Do you keep track of the books you've read?

E.g. in a spreadsheet or on a site like goodreads.

Yeah, simply by glancing over at my bookshelf.

I do it in a Wordpad document. Why would I need a more complicated interface than that?

goodreads

no i use my brain. If I can't remember a book I've read, it wasn't worth reading to begin with

What will end up happening is you will forget shitty books you've read and end up reading them again in the future.

Son, you will forget entire people that once cared about. Write shit down.

>trying to remember people your own brain can't even be bothered with

Memorabilia are unhealthy.

Recently started using goodreads after almost finishing a book I had already read years ago to keep track of what I've read.

I recently started using Goodreads, but it's only because I got tired of having a Word-document as to to-read list. It's easier to just add stuff to the Want To Read on Goodreads. I did add all my books, but I don't write reviews, follow people or generally give a fuck. For the Reading Challenge thing I just put 5000 books for 2017.

I keep a list in Evernote.

LibraryThing

goodreads to keep track of what i've read and get recommendations, even though most recommendations are complete dog shit.

ditto

I use Goodreads and a spreadsheet. With a lot of tinkering, the spreadsheet has literally all the functions that GR has except for communication with other living beings.

Bookshelf.

Fucking hell, are you living in Memento?

Who cares if you read it again? If you couldn't remember up until the end then you should either read it again anyway or decide you don't like it.

Who are you trying to impress with your list?

It's like going to another country and being like "well I was really enjoying my sightseeing and learning a lot about the culture but then I remembered I had been to this country before."

I wasn't enjoying it though. It's just that generally if I read about 25% of a book, I feel I need to finish it, whether I'm enjoying it or not. I can't put it out of my mind if I don't finish it. It's annoying, but that's just how my mind works.
Not trying to impress anyone with a list. No one ever sees it, that I know of. It's just for me.

no I keep them on my bookshelf

I keep 'em in my kindle :^)

>tfw to intelligent too remember all the books I read because not a single one was worth reading to begin with

Please share your spreadsheet.

Yes, an excel spreadsheet.

I feel like it helps me read more each year.