So what is your number?

topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2016

651-700
>tfw brainlet

>19
Rankings are gay and lead to shitty threads.

19 for masters, 14 for PhD

>top 150

hey that's not as bad as I thought epik

>tfw didn't wanna leave mommy so I chose the closest uni

Are these rankings even legit? Going to uni soon and I don't know how much importance I should actually place on these.

Not bad for our little island tbqh

cute

>100

and i mean over 100, not meme text

lol, swedish universities suck. even kth is a shithole compared to other elite unies

>198
It sounds like it is ranked low, but I guess 198 isn't that bad, considering the number of first world universities. I still got a pretty comfy job, though I will probably go to the US for school if I go back to do a graduate degree.

Feels good man

>tfw you can easily get into a top-20 US uni for a PhD but you live in a EU country with mandatory military service so you don't have time to prepare for the GRE
feels bad man

>tfw my school isn't ranked

neat

16. Not bad.

It's a good place

>tfw could easily get into top 10 US uni for a PhD, but in my undergrad nobody knows what is a "transcript" or a "recommendation letter"

Number 6 in medicine apparently

Tier list threads are for homos

231. well.

>701+
>tfw I shouuld have done my research and gone to the mid-300 with all my friends from highschool.
I'm a fucking dumbass.

UCLA is 31. I don't really care about anything other than mathematics though. I might go into analysis.

Are you from Temple uni too?

My university is ranked 58 overall but it's #1 worldwide on my field.

UPENN is 18

Too bad your field is ranked #80067 in the world.

>MIT #1

haha you sure showed him xD

>graduate from a uni that is so bad it's not even on the fucking rankings
>end up teaching at one of the Ivy's after doing Ph.D in the US
>mfw people think they are getting a good education because their uni is ranked top 10 by some US newspaper

Undergrad education is a joke.

How to spot shit-tier rankings: engineering school ranks make no fucking sense.

>It disagrees with what I believe therefore it's wrong.

Nice bias you have there.
>inb4: "I'm not biased, I just know"

>I have no fucking idea what X is therefore it must suck

Nice bias you have there.
>inb4: "The ranking agrees with me, so I'm right"

241 ug
142 g

Basically 2nd rate af

>a team of experts agree with me, so I'm right
Yes

Not ranked, but hey, they actually paid me to go there, and I got a cool job making $80k/yr coming out, so I can't complain

These rankings are generally terrible. Putting schools into numbered rankings (#1, #2, #3, and so on) rather than larger tiers is bound to be horrifyingly bad.

Please keep shit talking Swedish unis I want that autistic Swede that shits on the ACT and SAT to come into this thread so I can expose him. I'm pretty sure it might be the same Swede who shills University of Uppsala

Damn is Princeton really that good?

>Radioactivity can help making your skin young again.
>A team of experts agrees with me, so I'm right.
>Oops, it's actually cancerous.

>Ether exists.
>97% of physicists agree with me, so I'm right.
>Nevermind, it was all bullcrap.

>Any sum of continuous functions is continuous.
>God-tier mathematicians agree with me, so I'm right.
>Oops, Fourier series appear.

>All bodies fall at the same speed
>97% of physicists agree with me, so I'm right.
>Oops, Galileo.

Stay butthurt.

In terms of education quality? Irrelevant if you're not in burgerland. For employability? Top 10 gives guaranteed work, otherwise irrelevant.

14 for both bachelor and master

Well i guess that's fine

My university isn't even on this site

>461-470

wew lad

Yep. Top quality mathematics PhD thesis in pic related.

not bad

tfw 120

I don't even need to check that website to know my university isnt good enough to be on that list.

That school is fucking great! I went there, had a shit ton of fun, got a fucking great education and am in a grad program at a top 20 now.

>291

nigga WHAT.

Not who you're replying to, but I am

>top 30
>top 40 for my field
>not a burger

im ok with this

I really can't imagine how that garbage is allowed. She took a mathematical paper and turned it into an autobiography about herself, her feelings, and her spawn. There must be literally 0 standards at Princeton.

