Well, Veeky Forums?

Well, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y8mzDvpKzfY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my mind is broken

Stay still, according to Newton's fifth law of tramenostatics

itll smack the back retard. Ever been ona train and had to hold the rails so you wouldnt fall back? I cant believe im taking the bait

Anyone who's ever ridden on a train standing up can tell you that there's inertia as the train starts or stops and you have to hold on to something.

DEPENDS ON AIR VISCOCITY AND TRAIN PERMEABILLITY. NEXT QUESTION PLOX

The closed doors stop the air molecules from moving so much (the scientific term for this is a "closed system"), so the carriage is basically one "solid object"

Imagine the helicopter is inside a block of jello, which is itself inside a wooden box with no space between the block of jello and the wooden box

If you move the box, will the helicopter move through the jello until it "smacks against" the back of the box? No, because the jello applies equal and opposite forces (see Newton's third law) to each side of the helicopter

The same is true for the helicopter in OP's question, where the air acts as the jello and the train carriage as the wooden box

Does it have a valid transport ticket?

This gotta be bait, air molecules "dont move so much". Thats dumb af.

Except the helicopter is not suspended in jello (why are you even mentioning it?), but precisely air.

The helicopter would stay stationary in a train moving with constant speed, but move with respect to the train in case of acceleration/deceleration, just like you in fact as said.

depends on the viscosity of the air blah blah now fuck off. You're retarded if you think air is close to fucking jello.

>being this retarded.
Im so glad its summertime so the board is filled with retards like this. Where the fuck did this jello shit come from? If you want to get in to specifics, it will move back but how much depends on the weight of the helicopter and the density of the air.

I think what he meant is there is "no significant net movement of air particles".

The helicopter stays still, assuming that the train is a perfectly closed system. It should be obvious, since your hair is lighter than the helicopter but it doesn't blow on the train

youtube.com/watch?v=y8mzDvpKzfY

Holy kek. Air is compressible. Your hair blows on the train, it's neglible tho. Pressure of the air changes when the system is accelerating look at video.

It certainly moves towards the back wall, I don't if it'll hit the wall though. This is just a trivial application of fictitious forces.

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM

It will move forward and smack into the front wall, this being caused by the fact that the helicopter is lighter than air.

For the most part the helicopter will stay put because the air in the train will move with the train. Air is pretty compressible so the air on which the helicopter hovers may move back slightly before the forces equilize, so the helicopter itself would probably move back slightly at first, and then remain still.

any other answer is a brainlet tier

Trips of truth.

>The Doors close
Sounds like the helicopter will break on through to the other side

who the fuck let you fly an RC helicopter into a fucking train. The real question should be whether you're tackled by security before or after the helicopter gets to the train doors.

Hilarious, reddit.

how can you know the helicopter is even there if the doors close and you cant observe it? The helicopter must take all possible states and thus smacks the front wall, back wall, and stays still until observed where it collapses into one state.

see

As the train accelerates the air will compress on the back of the train and that higher pressure at the back will push the helicopter forwards

HEHEHEH XDDDDD nice meme!!

it will depend on the density of the air and the density of the helicopter not it's weight, since air's density is very small compared to the helicopter's it will basically smash the back of the train almost as if it was a vacuum in there

I suppose that's true, I hadn't really ever thought about it that way. Math major doesn't include much physics I guess

> Whats inertia hurr durr?

>implying you cant get density from weight.
>Implying it isnt also dependent on weight
Wew lad

I like this one better than that treadmill question.

You're a meme.

bump

Its not the air molecules that matter you colossal faggot. The helicopter has inertia and wants to stay at rest. It may not smack into the back wall but its definitely going to move backwards, or more accurately, not move at all.

Fictional actual forces you mean.

underr8ed