Let's discuss the greatest literary achievement of 2016

Let's discuss the greatest literary achievement of 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=flWfpwN0giw
youtube.com/watch?v=KCMfmHda2Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=Aa16pfBNCzg
youtube.com/watch?v=q6lG9CfiIdM
youtube.com/watch?v=4n_FJ5RAlnc
youtube.com/watch?v=oy3YqsUk5Nc&t=20s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't bother, these dweeby pseudo-intellectual cucks are too busy crying over poetry to get it

What is this?

Put some of the stock from chamonix antiques into storage tomorrow, some of those pieces are alright.

There are a lot of penises in this book!

Anyone else put off by Sam Hyde? Some of his videos are great, and in general I'm all for challenging the influence that the regressive left has on the culture, so kudos to him for all of his success. I just get a sense of intense resentment in a lot of his comedy that can't be chocked up to mere satire.

You should read the MDE mission statement

daily reminder

He doesnt just "challange the influence of the regressives", he's literally a white nationalist.

He seems like someone who genuienly would have no problem stabbing a friend in the back or manipulating people for his own gain. I think hes a pretty good comedian, its too bad that hes some sort of Neitzschean nihilisitic white supremacist

how many mde videos have any of you watched?

I haven't laughed at anything he's ever done. biggest laugh came from the deaf lady in his mom's video. he's just not funny.

I don't agree with the big chunk of this but I love watching his hydewars videos.
His thoughts are laughable, the only reason I like them.
Plus it's pretty comfy just two idiots talking about whatever.
youtube.com/watch?v=flWfpwN0giw

I watched this and didn't think it was funny at all, just one bit that didn't have a point and one that was generically edgy.
youtube.com/watch?v=KCMfmHda2Lo

well world peace is shit compared to the old school vertical videos

I think the wine party sketch is pretty fucking funny, rest of his stuff is eh.

POST EXCERPTS

there's a mega.nz of it someplace...i looked for 30 sec, couldn't find shit. i don't care. fuck you.

I don't think that at all. Especially after hearing his sort of pathetic call-in to Tim Heidecker's talk-show where he shits on Tim for "letting your friend" ruin "someone's job", referring to his show being cancelled and that one dude's campaign against it and Tim's supposed neutrality.

what is this lemur meme

>Typed this into thebookdepository.
>No results.

A-am I on a list for writing this in the search bar?

Even if you're being ironic I'm still cringing.

it's the title of his book.

I laughed pretty hard when he freaked out on Tim's podcast

What his TEDTalk. I agree he's not funny but I laughed pretty hard at it.

>tfw my books just shippped

I agree. Also a lot of his stuff just seems like edge for the sake of edge, which is completely played out.

Sam is a post-Libertarian identitarianist

Here's a page from the book

>Tim's supposed neutrality
Having had a friend who would get into verbal shitposting wars with other people, I understand why that is.

>An entire page about how he can't get over subjective taste in art and various styles.

kek

>12pt font and 1 inch borders

Looks shit for a start.
He can't even explain why he doesn't like African Art. The final paragraph is a terrible 'ironic' cop-out. I guess being edgy means you don't have to justify anything you say or do.

Okay, this was actually a bit funny. Parts of it sound like they could be written by a mentally sane person who is just annoyed by taking what they consider a boring class. However I'm starting to get the impression that he has some sort of daddy issues from the way he's obsessed with analyzing/judging every man's masculinity. Also
>I'm trying my best not to be racist
It really doesn't seem like it.

>rehashed ideas about the inferiority of black people
>dissolves into beta male frothing

It's funny to see this guy describe anyone as "ineffectual".

>Hemmingway.

What is with all the anti-alt-rights contrarians all of a sudden? Fuck off you guys weren't the ones spamming trump memes not a couple months ago. Just admit you don't like things because they're popular. No-one buys your "umm yeah.. that Sam Hyde guy? Um.. I liked one of his videos, but----"

You're not on /pol/, dude. We never liked him.

>White genocide isn't real.

I've always thought his comedy is bland and tryhard.
The best thing he did was the TED talk thing.

Veeky Forums isn't /pol/ you cretin. This isn't an overtly alt-right or conservative board.