I mean, I don't even go to that good of a school for pure mathematics but since sophomore year when professors gave us hard-ish problems and made us Latex mock research papers were we explore and then resolve the problems, if you went in any kind of tangent that was not to directly tackle the problem at hand you'd get marked down.

>12. National University of Singapore (NUS)
>13. Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)

great list

>501-550
okay.

71 for undergrad, but I got into 23 (couldn't afford it)

Why apply to a school you couldn't afford?

Financial aid

desu any uni that can afford to throw stacks of money at qs can probably afford to be a decent uni too

I just read in QSs methodology that the most heavily weighted part of the ranking is academic peer review and citations per faculty.

What the fuck high impact research is coming out of singapore?

>72

it got shittier apparently, that's encouraging

>85
And I live in a third world country

So vaccines really do cause autism? I knew it!

>138
Meh, I suppose all the humanities departments are what brings UNAM down.

>kth is a shithole compared to other elite unies
these rankings are mostly about scientific research and therefor it won't matter if you're just going to the school to get your degree.
I doubt a top 50 university graduate with a 4,0 is going to know more than a 4,0 graduate from a top 150 school. Maybe that's been tested already though, I'm just trying to explain the rankings a bit.

>Oops... We couldn't find that university - please try searching again!

Should I consider suicide?

>epfl
>shit tier
nice meme

just because X is considered elite in france doesnt mean that it can compete with other unis. btw even ENS Paris sucks

>yfw not everyone lives in burgerland

Source ?

tfw 150-200

>not even on the list

I'm quitting academia after the PhD because I just don't give enough of a shit about science.

You shouldn't place any importance on them; their only importance is to the unis as they bring in more money if their rank is below 100. They affect virtually nothing and are poor measures of actually comparing unis.

However, exams this year will probably be very shit for me and I'm a sperg so I can't really capitalize on it.

(you)'d be suprise

Princeton constantly switches around with Harvard and Yale for the best Ivy school, and considering Harvard and Yale jockey around with Stanford and MIT for best school overall, Princeton is in the running for best school overall.

The acronym is HYPSM rather than HYSM for a reason

>342
Good enough

It's just good to see that the number 1 school on a lot of different ranking sites has happened to be this non-Ivy-League STEM school for the past few years running.

>tfw 60 and 8 even in a retarded anglo-biased ratings
feels bretty good man

>fellow 31
UCLA is great, be sure to take the honors math courses if you're serious about it

481-491
got into 16 and 18 but couldn't afford that shit

at least I'm paying zero dollars for my undergrad

How do these ranking even come about?

Most of these institutions, particularly the Ivies, are massively overrated as they are now.

sure they are, faggot. you know this because you've gone to most of these institutions, particularly the Ivies, right

>unironically being an Ivy dicksucker
Oxbridge shits on Harvard.

Master race

yes, of course

No wonder I hate my life.

look at how the ranking is calculated
>Academic reputation (40%)
>Employer reputation (10%)
>Student-to-faculty ratio (20%) X
>Citations per faculty (20%)
>International faculty ratio (5%) X
>International student ratio (5%) X
three of these things don't matter imo
employer reputation is also sort of questionable (coming from a %99.9 school in this category btw)

>42

University of Ottawa?

>551-600 Carleton university
Fuuuug

concordia?

> 78

wew lad

This is just a general ranking of universities. The by subject ranking for your major matters much more. It also doesn't really matter for undergrad what rank your uni is if your end goal is just to get a job or into grad school. Went to a uni ranked 491-500 (US) and now I am in a top 5 US EE grad school.

Undergrad ranking truly is a meme. Going to private schools (unless they are free for you in the US) is a huge waste of money compared to public instate schools. Unless you live in a shit state like Montana, Idaho, etc.. then best instate college in fine for undergrad,

>tfw too stupid to be here