Recommendations

Post personal ratings of books you've read, others recommend based on ratings

young adult here, trying to get more out of literature. Currently reading Portrait of The Artist as a Young Man.

and yeah I know this chart is ugly as shit

Go back to Rebbit

very /mu/-ish thread. Not too fond of this at all.

p sure they actually have a list of books not to be mentioned because they've beaten the horse to death

No, I'm not making a power ranking list of classics, fuck you in particular

Good effort OP, but people on Veeky Forums are super fucking lazy. It's why we have no memes, and posts like this usually fail.

jesus

Why would I bother making a meme when reading a book sounds more productive of my time.

Fucking Kys and never come back to Veeky Forums

Hence we have no memes.

Awful taste. Kill yourself.

pathetically transparent attempt at samefagging, kys OP

I'd almost feel sorry for OP, but he put IJ at 10, so the response is warranted.

That was my first post in this thread. Hurts, don't it?

It's for the best, look at what memeing has done to the other boards.

Veeky Forums has the best Veeky Forums-adjacent memes. Sadly, most of the people on there are awful at history and science in general.

we'll duh more than half of what I read I felt was middle of the road or worse. thats why I'm asking for recs

Fuck off

Ratings out of 10, out of 100, out of a 1000 are worthless in every sense of the word

you probably don't even know enough about books to suggest something lol

You're right. Now, leave and never return.

nigga ive been here for years I was just sick of picking randomly off charts. don't be sour grapes because people actually read the books Veeky Forums suggests

>has been here for years
>still reads pleb YA bullshit

Seriously, fuck off.

Can I have reccs based on an homework I have to do?
Looking for books that would explain why do people feel more strongly about injustice than justice.

I was thinking of rereading the nicomachean ethic, some Kant and maybe theory of justice by John Rawls although I do not really know for sure what it's about

if you never read young adult novels how do you know they're bad??
crime and punishment

Not this guys Most YA novels are fucking bullshit

You're not getting serious replies because the premise of your thread is lazy and shit.

How do I know what to recommend you based on your 10/10 rating of IJ, if I don't know why you liked IJ?
Did you enjoy
>the prose?
>the stream of consciousness and disjointed narratives?
>the humor?
>did certain themes in particular reverberate with you?

from the hodge podge of books you've read and this thread it seems like you're more interested in powering through a prepared package of pre-approved classics rather than developing a taste of your own

>great gatsby
>8/10

Are you a current 10th grader? This seems like a mix of highschool english and YA

>Infinite Jest being a 10/10
Top kek

Let this thread die, faggots

>most of the people on there are awful at history and science in general.
>science

strange, I wonder why

Read Don Quixote and Eugene Onegin, they're both fantastic solid 9/10 imo and have a lot of significance historically.

Please /lil/ I don't want to open a thread, can someone help me remembering the title of a book?

Is from a Japanese author and is about a married man who was (sexually, i think) abused as a child and now he feel the need to harm or kill his newborn baby so he goes to find someone else to kill instead. He founds a woman who is almost or more crazy than he is.

Please help.

why the catcher in the rye is so low?

>he actually put Harry Potter on the chart because he's only read a handful of books and needed to pad it out
>he actually put "Hamlet" on the chart

Has it ever occurred to you that you aren't well-read enough to even form educated judgements about literature, much less try to conversate about it online?

>douglas adams
>not 1/10
epic for the win bro!

nah it was just everything I recalled reading, including whatever I had read in high school and so fourth. Haven't been able to get done with that much with university, but the ones I can remember post high school was basically infinite jest, house of god, v, first bad man, hemingway collection, fight club, call to action, at gatsby (surprisingly wasn't required in my high school and I felt like I had missed out so I read it with my gf)
i've heard a lot of good things about Don Quixote from my bud who's in the creative writing program. What translation do you prefer?
I just personally thought it wasn't too phenomenal of a story. like the teenage angst of it, but I'd rather listen to brand new for 30 minutes to wrestle angst then read J.D. Salinger personally.
mostly the themes. I'd be lying if I said the narrative and layout didn't leave me confused a large percentage of the time, but the overall tone of humor and what I believe to be very relevant themes to 21st era, of depersonalization, man vs technology, the role media plays against its audience, I found it more resonating then all then much of what else I have read.
and yeah, I suppose I am going through a lot of the classics, but isn't that how one develops at taste? trying the standards and seeing what you prefer, identify with and which ones you didn't care for seems like the best place to start.

I think you're talking about Ryu Murakami's Piercing?

>Infinite Meme alone at the top

>McCarthy in the same tier as Harry Potter

>Douglas Adams above 4/10

>Including Palaniuk at any tier above 4

you are looking for r/books.