Is he the most redpilled author ever to have lived?

is he the most redpilled author ever to have lived?

Other urls found in this thread:

nbakki.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/05/30/173407
youtube.com/watch?v=FEX9K4TLTVE
youtube.com/watch?v=tbBcxOcoZ_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That would be Hitler, you weeb-loving faggot-enabler

Take the ACTUAL redpill

He thought the pill was growth hormones.

Yes. He was a revolutionary poet, who's greatest impact is yet to come. Revolutionary Poets are more dangerous than philosophers, they provide a mythic vision which allows the believer to overcome the moral barrier, as to do what is needed.

Once the social disparity will grow large enough in japan, radical students will rediscover his work and commit to his cause, and as such the traditional values of Japan, which he was able to synergize with modern japan in his novel "Runaway Horses".

Bonsaiiiiiiiiiii!

Considering he was a suicidal homosexual who believed his death would actually mean something - no.

Having ideals means bluepilled.

>they provide a mythic vision which allows the believer to overcome the moral barrier
I really like this, I think it hearkens back to Mishima's belief in the power of hero worship.

That was far taller than average in Japan at the time idiot

top kek

average japanese 17yo schoolboy was 5'4" in 1950

nice try homo

That would be Ezra Pound. Read Canto XLV.

Prove it lanklet

Actually not. Mishima was quite unspooked. You can witness in Runaway Horses how the protagonist spiritual and political ideals are deconstructed by Honda. Mishima was absolutely aware of the spooky nature of his ideals, but despite of this he commited to it. This is the nietzschean extension of Stirners philosophy. After one realizes that one lives in a world of passive nihilism, of eternal emptyness, it is the commited descrutive, nihilist act, that is done despite of it's emptyness and as such reaches genuine spiritual anti-nihilistic value. Stirner was not against Ideals, he simpl analyzed that the ideals to which society exposed us, had no real substance.

>Revolutionary Poets are more dangerous than philosophers,

Yeah, I've heard even Slavoj Zizek mention that. Poets are dangerous people when put into the right position of power.

Shit Veeky Forums actually believes

>who believed his death would actually mean something
He really didn't.

nbakki.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/05/30/173407
>1950 average height being almost 5.4

Is post-egoism the ultimate redpill?

Needing to reboot your belief in memes is just taking the bluepill again.

Nietzsche was a pussy who couldn't deal with nihilism so he had to try to 'solve' it. He failed.

At least post the sniffing slovenian video or explain further.

>He failed
>nihilist cucks like you still feel the need to insult him as a "pussy" over 100 years after he died

Hmm... strange....

he made me read his oeuvre only to find out he has nothing to offer, not very nice of him desu

>Mishima was quite unspooked
he literally seppukucked himself in a military base full of soldiers laughing at him.

>He failed
he did, look around you

>nihilist cucks like you still feel the need to insult him as a "pussy" over 100 years after he died
he's just calling it as it is

>influenced many of the greatest writers of the 20th century
>and also uncucked Mishima so hard, that he turned his entire life around

He knew his coup d'etat would fail. As he has shown in Runaway Horses he was under no illusions regarding his cause and how the japanese society would react to reactionary political actions (remember the prison scene with Isao), it is the redpilledness that made him do it nonetheless.

He was a mentally ill individual with significant daddy issues that manifested sexually (most notably in his formation of a gay leather-daddy paramilitary organization with notes of imperial infantry mixed in). His physical frailness and imposed feminine behavior in his childhood transformed him into an ultra-masculine manlet who only found beauty in the masculine form, both in male physicality and in militant non-feminine action, as evidenced in Patriotism, SWFfGwtS, Runaway Horses. In the end, his extreme idolization of the masculine aesthetic and samurai glory proved utterly empty (Decay of the Angel) and he decided to put on a suicide play that fit in with his written works.

This is not to say he wasn't an interesting individual, but to say he is red-pilled and out yourself as a spooked anti-intellectual faggot would probably be incorrect.

>hasn't even read Zarathustra

Nietzsche prognosed the state of society that we are in now. How did he fail if all turned out just as he had predicted? His vision of the Überman is one of the end of mankind, which he himself saw as far away.

>regarding his cause
To die in a live Noh play before age stripped him of his meager gains?

He literally says in Sun and Steel that one should seek to die grandly before time steals beauty.

