Questions that don't deserve their own thread

is "if you will" considered 2nd person? Meaning is it inappropriate for a formal essay?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_you
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to eat my girlfriend's pussy without forcing her to take a shower first. How do I learn to man up and be cool with it being all sweaty and clammy and musky smelling ?

You don't. You "man up" and tell that bitch to shower (and shower welll) if she wants that sweet, sweet tongue.

It honestly won't make a difference.

I want to FUCK your girlfriend.

get her to eat more fruits and vegetables.

vaginal mucus secretes pheromones that either attract or repulse you (or somewhere in the middle). i've noticed that all the women i actually like/love have good tasting pussies even if they haven't showered in a day or two.

on the flip side, women that i've hatefucked have a rank vinegar-y tasting puss. be careful of those you trust—the nose knows.

Wtf?!

Yes and technically yes, but there are many degrees and variations of "formal essay". Solid chance you can get away with it and there are many published who do and have.
If you don't enjoy it, don't do it.

Just write in first person and tell them to fuck off if they say anything. No piece of academic literature I've ever read has had any qualms about using first person.

What's the scholarly term for differentiating the multiple levels of narration in say, an epistolary novel, or anything else where the author purports to not be the original author of whatever the foundation texts are.

I'm sure there is such a term, but I don't know what it is.

Eat bumhole instead, it tastes nicer; however, the hard part about admitting that is that poo come out of it

I think you have in mind two different concepts.

>differentiating the multiple levels of narration

heteroglossia

>the author purports to not be the original author of whatever the foundation texts are

poioumena

>heteroglossia

No no no. Heteroglossia refers to different levels of "speech" in a single narrative. Take a good old fashioned novel. You have what the characters say to one another, which is distinct from what the narrator says. But ultimately, it's still one narrative which is being expressed.

I'm talking with the conceit of the "found manuscript" that you see in so many late 19th and early 20th century texts. You have a character who wrote some sort of text, and then the real life author supposedly finds it, touches it up, maybe translates it into whatever language the actual real life book is written in, and presents it to the reader.

That creates two distinct narratives, one contained inside the other. One the real life author presents, and then a smaller one, that the fictional author created within the work for his or her own text. There has to be some term of art for that.

>poioumena

I admit, I'm not familiar with the term and had to look it up, but that seems to be a metafictional concept concerning a plot or narrative about writing something. That's also not quite what I'm getting at; I'm asking for terms for the distinction of the level of narration from the fictional character who composed some sort of work that the author "uses" in order to write the book you have in your hands, especially if there's some level of fictional editing involved.

Teachers tell you not to use first person because they want you using facts, not talking about the way you feel. Chances are if OP is asking this question, he isn't a strong enough writer to use first person in an essay

Just go blow some dudes bro.

>is "if you will" considered 2nd person?
No. The guy telling you otherwise is retarded. It's an impersonal pronoun there like "one".

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_you

Think about who you is: are you really telling the reader personally if they are going to do something then etc etc or are you talking about just anyone really? Also it can be used formally. One is hyperformal. You can sometimes use either in a formal essay but do not switch between the two, only one or the other throughout. Whether you think you or one is appropriate is your own judgement. Typically it doesn't matter.

>No no no. Heteroglossia refers to different levels of "speech" in a single narrative. Take a good old fashioned novel. You have what the characters say to one another, which is distinct from what the narrator says. But ultimately, it's still one narrative which is being expressed.
I don't know where you got this retarded idea but it's wrong, the other user is right. Don't speak from a position of authority when you're dumb as a sack of shit and you'll find advice way more useful.

Looking for pdf of pic related. Same edition, Condren translation, etc. Gospel in Brief: The Life of Jesus.

Is goodreads considered to be the My Anime List of Anime or the rate your music of music?

its nothing like rym in the sense that rym is filled with /mu/ people, whereas goodreads is mainly middle aged women

Is there an equivalent for books.

I really just want somewhere to remember what I've read and the related genre, authors and other shit like on rateyourmusic.

Goodreads is p much that. It's just not fantastic.

goodreads is the closest but youll never get past the awful userbase

How would you define the word "meme" as used in the context of Veeky Forums?