/grades/

Let's have a grades thread boys.

I got an A in differential equations, american history since 1865, and some meme class called Creative Problem Solving. Unfortunately, my dumbass managed to get an A- in an engineering design class, and that should've been an easy A. RIP my 4.0, but I'm gonna finish my freshman year with a 3.97 which I'm satisfied with

Other urls found in this thread:

debarghyadas.com/writes/the-grad-school-statistics-we-never-had/
physicsgre.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6459&sid=a0732474858427ad98202047f29e4a34
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like a shitty program. You don't actually have a lot of math classes for an undergrad. But then you have a lot of completely unrelated classes. WTF kind of retarded university did you go to?

U in texas?

yeah, ut austin

>american history since 1865
Nice.
>american history since 1865
gave it away

>cum totals
Where am I ?

>boys
i have really struggled with whether and how to respond to this. The execution of this message was very nice and respectful, and I genuinely appreciate that. The premise, however, is problematic. Maybe not inherently, but within the context of the sexist society we live in. Men are allowed, and often feel compelled, to think out loud at women, to share unsolicited not necessarily informed thoughts at women. (And usually these men, unlike you, don’t even seem to recognize that their thoughts may not be useful.) Women on the other hand aren’t allowed to be as open. So, if you want to not just be respectful, but actually be anti-oppression, it is better (IMO) not to respond to a woman’s work with the types of thoughts that other men pawn off as insights, if you know what i mean. again, i appreciate your honesty, but i feel obligated to point these things out.

Wow impressive turnaround. What happened in your life that made you jump up to straight A's?

went to classes
learned to study
went to office hours
worked with smartest classmates
grading curves
energy drinks
etc.

>learned to study
How do you study?

by staying on top of all the material during the course, so that you don't have to cram before tests

Speech - A
Diffe Q - A
Mechanics of Deformable Solids - B
Transportation Engineering - B
Fluid Mechanics - B+

>what is a liberal arts education
Most retarded Veeky Forums comment of the day award.

A - calc 3
A - mechanics
A - cs 101
A - art appreciation

You could call me an integral master

ITT: People brag about A's and B's in brainlet classes obtainable by the only "studying" being doing homework.

Fucking nerds.

I graduated with a 2.9 GPA and they're still paying me to research cancer cures.

Party it up while you're in your first few years.

>mad he got a C in calc 2

>300 level A+ grades
>A+ grades
>A+
>+

what college dean dick were u sucking to get + and artificially inflate your previously shit gpa

Not gonna lie if i see any of our upcoming professional generation doing this I'm kicking then in the nuts so they can't reproduce.

I don't like going to brainlet university.
Tip to underage: Don't dick around in high school.
Then maybe you'll get into a school with a good program and a high GPA is something to be proud of.
27 credits in winter 2012?
GPA over 4 for some semesters?

Kek, nice meme. Now go back to /pol/

>27 credits in winter 2012?
full year courses give you credit at the end

>GPA over 4 for some semesters?
A = 4.0
B = 3.0
C = 2.0
D = 1.0

+ = add 0.3
- = subtract 0.3

At least I have a wife, desu

Microbiology: A
Physics 1: A

>A+ = 4.3
Damn, would be nice to make up for A-s with A+s.

>At least I have a phd wife and 5 children
ftfy

This looks amazingly similar to my undergrad transcript, except in that first semester I failed two classes and got D's in the rest. Pulled my GPA from sub-1.0 up high enough to barely squeak into grad school (iirc it was a 3.0 which was the bare minimum), got a full scholarship and successfully defended my thesis last semester.

Coming from a blue-collar family, nobody taught me the importance of GPA and how to actually study. That will be something I teach my children early on.

Rate my uni's GPA scale (Bumfuck State University)

see

the evidence is right there.

On their 12.0 scale,
A=12
B=11.1

but if you get an A+
A+ = 12.9

if the dean not monitoring your progress correctly, you could technically graduate with higher than perfect 12.0 scale (or 4.0 scale) grade, even though you got a C- in womens studies that one semester (cuz you were a man and the women professor cant stand men).

>90+
At my small private uni, grading scales are determined by class. In one of my courses this semester, 94+ was an A, 90-94 was A- (3.667 GPA point). In most courses, 92+ was considered an A, in the more difficult ones 90 was considered an A. Is this atypical?
Identical to my bumfuck private university, except we don't have D-s.

it's not a 12.0 scale if they offer 12.9's

Then they are not ((accredited)) and we needn't have this conversation.

they are accredited though, you can just convert between scales

No, that is perfectly normal. If the professor is with it, they will grade on a scale, and if you are smart enough, you can fuck up that scale and make the other 90% of students hate you for consistently scoring high so they can't even compete.

I might be retarded. Running with a 2.5 GPA right now. Fucked up big time first years, and just failed linear algebra (I know, I didn't find it hard, I just fucked off to focus on other classes because I thought it was too easy to fail) 2 years left.

Any way my brainlet ass gets into a grad program without donating an entire building to the uni?

are you good at testing, or passion for research?

>donate building to uni

lol just create your own "research scholarship" and create a relationship with the right professor to see it through. Much cheaper.

Of course if you really are a brainlet why bother other than to appease your joponase father

Yes I want to do research on pulsars in particular. I've contacted most professors in the physics department, but nothing is really available right now.

I think I might just try to do research in another area of physics at least to get some sort of experience in. As for testing, usually I'm pretty good on standardized tests. My SATs were average but I never prepared for them and was a slacker during high school. Trying to turn my shit around. I feel as though I would be able to do really well on the GRE's with proper preparation if that's what you're asking.

I'm getting all of my textbooks within the next week to prepare for the fall semester so I can hopefully turn my shit grades into A's. I'm just worried that I'm already past the point of no return.

>Doing all grading on a curve
seems like a dick move to me.

Most schools require a 3.0 to be able to apply, others have the bar set at 3.2. This is the GPA to pass the computer filter, to have your application read by a human. To get into a decent PhD program, you'll need at least a 3.5.

This site has great statistics on GPA and GRE scores.
debarghyadas.com/writes/the-grad-school-statistics-we-never-had/

For physics, you can check out
physicsgre.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6459&sid=a0732474858427ad98202047f29e4a34

To see what other physics applicants look like and how they fared.

Why are always the GPA retards the only ones to post? Non-americans know how easy is to get a 4.0 GPA, you don't impress anybody