>social engineering

LEGO...

cotton picking

EE

>muh laplace
>muh fourier
>muh truth tables
It is probably one of the easiest degrees out ther

Whatever engineering field made that brutal killing machine in the OP would probably be it.

Chemical engineering

Materials Engineering

Designing pens.

*penis
typo

Is Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering better?

/thread

Nuclear>every other engr>physics>maths

Having girls in your major is better than both of them.

Industrial Engineering

>go yellow jackets

If you are talking about degrees, then ChemE, EE, MechE and Civil are the best. This is pretty much already settled. Now if are asking about fields of study, then it's control theory.

t. sociology grad working in HR

>If you are talking about degrees, then ChemE, EE, MechE and Civil are the best.
this

>then it's control theory.
it's matter taste really but control engineering is one of the best imo

Genetic engineering

meme fields

I would choose EE desu. It has a much broader range of jobs to enter and covers many more topics than computer engineering

>genetic engineering
>meme field

What do you mean by this user?

niche fields that seem glamorous/sexy/interesting but are an absolute bitch in terms of competitiveness, mobility, and other opportunities.

nuclear has the lowest job satisfaction of any engineering field.

Oh. Yeah, I get what you mean there. I'm just a biofag incredibly interested in gene engineering, and genomics in general, so doing endless repetitive PCR tests, and endless CRISPR trials is kind of satisfying to me.

It is saturated with fags who don't give a damn about the science and think it sounds cool, to the point they complain all the time about how repetitive and boring it is. They can fuck right off.

Mechanical
>t.Mechanical

>nuclear has the lowest job satisfaction of any engineering field
I wonder if that is b/c of high government regulation and involvement that results in an industry with lots of bureaucracy
t. user with a relative high up in the DOE that absolutely hates government b/c they've worked in it for so long

ChemE

>What is the GOAT engineering field?

High energy physics.

CFD

you gotta combine civil, engineering physics, and chemical engineering to be well-rounded

yehhhh uh that doesn't make any fucking sense

why? you can't devise energy systems without knowing combustion, you can't know combustion without chem, you need to be able to ship resources

the other side of this is biological engineering
both god tier
both necessary

financial engineering

Aero

Control systems is just one part of EEE. Transistors require QM etc and can be quite difficult.

Nuclear is a dying industry

OUTLAW ASSAULT GOATS!

EE

>more nuclear engineers than ever
>one of the lowest unemployed rates of any major and some of the highest pay of any major.
>World wide funding back on the rise thanks to Chinks
>"hurr durr nuke is ded maymay"
What did he mean by this?

>believing China will pay Westinghouse or Toshiba to construct their reactors instead of stealing plans and building their chink versions
>implying this won't lead to 5 fresh Chernobyls on account of Chinese QA and kill nuclear once and for all
I want nuclear energy to win, but it just ain't happening.

Undergrad: chem eng for sure.

Electrical engineering

All my aero friends switched to mechanical engineering cause they couldn't handle the electronics.

The ONLY acceptable answer is Materials Engineering.
Really it should all just be physics and applied mathematics. I feel most engineers strive solely for application and pay little attention to definitions and derivations. Materials Engineering is like quantum physics and chemistry had a huge orgy and I love it

god i wish my uni had a materials science or engineering major

Nuclear, because you get your hands into everything.
It's basically physics + job prospects - the need for postgraduate studies.

The only engineering that matters is mechanical engineering.
The only science that matters is mechanical engineering.
The only thing that matters is mechanical engineering.

Data engineering

>job prospects
lmao, enjoy your suicide once you realize all the engineers out-compete you in industry and mathematicians out-compete you in academia.

This

>tfw my school is number 1 in ceramic engineering and high up there in materials
>I chose Mechanical engineering instead
Maybe I made a mistake

It's never too late to switch schools or majors anons. You won't believe the fun and return on investment a Materials Science/Engineering degree has to offer. Plus, MSE is quite a flexible degree despite how seemingly specific it can be.

I'm currently employed as a physicst, so I'm not worried about losing out on a job atm.
Will probably be going back to school in the next couple years for a masters in nuke, physics, or medical physics.

Really? In my school mechE is more electrics focused than aero.