>Bonsaiiiiiiiii!

ffs Veeky Forums

>what is thirst for love
>what is patriotism: the movie
>what is golden temple
>what is Sea of Fertility #3

marx influenced even more people, doesn't mean he was right.

Beauty was everything to him, but the ultimate beauty lay beyond himself. It lay in the japanese culture, with the emperor as it's symbolic center. To sacrifice his life for this, was a beautiful death. He wrote: I want to live forever, on his death note. And this was his goal. Uniting beauty with action, through the symbolic act of seppuku, gave his life a beauty beyond his physical presence - his life became symbolic and thus extended beyond life itself. Thus he's still by far the most discussed japanese author, despite there being many writers in japan of similiar merit.

Apparently both Marx and Nietzsche had something to offer though. Your own limited perspective is irrelevant senpai.

Nietzsche tried to offer an alternative, a reevaluation of the values of our society. He announced this work many times. Then during the writing on it he gave up, published a few scraps of what he already had and went insane.

>anti-intellectual
spook

>What is obsession with aesthetic
>What is obsession with duty and action
>What is the eventual destruction of an ancient beauty by time and chance and an autist
>What is trumped by 4, where he throws the reincarnation in the air and writes everything off

Between Sun and Steel and Decay of the Angel 4, I simply cannot see his early love of Japan (which i believe did have a deep effect on him early on) as his death drew near.

too many times have I see the "redpilled" refuse to read or consume the other side's output. That is refusing to read deeply. Do you think Voltaire didnt read on divine right?

>hasn't read thirst for love
>isn't aware that duty and action are glorified also in the action of the wife, that are shown explicitly and much longer than the male counterparts in the flick
>says mishima only found beauty in the male form, while golden temple contraposes two forms of beauty, the passing beauty which is constituted by it's temporality and the (according to mishima) eternal beauty that dominates all life
>What is misreading the trumping of 4, in which Honda's deterioriation much rather than the proof that they weren't reincarnations all along is displayed - by him misidentifying the 4th youth - and thus not writing anything off, which means that #3-girl is a female reincarnation of isao and kiyoaki, that is actually foreshadowed in a lenthy and feverish dream in runaway horses

youtube.com/watch?v=FEX9K4TLTVE

An hour long, but its alright

>that title

continentals cant keep getting away with this

How could you not see it in Runaway Horses, in which Isao, Mishima's literal object of desire as he is a reflection of his (supposed) lover, commits to a life serving the tenno, not even the real tenno but a symbolic one that practically unites the japanese people as brothers and sisters.

Also the documentary on him by BBC shows him talking about japanese culture with some very interesting thoughts. He calls it a bloodthirsty nation, and as is known, blood, his own thirst for blood, was an essential topic for Mishima up until the very end.Both Kiyoaki and Isao are "timeless", as they defy the morality and cultural values of their westernized culture.

+ he commited to a life of sword and pen, as he himself states, after his journey to greece, which is in his late phase. Identifying a fathe complex is wrong i think, i believe that his grandmother, a noble old woman that hated westernized japan, had a much greater influence on him. Their shared history is quite interesting. I recommend everyone Yourcenar's book on Mishima, though she doesn't get him as much as i do, since she isn't a homomale :^^^)

>read
spook

>Beauty was everything to him, but the ultimate beauty lay beyond himself. It lay in the japanese culture, with the emperor as it's symbolic center. To sacrifice his life for this, was a beautiful death. He wrote: I want to live forever, on his death note. And this was his goal. Uniting beauty with action, through the symbolic act of seppuku, gave his life a beauty beyond his physical presence - his life became symbolic and thus extended beyond life itself. Thus he's still by far

This is the most japanese thing I've read in my life. All of japanese idealistic philosophy is based on these exact ideas all the way back to japanese middle ages, hence seppuku for mishima.

What is not explored at all is the real of japanese philosophy, as it is exemplified by the living japanese today: ultra-consumerist, extremely conservative, cowardly, escapist, ignorant of the world and innately self absorbed.

Mishima died so that the japanese could keep believing the ideals espoused by the japanese (beaty, perfection, immortality, immutability) represent them. Hence, a gay man commits suicide to bring back the emperor, and the japanese dont have to look in the mirror and realise nobody ever believed in that bullshit in the first place, it was just a lie to create and keep society in existence, hence an emperor who rules over nothing.

