Everyman Library

When I looked up buying the Everyman Library set, some of the images showed what's on the left, and some showed what's on the right. How will the books come? Is the black the dust jacket? Or a newer edition?

Other urls found in this thread:

everymanslibrary.co.uk/all-author.aspx?letter=T&search=&firstname=Leo&surname=Tolstoy
flickr.com/photos/rotorcito/3507663497/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You'll have to look at what the site you're buying them from says. They might be selling the old version, they might be selling the new.

I guess that depends on who's shipping it.

I got the black jacket on a recent purchase

So is the right the old edition? And both pictures are therefore the dust jackets, with the old editions having brown jackets and the new ones black?

>Everyman's Library
When will this gay meme die?

I don't know, sorry.
everymanslibrary.co.uk/all-author.aspx?letter=T&search=&firstname=Leo&surname=Tolstoy

Here's their site. What they're selling now is the red one, ISBN 978 1 85715 096 4

Here's a view from Amazon. The burgundy to me looks like the cloth hardcover of the book itself, not a dust jacket.

Might be UK v. US

So the red is definitely the cloth covers, not a dustjacket.

And apparently some come new without the black dust jackets at all.

What did you buy, and from where?

They come with a dust jacket like on the left when you take it off it looks like the right you stupid cuck.

Why does have them sealed without dust jackets then?

Weird.
flickr.com/photos/rotorcito/3507663497/
I think it should come without the dust jackets. Why would you need them if you have the box?

Which translation does Everyman use?

Check the ISBN and the year, put it into Google

NEVER EVER EVER buy from third party amazon sellers if you actually plan on receiving the exact edition you ordered

Everyman's uses the Maudes translation, leaving in-line French translations. Preferable to the casual reader IMO, though purists may prefer the OWC edition which restores the footnotes to the Maudes translation.

There also exists the P&V translation which is closer to the Russian, but less suitable to the casual reader. I've heard good things about the Briggs and Garnett translations too.

Also Everyman's leaves the anglicanized names. To me this is not preferable, but alas we can't have everything.

>Buying an Everyman edition
>Ever

Get off the board, troll

Give one good reason to buy them, cucky.

They have the best collection of Tolstoy's short stories