G.R.R.Martin ASOIAF "Game of thrones" General thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

I think the Dany is the daughter of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. Thought's?

I liked the part where they played the game with the thrones

Me too its been a good book series on the whole.

SPOLIER!

Ned Stark dies

/spoiler

gr8, read the whole shit but idk if its worth the read

jon targaryen

Is your life so boring that you sit there and refresh Veeky Forums waiting for a new thread just so you can try and fail yo shit it down? Try reading a good book or something, Game of thrones maybe?

Nope. Its not Jon, Ned forgets Jon a soon as he leaves Winterfell it's whenever Dany is mentioned that he remembers Lyanna and the "Promise me" line.

I used to watch the show but stopped. Is it safe to say that either A. John or Dany or both become the rulers of a kingdom with a destroyed throne or B. Everyone who participated in war dies at the end? This was my conjecture before stopping. It seemed to me that the logic was essentially that war is bad although sometimes it is morally necessary to take up arms to protect the innocent but even then there is some price to pay.

I read the entire series. I don't regret it, but I do wish I'd read something else instead.

OP here. Why are you Veeky Forums people all such pretentious wankers? Your on the bowls of the internet talking about stories other people have written and some how still have the gall to give others shit about the things they like. Grow up, go outside and find a life you sad little neckbeards.

>your on the bowls of the internet

You must not come here often. Just ignore people who talk shit. There is nothing sacred on lit as all authors and universally recognized masterworks are insulted. But seriously, don't post genre fiction on a hostile and pretentious literature board and not expect to be given shit, nut up a little bit

fag

pretty much guessing either one of these endings will be how itll go down. either that or georgie boy croaks on us and we get to twirl our dicks and wonder

but seriously, are you new here? dont take the bait so damn easily.

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

wtf I love game of thrones now!

He has taken on an understudy of sorts in case he dies. I'm thinking all the major players are either going to die or get the Jaime rebirth treatment. And then there will be some kind of big peace treaty similar to the Firstmen/Children of the forest deal that takes place between the "Others" who are just people that got shut out for being different and everyone else. Also I think the others may have actually built the wall and men took it from them during the War for the dawn.

Dany was born when her mother and Viserys were on the boat to Bravos, not in the tower joy.

>He has taken on an understudy of sorts in case he dies
Fair enough, but if it doesn't live up the hype I fear for the understudy.

>I'm thinking all the major players are either going to die or get the Jaime rebirth treatment.
I think most will die. I think the big three however (Dany, Jon, Tyrion) won't die, or they'll die of something stupid like age (which depends on how much time the last two books are going to span)

>big peace treaty
this is the most logical way to end the series, but also kinda feels like a cop out. but at the same time i also kinda feel like the others might be unbeatable given the state of westeros and the coming of the long night etc etc

>the others may have actually built the wall
another logical conclusion, theres a great deal we don't know about the wall but i hope to learn more about it in TWOW

>Also I think the others may have actually built the wall and men took it from them during the War for the dawn.

pretty much this, but with no one sitting on the iron throne, possibly because Georgie boy will cop out and make westeros a democracy

>under the sea the men don't wear hats

We might be going the way of Robert Jordan, which was a bit disappointing. I'd actually like for Gurm to finish this, but at the rate the books are being released, it's just not possible. ASoS and ADwD were really big mistakes.

But I digress, which hanging plot threads are you most interested in? I'm terribly intrigued with Ned's and Ashara's story.

That info comes from Viserys, and it would make sense that he would tell her that because otherwise Dany has a claim to the throne that's just as good as his own.

I'm most excited to find out what Euron is actually up to because the whole I need the perfect queen thing is a front. And I want to know what the facless men are up to, specifically why jhaqen is in Old town stealing citadel keys. As for Ashara/Ned I think Jon is a bastard of house Dayne and Ashara is the one that delivered Dany to essos and is now posing as Quaith to try and guide her safely home.

I'm not But I've always liked Arya's/Faceless men arc, desperately want to know whats up in Oldtown, and like that other guy said Euron will be a major player I think (fingers crossed for Oldtown cracken)

>ASoS and ADwD were really big mistakes
sadly yeah. they just didnt match the intensity of the first three. perhaps I could forgive if TWOW really comes together wonderfully and all that was done in the last two books was to 'set the stage'. But thats a bit of a stretch. Time will tell.
>As for Ashara/Ned I think Jon is a bastard of house Dayne and Ashara is the one that delivered Dany to essos and is now posing as Quaith to try and guide her safely home.
Woah, this is a good one. But isn't R+L=J basically cannon at this point, or do you still think Martins got some more tricks up his sleeves for the loyal book fans?

Anyone else not really anticipating book six? Regardless of Martin's taking the time, I had to force myself through AFFC and ADWD back then, compared to the great and comfy time I had reading the first three, so I'm not sure what to expect. Also, and I know it's stupid, the massive hype of the TV show plebs not shuting about it everywhere "omggg they all die XD boobiesss :DDD" kind of made my interest in the whole thing decrease.

>tfw no ygritte gf