When did you grow out of hating humanities?

When did you grow out of hating humanities?

you have good taste in women

stop samefagging

According to the thread statistics in the top right and bottom right of the thread, there are 3 unique posters in this thread. Unless you think they went through the trouble of resetting their router for this epic ruse

When it killed itself.

I just hate them more and more. Except history.

looks like a tim burton character. but cute.
Never disliked them.

:3

i grew into hating humanities.
the more i learned about continental philosophy, the more i realized that it was basically nazis, communists and feminists trying to destroy western civilization via their anti reason, anti science, and anti humanism ideologies

When they started developing theories with predictive value... oh right that hasn't happened yet.
Linguists and historians are mostly good people tho.

I never hated them. What I do hate is most humanities students and professors. But some of the humanities can be quite fascinating, if you ignore the frame in which they are taught.

Never did. I do hate it's academic landscape and most of it's disciples, though. It actively tries to ruin everything else with tribalism and ideology. Look at Linguistics, for example.

I don't hate humanities, I hate their fans and the sense of superiority they feel against science.
You know that something horribly went wrong when in a science high school they teach latin, and that happens in my country.

Yay Black Haired Girls :D

when I left high school and professor's stopped teaching dates and names for passing standardized tests, and started really teaching with all their passion mixed in.

Never

My hate for them grows by the day.
Recently sat in some bullshit humanities class we had to take, I almost went mad. These people spend HOURS teaching and debating the most trivial things, they make up tables and diagrams so they can feel better about "learning" things a 5 year old can understand. They're a waste of resources desu.

b8/10

I never hated humanities, but I wasn't interested in them, and I hated being forced to waste my time on history, literature and latin in high school.

Listen, all throughout high school, the only sane teachers were my math and history teachers. Science teachers wouldn't hand out partial credit because they thought we were going to be building bridges, English teachers went from unbelievably lazy to "yell at the class all the time" abusive.

My college professors were all top notch, but I never hated humanities, just the subjects in high school that seemed to house the crazies.

I realised that humanities are much easier than sciences and that most humanities students are too stupid to produce or follow a precise, rigorous argument about the topics they are interested in.

the same way Hilbert proclaimed that physics is too hard for physicists I also feel that most people who lecture in humanities are not intelligent enough to research it and most students who study it are not intelligent enough to discuss or argue about it sensibly.

I don't hate the humanities. I hate the way they are usually taught.

This

never will. every humanities class is filled with idiots