Is there really any physicist that could explain Double-slit experiment paradox. How electrons can behave like wave...

is there really any physicist that could explain Double-slit experiment paradox. How electrons can behave like wave? And when there is an observer, how can they behave like matter? do electrons have any conciousness? or they are coded by "them" to trick us and make us not to find the universe's bug. (is universe simulation?)

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/qt-issues/#ApprMeasProb
youtube.com/watch?v=GdqC2bVLesQ
youtu.be/DfPeprQ7oGc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah

thanks at least you gave me a fuck.

First, learn what is meant in this context by "observer". Second, take your meds. Third, there are no particles, everything is waves and fields.

thanks senpai I appreciate. Now waiting for my exciting to go by. I will deep into this matter afterwards starting with "observer".

Let me give you the traditional explanation.

There are two rules of quantum mechanics:

Rule 1: The Schrodinger wave equation. Microscopic systems change over time according to the Schrodinger wave equation.

Rule 2: When a microscopic system interacts with a macroscopic system, the wave function collapses according to the probabilities of the Born rule.

For the start of the double slit experiment, we're dealing with a microscopic system, and therefore there are no particles. There is just the Schrodinger wave equation.

When the electron hits the screen, it causes a detector screen to emit a relatively large amount of light. That detector screen is a macroscopic system, and especially and subsequent measuring devices (or human eyes and brains) are macroscopic systems, and therefore the second rule happens, and the wave function collapses, and we temporarily get a particle at a particular location, chosen at random, according to the probabilities of the Born rule.

Now, if this seems like bullshit to you, I happen to agree. Of course, this approach is amazingly successful as a practical exercise according to testable predictions, but there are deep fundamental problems with this approach. For further reading:
plato.stanford.edu/entries/qt-issues/#ApprMeasProb
youtube.com/watch?v=GdqC2bVLesQ

>Copenhagen interpretation

An electron behaves like both at all times, at least, it always behaves like a wave, but it always has properties of a particle. These properties are not known prior to observation, thus the distinction is made. Schrödinger's equation is used in the Copenhagen interpretation to localize various properties of electron as a probability distribution.

An electron can only have so many possible values for its position and momentum. The wave function is basically just a way to put bounds on those values, such that there is a high probability that the electron will have any of the possible values within them.

It isn't that the electron does not have distinct values for its momentum and position, it's that we cannot possibly know there exact values until we observe them. This is when we call it a wave. Upon observation, we attain a value for the momentum or position, and as such the probability distribution doesn't apply. This is referred to as the wave-function collapse, and then we treat the electron as if it were a particle.

The reality of the situation is that the electron never actually changes from a wave to a particle, it is our ability to distinguish it as a wave or a particle that changes.

Go to the comments section of this video and read the comment chain between Zac320 and Ian Wilson. It's incredibly fascinating.

"The particle exists as a probability distribution of information (data) and when observed (accessed) it has to be "rendered" into a particle as we exist in a literal virtual reality. Welcome to living in a simulation." I think this sums up. Thanks guys.

Why do you believe youtube videos ?
Have you seen these particles with your own eyes ?
This is worse than the flat earth retards..

Things (as in particle sized things) don't actually physically exist in relation to each other until they interact.

Instead they are merely waves of probable locations until something actually touches them and finds the particle.

This is called the wave function.

When the wave function is intact, light will behave like a wave, causing the double slit experiments famous result.

If you collapse the wave function, even retroactively, it will behave exactly like a normal particle instead.

There's no conscious decision involved anywhere and you need to see a shrink, I have no idea how someone could get to your stage of delusion without reflecting to themselves "there must be something wrong with me, I should seek help"

Then why does collapsing the wave function after the particle passes through the slits cause the pattern on the screen to change?

It's not as simple as going "muh pilot wave"

This would imply a "real" universe wouldn't have probability waves which would mean quantum mechanics simply wouldn't work and the basic foundations of the laws of physics would be utterly and completely different.

The double slit experiment is famous for showing wave particle duality but it's the heisenberg uncertainty that is significant.

When the electron passes through the slit, its position is bounded. Measuring at the slit would gives us a definite region where the electron can be, so we observe it where it can be. With no detector, the heisenberg uncertainty principle allows the electron to temporarily violate energy mass conservation, which is why we find it at places it wouldn't be classically.

just study basic quantum mechanics nigger

Its not the observer but the act of measuring that collapses the wave function. QM and the double slit experiment is basically just getting down to the smallest possible block of information the universe is capable of displaying. When things get that small even the universe isnt really certain where they are until something, like a measurement, confirms its location. When that happens its momentum actually becomes less defined the same instant its position becomes more defined. Almost like a minimum resolution or fidelity for mass/energy. Its pretty decent evidence that our universe is a simulation if you ask me.

Because you're changing the Schrodinger wave equation. In order to get the distribution pattern on the final screen, you need the wave to interfere with itself. When you collapse the wave right after the two slits, then the new wave is already past the slits, which means it cannot go through 2 slits and interfere with itself. After the collapse, the wave starts new afresh past the two slits.

youtu.be/DfPeprQ7oGc

And just like that some faggot on Veeky Forums solves the measurement problem. Why are tripfags universally terrible?

>It isn't that the electron does not have distinct values for its momentum and position, it's that we cannot possibly know there exact values until we observe them

Bell experimentally tested inequalities says this isn't the case

>I Don't Know What The Fuck Locality Is: The Comment