Doctors=Brainlets???

Reading some other thread I see there is kind of a consensus here that physicians are brainlets? Care to elaborate Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

webdc.com/pdfs/deathbymedicine.pdf
slatestarcodex.com/2013/12/17/statistical-literacy-among-doctors-now-lower-than-chance/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just scapegoating desu

they are rote memorizers, not problem solvers

If doctors aren't brainlets, they why haven't they cured cancer yet?

130 is still pretty brainlet tier

>putting physicists and mathematicians in the same category as "life scientists"

Lol shit chart desu.

I guarentee if you put them in their own categories they'd outrank md

Unless you are math boi 300K starting you are brainlet.

don't worry my friend, no scholars are willingly admitting that any educations succeeds their own. i studied math. and every cunt in the faculty, climbs onto shit like iq and wage to feel better than eachother

retards like eats these comparisons right up if their own education is rated highly enough

Allopathic doctors are subhuman garbage.

Surgeons; however, are god tier.

webdc.com/pdfs/deathbymedicine.pdf

If engineers aren't brainlets, why can't they upload consciousness into robots yet

Problem with docs is that they are ultra focused in one area. So why they are intelligent generally they can be profoundly unwise in other areas. One of the best urologists I know will tell you all about how Trump is president because Hillary was threatening to pull support from Israel, and you can't piss off the jews they control the media etc etc etc....

This

My cousin's a physician. He needed a tutor just to learn basic calculus.

>Be emergency physician

>Use knowledge and evidence at hand to make differential diagnoses on the daily with even the smallest error in judgment resulting in the possible death of a patient.

>Get called a brainlet and incapable of solving problems by Veeky Forums.

Work hard enough and you won't be a brainlet be you MD or PhD. It's that simple.

Unironically this.
Apparently it's different in burgerland but where I live, literally everyone can get into physics math and engineering but there is a score threshold set by ministry of education on who can be accepted into medicine.

>premed
>on Veeky Forums
>science & math
Get the fuck out of here
Don't you have brainlet o-chem to complain about

Also looking shit up on WebMD isn't problem solving

The most intelligent people I've met in my life have either disliked jews or been jews.

It's just biology which is just memorization of a few specialized things. It requires the same intelligence to be a car mechanic. Ever noticed a car mechanic specializes on Audi's or w/e, but if you ask him to work on a BMW he'll have no clue what to do... and when your car suffers another symptom/attack and it's clear he misdiagnosed the problem in the first place, he'll always have an excuse and still puts his hand out? They just take advantage of those who can't do their job, that's all.

I've never met a smart medical """doctor""", so you tell me.

The moment I entered med school my IQ dropped by 50 points.

my dad's the smartest person ive met (a measure iq of 160) and he's a doctor, so I grew up thinking doctors are geniuses

I really doubt there are that many draughtsmen/surveyors below 90 and that many college professors below 100.

I think a lot of doctors are just pressured into making stupid decisions. In my experience, few of them are working to their full potential because they spend most of their time explaining to idiots why they shouldnt smoke/eat fast food/do crazy drugs/sit all day/other health shit.

I'm an MD and I'm pretty smart so there's that.

But I'd say that you can be dumb as bricks if you want to become a surgeon. Med school will be hell but after that it's just demoralizing hours.

People who think that you can do the kind and volume of memorization that's required for medicine without at least good intelligence are idiots. In any advanced subject you can't generally figure out the right answer yourself from learning the basics, the truth is always very specific. I thought that general understanding and quick thought was all I needed, but in reality even physics is stamp collecting.

It is true they are rote learners, pattern recognizers, not systems thinkers.

Getting through medicine also requires huge amounts of physical and mental stamina.

They are to a man and woman statistically illiterate. slatestarcodex.com/2013/12/17/statistical-literacy-among-doctors-now-lower-than-chance/

The medical literature is a tragicomedy of basic errors, squandered data, conflicts of interest, and unwarranted arrogance.

Source: be me with terminal cancer and advanced statistics degree.

Several times I have had to explain that lack of statistical significance is not the same as disproving the existence of an effect.

Well there's a lot of shitty journals but the better journals have statistical editors and statistical referees. Of course the shit league is shit everywhere, but publishing there only tells you something about the quality of your own work, not about the state of medical research.

>I'm an MD and I'm pretty smart so there's that.

I was pre-med but switched after witnessing the appalling work environment, conditions, subjugation to oppressive regulations and laws. Not to mention the swamp of public health in general.

Plus I hate people

I'm a med student and I'm interested in learning statistics, what would be my steps to study some of it in my free time? (Take into account I haven't done a lot of math in 4 years and I probably will struggle with algebra)

retard

I'm no physician but all the GPs I've been to never google anything, and there seems to be some element of problem solving in it
>patient comes in who has 5 different visible symptoms
>carry out appropriate tests to indentify more possible symptoms
>use prior knowledge and experience to diagnose the illness and provide the appropriate treatment
Medical practitioning careers are just for normies who can socially interact with people though

I hated people too but through forced interaction with them as part of the job it turned out that I just wasn't too good at interacting with them and that most of them tend to be alright, perhaps even more so for people employed in healthcare.

As for the work environment, the hours and the remuneration have gotten a lot better in recent years in Europe, and it strongly depends on the place you work at, as in any business. I'm pretty happy with what I got. I just hate the night and weekend shifts.

I thought the consensus was MDs are cool, while most premed students are shit-tier

>trying to gun for elec engineering
>probably not that high IQ

Am I fucked? It cant be that hard right?

But it is true... you may be significantly smarter than average, but to be a real genius you need to be over 150.

Pharmacist here, I spend my day trying to decipher doctors prescriptions.

50% of them have no idea what they are doing.
40% is OK.
10% are God-tier.

Don't hesitate to read up on what your doctors prescribe you and question their decisions.

Do it in a respectful way though, and try to start a discussion with them. Nothing worse than entitled patients.

>pay for service
>glorified retail clerk calls you entitled

roommate is an EE. It's not too bad if you're willing to study your ass off; he's smart but not brilliant, and he graduated >3.5 in a good program. You'll be fine

Wife's a 160 IQ Pediatrician, with 30 F&SF Novels published.
You may meet her someday at a con, if your lucky.

>160
>Pediatrician
>Topkek

>"I'm an MD"
>says surgeons can be dumb as bricks"
Surgery is a very hard program to match and you gotta slay your Step 1 to even be considered. There are very few dumbshits in medical school (besides the Blacks) and 0 dumbshit surgeons.

I'm pretty sure the "surgeons are just dummies who can cut" meme comes from people whose medical experience consist mostly of Scrubs.

I've talk with some MDs who are into serious research and they told me the most scientifically illiterate health professionals they know are Surgeons, they have an ego the size of a mountain.

retard

They're probably just salty because they make a third of what a surgeon makes.