People actually believe that gender != sex

>people actually believe that gender != sex

Oxford Dictionary sites...

Sex: Either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and most other living things divide themselves into

Although with slight variations regarding interpetation, it could be said that for the most part both definitions are similar if not the same

When will these dipshits realise...

Most countries don't even have words to distinguish between those concepts. It's pretty much an anglo thing.

>people actually believe that gender != sex
That's how language works. Two words are different if people use them to describe different things.
"Gender" is often used to refer to the psychological and social aspects of masculinity/femininity, and "sex" to the physiological and genetic aspects. If you think those concepts are 100% connected that's one thing (and wrong), but to claim that they're actually the same thing is simply absurd.

>muh semantics

> If you think those concepts are 100% connected that's one thing (and wrong)
>(and wrong)
No problem if you are a faggot and love sucking dicks, but you will never ever be a woman, no matter how much you feel like it.

>If you think those concepts are 100% connected that's one thing (and wrong)
I don't think that's wrong. Males pretending to feel like women are just sickos, being psychologically a woman being physically determined by the fact of being a woman with a woman brain and hormones

I grokked the concept after seeing the movie Crying Game.

Transsexuals, even though a rare minority, do exist so it can be quite complicated.

Schizos, even though a rare minority, do exist so it can be quite complicated. When will you anglo cucks stop treating certain mental disorders like they're nothing bad.

It is wrong. "Sex" is exclusively biological. "Gender" can be assigned to inanimate objects or even concepts. Connectors and French nouns don't have a "sex" but they do have a "gender".

It's the distinction between "terror" and "horror". They are similar, related concepts and have been used interchangeably in certain contexts, but they have distinct definitions and uses.

Transexual are mentally ill. Can you retards please stop shilling them as courageous individual and an example for children? Literally every other trans works in the sex industry and is a complete wretch. They should be helped, or if your cisgender guilty and political ideology prevents you to, ignored and not brought up in the limelight.

>mentally ill
as if shitposters aren't

native speaker of a language with genders here. genders only exist to make nouns agree with articles and adjectives, nobody thinks objects are female or male. stop spreading bullshit.

> they should be helped
How would you like to help them? Do you know of a treatment that would cure them?

>how should they be helped
pic related

Show one language where linguistic gender actually assigns a gender to its object. There's none, it's there just because that's how the language works. It doesn't make anyone think that 'doors' are female or 'chair' is female. Stop spreading bullshit.

This is about the answer I expected.

I'm not an expert in mental illness, that's for the real doctors to decide.

Portuguese

Go back to /pol/

And they decided hormone trearment and transitioning is the best way to treat gender dysphoria. Reducing suicide rates etc.

Youre just being a dick

I missed the part where they decided fawning over them and glorifying them as brave and courageous example to children was part of the treatment.

>redit spacing
go back

Well yeah, but the media is to blame for that.

Doesnt change the fact that Hormone treatment and transitioning is the only treatment found to actualy work (yet).

So until we find a way to treat the feminised parts of the brain (brain scan have pretty much proven that gay men and transgender "women" have feminised areas of the brain thought to be related to sexual attraction and possibly gender expression. Lesbians and transgender "men" have those areas of the brain show as typicaly masculine), hormone treatment and letting them live as the opposite gender is literaly only option we have to treat them, barring killing them. So really, we shouldnt be dicks about it. Theyre in pain and suffering. I read many transwomen saying they wish they could be born a normal man and not have these feelings. It's really not a choice on their part.

One day there may be different treatments that work and i may change my mind. But until then, i support hormome treatment

Read my comment again Point where I said anything about hormone treatment.

Well fuck, my bad.

I guess I agree with you then.

And the consensus among doctors is not to call it a mental illness. I suppose you'll listen to that because they're experts and you're not, right? No, of course not.

are you retarded?

If you /pol/ tards want trans to be ignored then maybe shut the fuck up and stop making threads about it

If you're so easily triggered you shouldn't stray from reddit.

>MUH /POL/ BOOGEYMAN

I'm not triggered. I'm replying to someone who wants to ignore the trans issue by telling him to ignore it. Pretty simple shit dude

I merely acknowledge their existence. I really have no opinion about what I think is a non issue.

