How True Is This Image?

How True Is This Image?

110 percent

Beethoven was better than Mozart.
I dunno the film guy.
While Joyce did make humanity's masterpiece, literature still could go through quite a few more innovations, and it has. Potentially DFW ends up becoming the author that delivers the last new ideas and models to literature. Hopefully not. I really, really hope not.
Wittgenstein does finish all language related philosophy, but I wouldn't quite say the whole field.

>I dunno the film guy.

Stopping reading right there.

>Wittgenstein finished literature
I wish this meme ended already

film isn't art so who actually cares

You've already established yourself as a pleb, please refrain from posting

>>Wittgenstein finished literature

Where does it say that?

>film isn't art so who actually cares

Stopped reading right there.

>8933508 here
This wasn't me samefagging, you should've seen the poster counter you autistic fuck.

So true that you have ended the game in the field of shitposting.

Fuck I accidentally the whole sentence

You've already established yourself as a pleb, please refrain from posting

>Nabokov
>Zizek
>Debussy
>Kubrick

No

bach ended classical before it started

Probably tru tbqh

>Zizek
Negro please

>White Men

Fixed it for u

Now we are talking.

>>Nabokov
Good but didn't end the game.

>>Zizek
In no way monumental.

>>Debussy

>>Kubrick

That's not a man, retard.

plebs on Veeky Forums, who would say?

>watching some dudes pretending to be other person talking about random gay shit for 2 hours
>Wow such artsy wow i love pictures xD
Fuck. Off.

wtf I hate cinema now

if you keep to his podcasts then you know zizy is high quality h2o

It wasn't really a rebuttal to who I thought ended the game, so much as people who disprove endgame
jj did good
wit is autismo
Wolfy was pure ideology
And terry? compared to Ford or Kubrick he's a fingerpaint

>Beethoven was better than Mozart
Top plen

Bro, that's the whole sentence! You fucked up! You fucked up big!

>Wittgenstein is the final boss of philosophy
>implying it isn't Heidegger

who is the movie guy?

I'm a pleb
Who is film guy?

Debussy popularised the trend of eschewing tonality that led to serialism and similar degenerative movements in the 20th century, from which we've never really recovered. If any one figure can be said to have "killed" music, it's him.

Rob Reiner, you uncultured toilet

Okay I'll give you my thoughts on it

>Literature
Joyce is fine with me. I don't think anyone else has been so confidently experimental or more influential in the modern era than Joyce. If I had to pick someone over him it would be Shakespeare.

>Philosophy
If we should include the Greeks, I have to say Aristotle, but if we're only looking modern era, I'd go Nietzsche and not like the /pol/ version of Nietzsche, the real one that isn't a Nazi or white supremacist.

>Music
Uh... My personal favorite is Can but if we're doing all time greatest, I'd say Bach.

>Film
This is my wheelhouse and I'll say Bergman. I think he's probably the greatest director to live. Resnais is the greatest editor.

Terrance Malik

Mediocre bait

It doesn't matter because Bach is better than either of them.

yeah, right, because we are on /tv/, right?

fuck off

Screenplays are literature.

Scorsese > all

Should be Schoenberg for music. Tarantino did it for films but not in a good way.

Replace Malick with Tarkovsky.

Idk what's going on in this exchange but it seems like you might actually think that's rob reiner and it's not, it's terry malick

I think the Literature and Philosophy ones are concrete but Music and Film is too shaky.

>choosing ONE great person in each form of media
>thinking this isn't the biggest pleb thing to ever do in regards to art

you people are disgusting

>screenplays are films

I mean film as an artform is not even a century and a half old.
It's just ridiculous to talk about the "endgame" of film at this stage

>he thinks multiple people can be right in philosophy

replace film with Kurosawa

Though this is obvious bait, Wittgenstein pretty much ended discussion philosophy of language in the same way that Hume ended discussion of induction (inb4 Kantians disagree)

>film isn't art
Gaseth thine self

>he thinks they can't

oh boy

>one guy makes a claim
>one guy makes a different claim
>both can be right

What's it like being retarded?

xd gud one

It's totally true. Now you can just berry your head in the sand and rest assured that you'll never have to think about anything ever again.