His shtick is getting a bit old

This board is either full anarchist or alt-right depending on the weather. Sad!

we should ban everyone who doesn't hate women and nonwhites

He has all the comedic prowess of that kid who picks at scabs and smears his blood on the wall so it spells out "faggot", or that one guy who always shits in the urinal. Then again, I think that's what he's actually going for though, so I guess he's not really failing.

first it was /mu/, now it is /pol/ the one that is trying to destroy Veeky Forums...

I completely agree. But the very obvious post-election, post-World Peace contrarianism that seems to be going on is endlessly tiring. I knew when I posted that there'd follow a trail of pseuds replying to me about how they don't like him for definitely totally original reasons they arrived at themselves and its definitely totally not because he's popular now and an easy target.

I'm not alt-right, I'm not a huge Hyde fan, nor do I browse pol, it's just the anti-/pol/ weenie brigade is so fucking repetitive.

Is he popular? With whom? A few thousand people on Veeky Forums and rebbit?

>people don't like things so they must be brigading

I guess I'm a brigadier pirate raiding your safe-space then.

I followed Sam and MDE for years, before they really had a following and I always liked them,back when they were this abstract thing that evoked very specific angst and cognitive dissonance out of me

But more and more I come to realise Sam is just a thinly veiled skinhead, bitter about being 250k in art debt, hitting the lowest hanging fruit by bashing blacks a million different ways, we get it, black people suck...big whoop

For awhile I thought he might have actually had something to say,but he's literally just a guy who spent a decade on /pol/, started lifting and is hyper sardonic

I remember watching one of his more obscure videos (I've seen everything they've done and have the book) titled "Micheal Rodgers"
youtube.com/watch?v=Aa16pfBNCzg

You can just see he's some guy who's spent too much time glued to a screen, how did he even find this video, why is he so angry, how many hours a day does he spend in bitter anger, I dont' blame him, hes just another kid who got fucked with a toilet degree, he thought he could coast through life, like most of us

At the end of the day he really doesn't have much to say, we've heard it all before, genuinely surprised he blew up this big, seems there's a thread on most boards relating to them up a lot of the time

His stand up needs a lot of work, I liked the one about the migrant crisis, that was pretty good but other than that it's a lot of dead pan pol memes trying to use the audience as the 'joke' which get's old pretty quick

He just appeals to that crowd of disenfranchised 'millennial' losers who were relegated to the internet, those guys who followed all of lifes rules and got fucked by the invisible hand of global capitalism, bad genetics and concurrent babies first nihilism, his early fans liked the whole abstract non political videos they did, which had their own vibe, but now it's all polbabies screeching about how SAM AL HAYID JUST SHOT UP A BLACK CHURCH!!!!! - the show was his ticket out of this farce, I think he really hates most of his fans and doesn't want to be associated with any of this pathetic diatribe (which he wholeheartedly believes) but doesn't want to sully his marketability

he's been blacklisted now so I guess it's over for him, all he can do now is grandstand, panhandling to polacks regurgitating the same shit MyPostingCareer, Stormfront and whoever else have been typing since fucking 2000

don't get me wrong, racism is fine, but he just keeps sidestepping the fact he is one, the amount of time's he's said "I'm not racist but...."

just admit it Sam, it's ok bro

Nice reading comprehension ya big old doofus

>he's popular now
Nice try Sam.

nothing will ever be as great as neil hamburgers poolside chats

gregg turkington is a genius and puts tim and eric and sam hyde to shame

youtube.com/watch?v=q6lG9CfiIdM

Read it backwards and forwards, and it still looks the same to me, familia.
Maybe try a creative writing class?

That's because you're a big old doofus
I'm good

reminder sam hyde cant compete with this

youtube.com/watch?v=4n_FJ5RAlnc

Are you sure?
They may help you convey your ideas better.
Then you won't have to resort to calling everyone who disagrees with you a doofus.
I'm sure it would make things easier for you in the long run.

a good sam hyde video

youtube.com/watch?v=oy3YqsUk5Nc&t=20s

Are you serious? He is delivering just a random edgy humor that my parents would enjoy.