Physically speaking...

physically speaking, what does the act of cooking do to vegetables so that are edible after undergoing the process and inedible before?

what kind of physical and chemical occur and is it possible to simplify this process in a way that we can remove the unnecessary steps that don't contribute to the end state??

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetable
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What kind of vegetables are you eating that are inedible before cooking?

aren't they all inedible without cooking it?

>americans

>yuropoors

see? i can do it too

Good lord. Have you never eaten fresh vegetables???

You can JUST BITE into a carrot and eat it.

thanks for proving me right then

yeah but only some vegetables can be eaten like that

can you eat raw potatoes?

It is possible

>can you eat raw potatoes?
Yes. They just don't taste very good and are slightly poisonous.

They are a special cases because cooking reduces the levels of toxins are a protective measure of the plant itself.

No wonder Americans are so fat, Jesus christ.

You're not that retarded, just a little. There's a lot of vegetables that you really wouldn't ever eat without cooking them. Eating raw potatoes I really wouldn't recommend. Even for stuff like carrots that are really tasty raw as well you're better off cooking them nutrition wise.

I don't know why you had to make it a nationality thing as if that's a common belief.
Tell me your country and I'll find an idiot from there and greentext the name of its citizens as if it's representative.

Generally the high heat denatures the toxic proteins and breaks down other macromolecules into their components making the food easier to digest as it's the components you want anyways and your body would just have to break them down itself otherwise.

You mean you think tomatoes or lettuce are not edible unless cooked?

>tomato
>vegetable

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetable

tomato is a fruit you plebian

Is okay user I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your parents did not cool a single meal from scratch, it's the sad fact in America that almost nobody knows how to cook.

But you should give veggies a try raw sometimes, radishes, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, almost anything you would find in an American grocery store you can eat raw, hell even an onion. Most of your leafy greens too. They tend to me more nutritious too so go to your grocery store and give it a try user you might did it. Now there are some more exotic things that require cooking to make them edible but I doubt you'll be working with any of that.

And gender is a spectrum, the earth is flat, 0.99..=/=1 and races do not exist.

But as to why shit is cooked certain food structures don't become edible until it'd cooked also some toxins in certain vegetables and fruits can be broken down /denatured to safe levels by heating them or soaking them in water.

>races do not exist
they might exist, but they're called ethnicities and not races. Dwarf, elf, halfing, etc. are races.

>EUROEPEENS

From a botanical point of view, you are correct. But the semantics of fruit are not the same in botany as in the culinary arts. For the purposes of cooking tomatoes are not fruits, but vegetables, in the same way an eggplant is not considered a berry, despite being one according to all biological definitions.

Impressive, literally everything you said was wrong.

He was lumping in the 'tomatoes are a fruit' statement with those other incorrect statements to imply that 'tomatoes are a fruit' is incorrect as well

you know that not being able to follow conversational context is a sign of autism?

israel

>the semantics of fruit are not the same in botany as in the culinary arts.
this is Veeky Forums not Veeky Forums
the tomato is a fruit