to them. They won't ever develop the cognitive skills that many STEM's have.

Brainlets.

Both will find a job after uni unlike pure math autists.

Is there a country where this isn't true?

>t. not an engineering student

>Start off wanting to be a MD
>Want to help people and advance understanding of disease and biology
>Two years into BS degree realize that doctors just see patients, don't really advance knowledge
>Switch to Chemical and Biological Engineering and Biology dual major
>Graduate with honors, straight As last three years, four publications, one first author
>Get accepted to top 5 bioengineering PhD
>Extended family says "don't worry, getting into medical school is tough. It's not for everyone. Not everyone can do it"

Bioengineer currently in med school here.

I think it's a trade off. Engineers have to have much more critical thinking than doctors, but doctors have to know much much more than engineers and algorithms/treatment protocols for many things. Glad I did BioE before going to medical school, knowing how to code in MATLAB got me a research position on day 1.

Doctors. GPA is proportional to intelligence.

There are a fuckton of Engineers and MDs that believe in stupid shit, just because they were raised that way and never questioned it.

Think retarded political or economic ideologies, creationism, "fluoride in the water is making your children gay" conspiracies...etc Just the kind of thing you don't expect an educated professional to believe in.

I think there's even a joke lecture online by some physicist who is just him reading our crackpot theories from these kinds of people and most of them are engineers or MDs, though mostly engineers.

>Major in Communications
>4.0

>Major in Physics
>3.5

>Therefore Comm student is smarter than physics

Nice bait.

>misquotes infowars

Opinion discarded, brainlet.

Tell them to suck big fat dicks. You're gonna be a PhD. You owe nothing to society in terms of intellectual achievement.

You sound enlightened as shit, senpai.

Thanks mate. They don't know about academics.

fuck them. They don't know what they are talking about

What is it that I see? People agreeing and supporting each other? No insults or bullying? Where am I, reddit?

>implying mechanical engineering real engineering

Literally my moms mentality
>wow user, I'm paying for your tuition so you can get A's, not Bs.
>mom I'm studying electromagnetics, I study every day and never take more than an hour off every week
>user, if its that hard then you should take an easier major and leave the hard stuff to the professionals. I have a masters in english and I got all As. You dont have an excuse.
>my grandmother has this mentality too
>My family is a group of retards.

what idiots

It genuinely depends on the person.

A lot of people that go into medicine from biochem or chem are genuinely smart, and don't rely on memorization. It's the physiologyfags that memorize shit instead of knowing the mechanistic cause and effect relationship of chemical interactions, system theory, and the many physical, mathematical, and chemical analyses required to know in-depth how the human body (and biological systems) work at large.

I'm a bit biased because I'm a chemfag, but I've found engineers and physicsfags sometimes are the kind that claim not to memorize, but in reality they just memorize the equations, and plug and chug, and claim "But I'm still doing the calculations".

A better question:

Who are smarter? Scientists or Mathematicians?

The answer is C because that's what caused the fire.

the question is what would be the most dangerous while the fire is happening

nigger

Both are mechanics. The one who sees that first can master both with ease.

Depends on the type of Engineer and Doctor. The ones who wouldn't be a doctor or engineer if all positions paid 60k a year (e.g. are only in the career to tell people they're an engineer/doctor) are equally fucking stupid. Jonas Salk and Arthur Rubin are probably equally intelligent. The majority of people in either profession are attracted to the money and thus don't care about understanding and are therefore stupid fucks.

Let the bitterness of failing calculus flow through you, brainlet.

It's counterintuitive to memorize information desu. I'm not a medical doctor or engineer, but as a biochemist, rote memorization of metabolic pathways just doesn't work.
Most pathways intertwine, localizing a culprit would rely on identifying the primary metabolic abnormality and its subsequent cascade of events.
For this reason, I don't feel doctors just memorize a body of facts.

I work in pharmaceuticals though, and many newer PharmD's are really bright, the older staff pharmacists seem to have forgotten their knowledge base and don't seem to know mechanisms as well.

A, isn't it?

the presence of fire doesn't imply death
the inability to escape it does
brainlet pls go

i like the pic, because in the end they're all peasants.

this

but engineers are better at sucking dicks so i rank them higher

Greediness has nothing to do with intelligence (or lack thereof), brainlet.

>reading this thread
>tfw studying dental surgery

>There are a fuckton of Engineers and MDs that believe in stupid shit like "global warming", just because they were raised that way and never questioned it.

>Think retarded political or economic ideologies, evolutionism, "being gay isn't a choice" conspiracies...etc Just the kind of thing you don't expect an educated professional to believe in.

>I think there's even a joke lecture online by some physicist who is just him reading our crackpot theories from these kinds of people and most of them are engineers or MDs, though mostly engineers.

>not intelligent enough to find the easy way out
>intelligent

whatever you need to get to sleep at night, senpai, but at the end of the day you just couldn't hack it in med school.

doctors "practice" medicine, engineers dont practice.

Fuck off nerd.

There you get bullied.

ITT: butthurt engineers that weren't accepted into med school so had to compromise by studying engineering

stop posting these threads /sci isn't for deciding who is smartest and calling people brainlet

The only smart doctors are those that work in research.

That's not intelligent at all. Less effort and less reward equals less production and achievement. That's what's called a failure.

do you want your doctor to tell you "It might be cancer though" to literally everything?

I've seen a similar trend. as my bs progresses I see the content is not valued/understood, just repurposed for a test.

same representative sample.

debating on going chem-eng

*small rep samp

Yeah, my mom was kinda the same way.
>"Why can't you get a part time job during school, Anons son works full time and goes to school full time."
>"I'm taking 19 credits this semester, with all engineering courses and biology course, I don't have time for that. He's a communications major, I'm chemE"
>"So what?"

ChemE isn't too bad, just have to work hard. Lots of opportunities at the M.S. / Ph.D level in biotech / pharma