So apparently the star KIC 8462852 has started dimming again, if aliens are really there...

So apparently the star KIC 8462852 has started dimming again, if aliens are really there, would they be able to detect Earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's about 1200 light years away so they won't be able to detect us for a while

Chances are they already have nanobots inside our bodies.

No. But they might know that there is a rocky planet that could have liquid water and an atmosphere.

Lets just hope they don't have FTL.

How big is the speculated dinosaur killing meteor again? I'm thinking what if it was actually smaller but faster object...

FTL might not even be possible, KIC 8462852 might actually be their home star, If they really exist.

Planets orbiting F-class stars might actually develop intelligent life much faster, there's a theory the increased amount of UV they produce could speed up evolution.

I keep telling people the only way to communicate across interstellar/intergalactic distances is to turn their sun/star into a light house by having something block the light on the same side of the sun as the target. From their perspective the sun would dim and or wink out in a certain pattern.

Why? Because attenuation is a fucking bitch and there's no way you'll be able to send a comprehensible signal to anything over such great distances without something as powerful as a star.

there's also a theory that UV radiation kills shit too.

Baseless speculation.

You could have extremely old life bearing planets around red dwarfs.

Is the raw data available somewhere, if you wanted to decode a potential alien message?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater

a relativistic wapon?
no man.. nobody would use them... in fear of geting hit by them too!

space equivalent of nukes!

anyone still has Tabby's avatar that Veeky Forums drew a year ago?

WE NEED TO DO SPECTRA ANALYSIS, STAT

Good question. I wonder if its binary or some synthwave odor telemetry bullshit that's so abstract we can't figure it out (like quasars; which are probably universal internet hubs).

I miss the days of Aichan Veeky Forums

>quasars; which are probably universal internet hubs

What makes you think that?

His low IQ

The ASUS logo on them

the earth is brighter than our sun is in the radio/microwave bands.

Being this retarded.

where are my ayylmaos, i want to leave earth now

>I lost all my images to a disk failure

Underway. They even have Keck on the case.

:(

What if they started looking in this direction over 1200 years ago?

Looking less likely there's any sort of "they;" it's starting to look like orbiting Calcium dust.

but what if the dust is looking this way

Then I would be very excited to meet the miraculously intelligent calcium.

no actually its looking more like a solid structure

Calcium is heavily involved in the communication of Neurones.

Maybe it's a self-organising dust being brought to life through electrostatic charge?