That's not really a consensus though. They agree transition can be the best way, but many still believe it is a disease.

>"""many"""

>I'm replying to someone who wants to ignore the trans issue by telling him to ignore it
Your reading comprehension skills sucks, or maybe you're just pretending to be retarded to claim to be right. Either way fuck off and suck a dick.

>"""consensus"""

>/pol/tards start a trannie thread
> complain that people talk about trannies too much
You have to go back

Meaning general agreement, yes

>can't read
>obsessed with /pol/tards
reddit is the place for you

So, now that you're here, let's talk some more about your favourite subject: trannies. That's what you're here to discuss, right?

So, how bout them trannies?

back to SJWtard pedophile scum

I thought you wanted to talk about trannies

No, I wanted somebody to validate my views. Why would I be interested in discourse?

You're the only faggot who's all up in arms about trannies here.

being that "gender" as a term originates in linguistics
>muh semantics
is fucking right

The definition of marriage used to be "-of man and woman"

It is not anymore.

What do you think of that?
Are your opinions limited to google definitions?

Why are you posting in a tranny thread? Are you a tranny / like trannies?

I checked the Google translator, and both words seem to translate into one word in my native language.

Oh yeah, well, obviously. I have a gender but I still don't have sex.

are you trying figure yourself out by asking strangers on the internet these questions?

There are only two genders

Masculine and Feminine.

There are only two sexes Female and Males.

A guy who likes to wear pretty clothes and acts very irrationally can identify as the Feminine gender but still is the male sex.

End of discussion trannies.

kys bigot

In sane countries, the marriage is still exclusively between man and a woman

Kys schizo

This is linguistics.

If a large number of people use the words in different ways, then that's the meaning the words have. Language is a human construct, it has only the meaning we give it.

Wow great help. I agree they're mentally ill but I suspect so are you

I don't mind if these sickos pay for this themselves, but it shouldn't be on the public purse

So you're totally for them transitioning, just not calling them brave? Or were you just saying things?

>can identify as the Feminine
No, he is just a male with feminine sexual preferences, he is not a "she"

That's not what I mean. Can you replace "linguistical gender" with "linguistical sex" and expect people to understand what you mean? No? Then gender and sex are not the same thing.

Like Saudi Arabia and Iran?

no I don't need to figure myself out, I already know I'm a tranny. want to make out?

Certain definitions only exist because people want to muddy the waters and deceive others. They literally make the language less useful. The psych definition of "gender" is an example.

You can't just excuse that by saying "but language is a human construct!"

allowing a transgender man/woman to get reassignment surgery is like letting a straitjacket-tier nutcase bang their head against a wall
whatever happened to "do no harm"?

let me guess, you love (R)ussia

Gender is used now to describe """gender expression""" by some people. It's a pretty retarded position, but >implying there are more than two genders is kind of a strawman because it's using a different definition of gender than they are.

If gender = sex, there are two genders. If it doesn't, there isn't a specific number of genders just like there isn't a specific number of personalities. Again I think it's a stupid definition which is used by sophists to tacitly degrade the perceived importance of biological sex but for the most part it is internally consistent.

Not doing the reassignment does more harm.

It doesn't.
A male can believe they are a woman and behave like one sexually; they are just homosexual in these cases.

Also, they're possibly troubled if they actually went with modern day gender reassignment surgery; self-mutilation is a step beyond.

>And they decided hormone trearment and transitioning is the best way to treat gender dysphoria
That's actually total bullshit. The majority of gender dysphoria is just a specific kind of body image issue and has been repeatedly shown to be caused by general anxiety. It has also been shown that therapy can help lessen feelings of gender dysphoria by helping them feel more comfortable in their own body.

>Hormone treatment and transitioning is the only treatment found to actualy work
*work sometimes a little and other times have the opposite effect.

What you're talking about is gender identity. It's what gender the person identifies as, not what gender they are. Why has everyone forgotten this?

Idiots, right?
everyone knows that
[math] (gender)!= (gender)\cdot(gender-1)\cdot ...\cdot2\cdot1 [/math]

Haha nice post, friend
upboated XD