How was this guy so right?

How was this guy so right?

He was rich, powerful and never had to struggle.

>suffering is objective
Ayy lmao

tangentially related on stoics - i've read none of seneca so far

which of his works are worth reading first?

money and power don't excuse you from hardships

Being poor is easy, that's why so many people are poor, you do your miserable job, don't compete and you get to live.
The struggle to be powerfull and rich isn't, even more to remain.

It's like saying he had it easy because "he was healthy", while he worked out every single day and you have doritos for diner.

I've never read Seneca either, but I'm leaning towards Letters from a Stoic.

Excuses are the currency of those who must ask permission.

Most of Seneca's writings don't exist, except those written down by others. Same or Epictetus, but you should read what there is and all of it.

You can seriously read everything from the stoics in a week, so little remains. So, quit with this "someone make me a flowchart" shit and just read it.

Fuck me harder, daddyyyyyyyy!

Its depressing that for such a huge and popular philosophy, especially among the Roman Aristocracy, so little remains.

>Excuses are the currency of those who must ask permission.
That's stupid

this is your mind on memes

Cause he copy/pasted a bunch of shit from real philosopers into his diary.

Nod argumends :-DDd

i liked the book but couldn't help but think it was aimed at consoling old people before death or who might have regrets

>Being poor is easy
Only if you live in a post industrial revolution first world country, you fucktard.

On the extremely shitty countries of the modern world and every country pre industrial revolution poor people had to deal with extremely harsh jobs, a constant state of starvation, dying children (I know everyone had to deal with this shit but poor fucks had it worse), no hygiene whatsoever, shitty houses, diseases, etc; while also having absolutely no social movility so if you were born poor there is practically no way to stop being poor no matter how hard you try. Meanwhile rich people spent their days studying, practicing martial arts and attending to feasts.

Not every point in time and space is 21st century America where you can work at a shitty factory job and go home with enough money to comfortably survive

>proto-fedora
>right

>Not every point in time and space is 21st century America where you can work at a shitty factory job and go home with enough money to comfortably survive

Not disagreeing with your main point, but this quoted part is now more or less gone from the US.

Read Havamal for more stoicism.

Bc there was a mobie and Russell crowe

Cicero isn't just a character from skyrim

Say that to Epictetus, who also was a Stoic philosopher.

this explains buddha and bertrand russell too

you don't really believe this right?