Brainlet needs advice

Any engineers from whatever fields here that can tell me how hard the math that's needed in university and work is?

Physics I and II was fine, but since last semesters with the introduction of all the quantum shit I barely scrape by and I'd rather choose something I can actually do now over finishing this degree with barely passing grades.

From what I've read it seems most engineering fields shouldn't be too hard compared to what I already did.

the joke is that nobody uses math in the field. That's what computers are for. The weak point is the human, you don't want them doing math.

You mean in engineering or physics?
Because even if I wouldn't need any math in the field, I'd still need to complete my degree and I probably won't get anything better than a 3 (8 of 15 points)

look, I don't care what silly grading system your educational structure uses. You're not going to be figuring out equations in real employment unless you're planning on being a teacher. Find a trade school worth a damn and get paid sooner.

Why would I go to a trade school if math is secondary for engineers?

to learn some fucking trades so you can communicate to people reasonably about the things they're hiring you for.

Civil engineer here.

I have never used calculus at work.
I have used basic trig (sin, cos, tan) and algebra.
If you design cables, you would need to know hyperbolic trig functions. But the equations are plug and chug.

My work is very codified (i.e. building codes). A lot of it is plug and chug. Sometimes knowing the fundamentals helps but it is rarely necessary.

kek you will be destroyed in engineering, it has nothing to do with >muh pure mathematical autism

The pure mathematics iswhat makes me not want to do Physics.
I also already had Mech I and Electronics etc.

>He thinks GPA matters
If you are an engineer of any sort you just get your introductory grunt job in whatever field that you want to move up in. After the first job nobody cares what school you went to and what your GPA was. The only thing tha matters is how good you are at doing your job and brining in money. D stands for Done. D stands for Diploma. D stands for Dollabillsy'all. Work 2 years at that first shitty job you get, you'll probably be working for pajeet pay, but don't worry, after that 2 years apply at another job and lie about what you're making, and if you're white you'll get a great job.

geotech civil here, you gotta know all your soil mechanics equations which are not much more than basic algebra. your hydrostatics which often has some trig to find forces, and maybe some trig for batter piles or something. It's just not a math intensive job which is why Veeky Forums hates civil so much. Plus you have to a Chad to make it.

>Civil engineer
>I have never used calculus at work.
You never used calculus in school either you fucking retard.

are you actually retarded or just unfamiliar with university requirements?

>Civil engineer
>Having any standards
>Implying you're not the retarded brother of engineering.

k

Thanks guys, heard the same from another engineer I spoke to. Will look into it a bit more and then probably do that.

The math isn't difficult, it's tedious. But it is easy to mistake the two. Also you'll basically never use it except in a few select jobs.

Degrees are little more than licenses for on-the-job training.

>Plus you have to a Chad to make it.
What did he mean by this?

He meant most civil engineers are tradies that went back to a uni so they can't increase their salary; often they get tuition reimbursement from the company they work for too.

t. 20yr old going back for my civil engineering degree for free while making $30 per hour

Sorry for not answering your question; a lot of guys in the trades are jacked and ripped chads. One of the guys i work with won't shutup about how great his sex was with every day.

also
>can
not
>can't

what kind of shitty university do you go to that a D is a passing grade?

Software engineer here,

I dont use any hard math for my job because I develop software for a company that doesn't do anything beyond rates of change.

Trade school isn't free though right? How much cheaper is it compared to uni?

If you join the electricians union/brotherhood it's paid, and you start out as an apprentice; then after 5 years you become a journeyman and have a higher pay bracket.

That first year you will be a bitch though; getting conduit and shit

>cont

I was a dumb kid who went straight to trade school at 19, but for that reason alone I was able to start out earning alot....and my professor had connections in the controls field and hooked me up with a dank position

as for costs; it was $30,000 for two years before finanical aid;

D is passing in all classes except those major courses and core courses which require a C.
I think he's saying most Civils are chads or have to pretend to be. Most engineering jobs are like this, you have clients that want to be talked to and demand results. As such you have to have some amount of verbal acuity to be a project manager or sell your busninesses services.
>going back
>20
what were you able to attain prior to 20? Also, the guys you're talking about here are like in construction companies and have never had an engineering class, they'll go to school and get a civil engineering (((technology))) degree, which is basically garbage and won't get you a job anywhere.