>>>r/books

why is film represented and painting or photography not? Film is not nearly as important as those two, you may as well replace philosophy with television and literature with performance art. Also, very few impactful artists read Joyce. Kafka probably shaped more writers, even if he is less obscurantist. Borges and dozens of others admit to never having read a sizable portion of his works, yet every writer, no matter how advanced, has a huge affinity for Kafka.

you tell me

Literature: fairly true
Philosophy: somewhat true
Music and Film: absolutely not

Thank you for being helpful by naming Malik (something sorely missing on Veeky Forums), but my opinion is that I think your opinions are shit. :)

this is a proper response, I agree with everything you've said.

Hegel should be there. Quietism isn't "ending the game," it's giving up on it.

>it's giving up on it.

No, it's realising there was no game in the first place.

giving up the game is still playing the game

you can't leave the game, the game of philosophy is always being played

what neither of you have seen but what the latter has a better chance of grasping once i exposit it, is that hegel revealed philosophy as a game in the first place.

Hegel was just reinterpreted Taoist/Zen doctrine. Hardly anything revolutionary.

I've read a lot of dumb shit on Veeky Forums today but this may just be the dumbest one of them all

I haven't seen a film since 2013, literature is much better

>I'd go Nietzsche and not like the /pol/ version of Nietzsche, the real one that isn't a Nazi or white supremacist.

Why not Stirner ?

Because Nietzsche actually had something interesting and unique to say, which was not related to politics at all

>this is your brain on /pol/

Change it to Gaben and you might be on to something.

>Because Nietzsche actually had something interesting and unique to say,

How was Stirner not unique (memes aside)? likewise just because his ethics have political elements doesn't discount it.

The last time I played dota 2 I thought it was really boring and I did something else with my day

Overall bad taste in vidya

>Kubrick

Wew lass

You don't understand Wittgenstein.

Fuck off.

LIKE A BOSS

Good post, but I don't think it really responds to the image. It isn't supposed to be necessarily the best, but the one who "finished" the genre.

is the film guy Rob Reiner? I can't tell

Agreed on every point except director. Bergman is top tier but David Lean is somebody who is able to evoke those without conjuring Beckett. Way above him, as I mentioned before, is Kubrick and Ford, maybe even Chaplin. But over all you seem like a very pleasant with good taste- salude comrade, blut und boden!

>Not being an elitist 2017

stifle it meathead

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Zizek
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Debussy

>dialectics
>not even once

>Mozart
it was Strauss you philistines
And Bach was the peak of western music

that was Wagner, Debussy is product of him

I like Lean. I think Lawrence of Arabia might be the best paced film of all time.

I still think Bergman is the superior director however. Persona, shame, Autumn Sonata and Fanny and Alexander are simply amazing and he deserves a large degree of credit for the inspiration of the french new wave with Summer with Monika.

None of them ending anything.

No one finished the game in Film
It has barely even started

The best play so far has been from Tarkovsky, Bergman and Kubrick. Respectively

>This is my wheelhouse and I'll say Bergman.

You know you're probably right. user are mentioning Tarkovsky but the more I think about it Bergman was a greater director.

Guys like Dreyer, Murnau and Eisenstein are up there but they were really proto-directors in comparison.

this

Granted I'm not as well versed on western cinema as you guys but I dont know what you all have against asian cinema

You probably lose it.

TO BE HONEST SENPAI

thread sages at (18:23) 1/5/17

PLEBS

THE LOT OF YOU

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "ENDING" ANYTHING

YOU CAN ONLY OPEN NEW DOORS

>that dirty pair poster

these threads are just a springboard for general discussion you emotional new poster

YOU'RE BASING AN ENTIRE DISCUSSION ON A FALSITY

EVERYONE IN HERE IS NEW AND IF NOT ENTIRELY NEW, REDDIT TIER CRINGE

I BET YOU CALL DIRECTORS "AUTEURS"

>Tarkovsky, Bergman and Kubrick

lmao, pleb

i've been here since 2006. drop the emotion already you caps soapboxing wet blanket.

Caps lock dude is right.

NO YOU HAVEN'T