>Babyhead thoughts on anarchism
He's an Asian bimbo. Probably a good writer, he's got me on that. Just not too bright.

>Kills self
Oh so "red pilled"

Still, if you study a life as one might study a play, Mishima's life has a mystique.

He circumvented his inability to have children by inventing a sort of maverick traditionalism, and so lived on through his work.

Isn't that what we all want?

Except attitudes toward suicide are different in Japan you ignorant fucking mongoloid.

>5'1"

He was mentally ill and wrote gibberish.

You're saying he's not "red pilled"
It doesn't matter what Japan thinks of suicides. Do you think I judge him like a Christian would?
Gimme a break.

>5'1

can someone translate this to measurements from the civilized world?

1.55448 meters

>wrote gibberish
Maybe if you read at a 5th grade level

He offered a mindset where we always question and reevaluate our ethics and morals, anti-lastman. Any viewpoint that orbits a preexisting one is bound to cause insanity. "Counter-X" predicates an existing "X." Ultimately he failed whereas Kant's Universal maxim is falsifieable.

Is The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea a good starter?

I read his Patriotism short and I fell in love with his writing.

>I espouse everything with my two favorite meme philosophers

Wrong thread Commie, you have little to no grasp on the man's work.

Tell your brown shirt friends to get out of my thread, liberal.

This thread is my private property.

trips confirm, great post

Shouldn't you be busy defending all those very viable examples of anarchism in practise

Do you honestly think that the ultimate secret about reality and our world has anything to do with race?

You think that's air you're breathing?

I know. It's mine.

No extra effort is needed. The semi-anarchists and proto-anarchists are doing a fine job of it themselves

>What is not explored at all is the real of japanese philosophy, as it is exemplified by the living japanese today: ultra-consumerist, extremely conservative, cowardly, escapist, ignorant of the world and innately self absorbed.

>who is Honda
>who are the various side characters in many of his stories
>what is Mishima's coup-speech right before his suicide

Start with Confessions of a Mask

Mishima was heavily formed by Nietzsche's philosophy, it was through him that he "discovered" the greeks. I simply (i'm that user, was on a different pc) pointed out how Nietzsche's though is an extension of Stirners, as the post i replied to referenced Stirner.

Not surpising considering most of his work has never been translated into english. His large collection of political and cultural writings which deal directly with his views remain only in japanese. But I suggest you pick up his commentary on Hagakure which was seminal in his thinking

>commentary on Hagakure

This one?

They're more likely to be romantics, of course they're more dangerous

I feel sad this is my actual height

Yes. Also if you can read Spanish, check out "Lecciones Espirituales para los jóvenes samuráis", there's a pdf floating about. I doubt we may ever see many of his overtly political works in english considering how "inciting to violence" they are

As you should

>skipping leg day
no.

Thanks, I'll give it a go, sadly no audiobooks available.

>Chad jawline
>almost a midget

life is cruel

Can someone explain this "spook" meme to me?

Meme shit that isn't even in the book. Veeky Forums likes him because "le epic cariacture man xDDD"

youtube.com/watch?v=tbBcxOcoZ_4

well that's what "red-pilled" means

Why do you guys always have to make everything about politics and your own pathetic identity? I really appreciate Mishima as an artist and person including his issues and ideals. But all you do is bicker about whether he's your big daddy or as much of a loser as you. It's fucking pathetic.

Shit, really felt sorry for the guy.

Where can I read this "red pill" ? I understand cultures have iq disparities and different categorizations of the majority of a certain cultures actions.

But where I can I read this ?

What a fucking vapid bitch. And I'm 6'5.

she looks like a tranny

lmao. angry little fellas

Holy...I want more....

>Why do you guys always have to make everything about politics and your own pathetic identity?
Ask Mishima.

So he was the Japanese Kierkegaard. No wonder I see nothing in him.
Anything that puts you to sleep is this memer pill of yours.

Stalin was a published poet as a young man. Georgians still read him, even though they're credited as "user".

>So he was the Japanese Kierkegaard. No wonder I see nothing in him.

Obviously not from the post you're replying to, Kierkegaard took the leap of faith.

Essentially, a spook is something along the lines of an abstract concept that can only exist in an abstract world, such as "man" or "society" or "God" but is forced onto the physical world and valourized more than one's own personal gain. Read the Ego and its own for a better explanation than this tl;dr.